Stolen Poster in Hartford!!!!

Comments

• I TOTALLY know how you feel!
    The SAME Thing happened to me during the Portland CCFA benefit show in 2006 during the second encore. I was in tears after the show because that and the t-shirt I bought last night (which wasn't touched either) were the only pieces of merch I had allowed myself because I was on a tight budget. I had also found out that I was going to have to spot a couple of my travel buddies for our room in Seattle cause they wouldn't have their money till after the tour...and another tour buddy..who isn't one anymore stiffed me out of money for a hotel 5 days earlier.
    It hit me that I may run out of money myself and have to use my already pretty full Credit Card to make sure everything got paid for.
    People were understanding to a point...but some made me feel like I was over reacting cause it was just a poster. To a degree they were right.
    You have the option to buy from 10C after the tour. I did not as it was a fundraiser and they cannot re-sell those posters.
    I took comfort in knowing that even though I lost a poster I still supported a GREAT cause!

My story has a happy ending though. TWO YEARS after that show happened Brad Klausen started up his own website and put that poster on sale. Sure it cost me $50 or $60 (forget which) instead of the $25 I paid at the show, but it's S/N so better than the one that prick stole from me.
    And all but the bitch who stiffed me 5 days earlier paid me back after the tour. I've long since paid off that credit card and life goes on :) I watch my posters like a HAWK now!
    Wonder if it was the same douche bag who stole my poster that ripped you off. Thieving bastard!!
    Karma is a bitch and will get him/her! I also heard some asshole was going around stealing tour t-shirts from the back of floor peoples chairs earlier on this tour too.
    I know they will re-sell that shows poster on here and I REALLY hope you get one.
    I'm so sorry you had to go through what I did. Nobody should ever have to!

Good luck!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    I stood my two tubes on end between my wife and I and just kept my hands on them. Was like a standing arm rest. Never trust anybody. People that think you can...welcome to the real world.
  • Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
    That fucking sucks....

I had my KC emek in my hand literally the entire show...

"Why you don't be holding your poster the whole show now?"

had to say it.....

good luck!

I was kinda taping the show I couldnt really hold it. Most of the people around me seemed. Yea seemed trustworthy but i didnt know them. WHo knows coulda been someone who just walked by and snagged it. But it wasnt easy there was stuff all around it and on top of it. OH well lesson learned but would love to trade something with someone who has an extra or if hot willing to trade would like to sell one for face value plus shipping
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I don't buy posters at shows anymore. Too much of a hassle. A little better now that you can buy tubes, but I would rather not have to check on it every two minutes and just enjoy the show.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Phil100981 wrote:
    That fucking sucks....

I had my KC emek in my hand literally the entire show...

"Why you don't be holding your poster the whole show now?"

had to say it.....

good luck!

I was kinda taping the show I couldnt really hold it. Most of the people around me seemed. Yea seemed trustworthy but i didnt know them. WHo knows coulda been someone who just walked by and snagged it. But it wasnt easy there was stuff all around it and on top of it. OH well lesson learned but would love to trade something with someone who has an extra or if hot willing to trade would like to sell one for face value plus shipping

psst...the poster market is dead. You'll be able to find one for a decent price.
    BLACK35 wrote:
    That really pisses me off when people do that. I always think...put the shoe on the other foot, if someone was to steal your poster, you probably would be pissed. So don't steal other people's stuff.
    You should be able to go to the show, purchase the merch, enjoy the show, and go home happy..But I guess this day and age you can't do that anymore.
    Sorry for your bad luck on getting your poster stolen.

Honestly thats what I figured that you know everyone is here to enjoy the show. You buy your own merch, watch the show go home. I have put all mys tuff down before at every show. Not just Pearl Jam. I have purchased a poster at every show. Most of them i had to carry em around without a poster tube. Conviently this year they sell the poster tube for our convience, oh and I guess the theifs too. I guess thats what I get for being to trustworthy of people in this dya and age like you mentioned. I know if I get a poster in boston I wont let go of it. Hopefully I can get my hands on another hartford one without blowing the bank. That would have been my fav poster I owned if i got it home.

I have two thoughts on this post:
    1. I never buy posters but the STL poster struck me and I really wanted it. I passed the tables multiple times and didn't buy because i didn't want to worry about it all night long. However, after visiting the Guest Services office at the venue I found out that you could check your stuff in there and then get it when the show was over. They were very nice and willing to do this. I ran out of there and bought the poster, returned to guest services to check it in... After the show, I walked in, gave them my slip and they gave me my poster. Perfect. For others - Check with guest services for your venue to see if they offer this service before the show... or while you are there. In STL it was free.

2. Is it possible it rolled down the steps? In Indy I was boucing around when something hit me in the foot. The guy behind me leaned down and picked up a tube that came from nowhere. It must have fallen over and rolled or been kicked by accident. We looked around and didn't see anyone looking freaky so he set it by his feet. I don't know if anyone ever claimed it. So - it could be an innocent falling/rolling vs. stealing moment. Maybe naive, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt.
    Good luck to you.

Good Idea checking with guest services. I doubt the Garden in Boston will do that they dont even allow you to check a backpack before a show or bring one in for that matter. But no offense to all the woman out there. How come all you ladies can bring in your purses taat are twice the size og my back pack.

As to your theory on it rolling down the steps. I checked multiple time up and down the section I was in. If by any chance it came out of the bag I doubt it would have gotten passed my feet as I was standing infront of my chair the qhole night. If it did happen to roll passed me it would have most likely gotten stuck at the row in front of me as the poster tube was longer than the seash indvisual seat itself.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    This has been one shite week for you dude. First you are laid off for listening to Pearl Jam and now this?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    molocono wrote:
    I still don't understand why people leave their merch on their chair. Seriously, you deserve your stuff to be stolen. Sorry, but you do...holy crap!
    Sorry, but I disagree....

In fact, I think that thought process is pure bullshit....

The fucking piece of shit who stole the merchandise is a fucking thief....Period!!!!

I am not going to put blame on the poor guy who put his poster down, while he was enjoying the show.

Nobody DESERVES to be a victim.....

Ya on the money Speedy, good call.

So Molocono, I guess women in short skirts deserve to be raped too? This is the thought process you are using.

Those who steal are douchebags. How they could feel pleasure from making someone else feel terrible is beyond me.

Sure, it may be niave to trust those around you, but no-one deserves this shit. We live in a community and we should respect each other accordingly. It is not survival of the fittest or the lowest.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    I was 11th row center at Hartford. Right when the lights go down I see the girl on front of me put a poster tube AND HER PURSE on her seat. I tap her on the shoulder and say "can I give you a tip? you should keep that stuff on the seat in front of you when everyone stands up so you can keep an eye or hand on it."

She asks me "why, are you gonna steal it?"

Yes, I was planning on stealing your shit, that's why I told you how to protect it.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I was 11th row center at Hartford. Right when the lights go down I see the girl on front of me put a poster tube AND HER PURSE on her seat. I tap her on the shoulder and say "can I give you a tip? you should keep that stuff on the seat in front of you when everyone stands up so you can keep an eye or hand on it."

Yes, I was planning on stealing your shit, that's why I told you how to protect it.
    this goes "why now u dont protecting??" ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

:lol:
    I guess I'll stick to buying t-shirts and things small enough to fit in my pocket.

I'll be the one wearing five layers of PJ t-shirts.
    :shifty:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • I always put my stuff directly below me at shows rather than beside or behind. However, this makes me think twice. From now on, I think I will be making a trip back to the car, assuming I have a decent spot. To me, holding something throughout the entire show is annoying. I really hope you can get your hands on another one, sorry this happened to you.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    This has been one shite week for you dude. First you are laid off for listening to Pearl Jam and now this?

yea pretty shitty in deed

• AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Posts: 347
    Maybe he's getting it framed for you.

Seriously though, people fucking suck. I can't believe anyone would do this. I'm hoping if someone behind you saw it happen, they would have had the balls to say something as it was happening too. I've been lucky enough to have avoided this problem at all shows I've been to, but I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I looked down and saw my stuff missing, especially a poster (and a really good one to boot).
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
    molocono wrote:
    I still don't understand why people leave their merch on their chair. Seriously, you deserve your stuff to be stolen. Sorry, but you do...holy crap!

Because I put my stuff down on my seat right beside me I deserve to have it stolen. Something shitty happens to me and all you can say is its your fault. For everyone ass hole there seems to be 10 nice people if you ask me. Have you figured out what category I would put you in yet???

Seriously though, people fucking suck. I can't believe anyone would do this. I'm hoping if someone behind you saw it happen, they would have had the balls to say something as it was happening too. I've been lucky enough to have avoided this problem at all shows I've been to, but I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I looked down and saw my stuff missing, especially a poster (and a really good one to boot).

I asked the kids behind me. The one kid was very quick to say nope didnt see anything and he told his GF or the gilr he was with to shut up. When I glanced back up there she gave me a look of guilt like she wanted to say something to me, but she looked over at the kid she was with and looked very nervous. So if that kid took it and me not getting into it with him and saving her from any harm then losing the poster and money is far better then anything happening to the girl the guy was with. I'm am not acussing the guy of taking it he just seemed very shady and got very edgy from the point I asked towards the end of the show. Couldnt tell if he had it because of the way he was always standing to the side. But once the house lights went on he grabbed his girl and took off leaving his other 2 friends behind.

I asked the kids behind me. The one kid was very quick to say nope didnt see anything and he told his GF or the gilr he was with to shut up. When I glanced back up there she gave me a look of guilt like she wanted to say something to me, but she looked over at the kid she was with and looked very nervous. So if that kid took it and me not getting into it with him and saving her from any harm then losing the poster and money is far better then anything happening to the girl the guy was with. I'm am not acussing the guy of taking it he just seemed very shady and got very edgy from the point I asked towards the end of the show. Couldnt tell if he had it because of the way he was always standing to the side. But once the house lights went on he grabbed his girl and took off leaving his other 2 friends behind.

• AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Posts: 347
    Phil100981 wrote:

Um, he totally took it.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    What, did you have your camera above your head taking pictures and someone stole your poster?

:lol: I mean c'mon, I had to say it :lol:

In all sincerity I have to say I'm sorry for your loss. Justin Hampton truly did a great job. An opportunity will come your way but your out $32.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    molocono wrote:

He doesnt DESERVE to have some scumbag steal his shit.And for you to say that, after this guy put it out there..is pretty fucked up.There are alot of lowlifes out there.You could show a little compassion.He spent $30 on a poster he liked,and some white trash loser took his stuff.....:evil:
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    What, did you have your camera above your head taking pictures and someone stole your poster?

:lol: I mean c'mon, I had to say it :lol:

In all sincerity I have to say I'm sorry for your loss. Justin Hampton truly did a great job. An opportunity will come your way but your out $32.

no the camera wasnt over my head why would i do that. then the people behind me couldnt see. my camera was at shoulder level. I was facing 90 degrees from they way you would normally sit in one of those seats to watch a game because of the end stage view. I was constantly looking to my right (thats where my seat was) to check on my stuff. I wouldnt expect someone to steal it but you never know for sure and it still happened. i was checking at the end of every song and even during songs, I was in the aisle seat so everytime i saw someone walk behind me I looked too. To be perfectly honest I think it happened during porch when a ton of people were leaving as people always do. The person must have known that the posters sold out saw mine and figured it was worth the shot on the way up as he/she wouldnt be walking back down to their seat and it is pretty much impossible to accuse someone of stealing something that you didnt see them physically take. Espcially when there were hundreds of people walking around with pster tubes.

• EDDMBEDDMB Posts: 117
    Phil100981 wrote:
    molocono wrote:

Because I put my stuff down on my seat right beside me I deserve to have it stolen. Something shitty happens to me and all you can say is its your fault. For everyone ass hole there seems to be 10 nice people if you ask me. Have you figured out what category I would put you in yet???

Thats the guy you sat in front of.A white trash scumbag.
    1994 - Paramount - NY - 04.17
    1996 - Randalls Island,NY - 09.29
    1998 - MSG - 09.11
    2000 - Forum - Milan ,IT - 06.22
    2000 - Jones Beach,NY - 08.23, 24 & 25
    2003 - Nassau Coliseum,NY - 04.30
    2003 - MSG - 07.08 & 09
    2005 - Spectrum,PA -10.03
    2006 - Continental Arena,NJ - 06.03
    2006 - Olympic - Barcelona,Spain - 09.01
    2008 - MSG -NY,NY - 06.24 & 25
    2009 - Spectrum-Philadelphia,PA- 10.28 & 30
    2010 - Prudential Center,NJ - 05.18
    2010 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.20 & 21
    2011 - Beacon Theater,NYC - 06.22 (EV)
    2012 - M.E.N Arena - Manchester - 06.21
    2012 - Isle Of Wright Festival - England - 06.23
    2013 - Barclays Center , Bklyn NY - 10.18 & 19
    2016 - BB&T - Ft Lauderdale , FL - 04.08
    2016 - American Airlines Arena - Miami ,FL - 04.09
    2016 - Amalie Arena - Tampa ,FL - 04.11
    2016 - MSG - NY,NY - 05.01& 02
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    The camera comment was j/k because you gave me shit in another thread....

Do what we do. Stand the tube up and put it on the floor in front of you.
    In VA they didn't have bags, so we got an extra tube and put our shirts in it.
    Sucks not to be able to trust people but people drink and do stupid things. It could have been anyone.
    All in all, it should be a lesson learned.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    that sucks man. i was in 116 thinking that would happen to me the whole time, i kept looking back to check on it. i kept telling myself that in this kind of hippie show all would be well, but i guess not...sucks
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I don't care what the circumstance was, NO one should be stealing your poster. MAYBE this has been mentioned before? But why can't 10 Club memebers order the posters here from the 10 C web-site, and then have it MAILED to you?
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    If you buy tickets you should be able to get the poster too at the same time online...
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
    If you buy tickets you should be able to get the poster too at the same time online...

ALOT of 10club members have been talkin about this for a long while now i think. Hopefully it will happen someday.

Sprunkn7 wrote:
    The camera comment was j/k because you gave me shit in another thread....

Do what we do. Stand the tube up and put it on the floor in front of you.
    In VA they didn't have bags, so we got an extra tube and put our shirts in it.
    Sucks not to be able to trust people but people drink and do stupid things. It could have been anyone.
    All in all, it should be a lesson learned.

Sorry for jumpin on you about the camera. this topic is just frustrating me. But like you said I learned my lesson and hopefully anybody else who reads this thread will take your advice and put the tube between their legs on the floor. Like you said could have been anybody, I have a good idea who it was but there is nothing I can do about it now.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    in the course of a week or so you have been laid off, had a poster stolen while attending several PJ shows, and are now in the process of giving away a mccready pick? in the realm of unusual-ness man, this has truly been confusing, amusing to read.
    www.cluthelee.com