Stolen Poster in Hartford!!!!

Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hey everybody,
Just figured I would let everybody know at leat if you are going to remaining tour dates. I purchased a poster and poster tube @ the Hartford Show on my way in. I also had two Pearl Jam T shirts and a Key chain in the bag as well. I was in section 117 on the aisle so it seemed like after every song like clock work and even a few times during a song i would lookdown to make sure my stuff was still there. Well during porch I look over and there is nothing there. Well after moving the chair up and looking ubder it I found the bag of T Shirts and the Key Chain, but the poster and tube are gone. Thank You to whoever took my poster. Not only was I telling my friend it was my favorite of any poster of Pearl Jams I have ever seen and I have the most perfect spot to frame it and put it up at home. Well Unless anybody happened to buy 2 of em and would wanna set up some sort of a Pearl Jam Trade so I could get my hands on the poster again. I would like to not have to spend another 30 dollars on it. But I don't mind trading some Pearl Jam Items for another Pearl Jam Item. If anybody would like to help me out and work a trade that would be great. PM me or send me a quick message in the thread. The poster sold out quite quick and I think someone just got desperate and found mine to be an easy target because I was seated at al aisle seat.

EDIT: PLEASE READ The Main reason I posted this theard was to just remind everyone out there to be careful with your belongings, usually you are pretty much all set if you leave your stuff on your seat. I have done it hundreds of times at concerts and never had anything stolen. Now that you can purchase poster tubes for your posters you now have the luxury of not having to hold onto the poster the whole show as you did before. Honestly I know its a pain in the ass but I would much rather them do the wristband thing again. The posters always sell out and if you have it on your seat just be extra careful and if you have an aisle seat like I did just ask the person sitting next to you if during the show you could place your poster there if he isnt going to be sitting down. I think i was easily victimized because of my aisle seat and the easy access to the exit. I really wasn't looking for people to bash me for leaving my stuff on MY SEAT. I was just trying to remind everyone to just be careful with your stuff. In general we all think that people are nice and wouldn't steal other peoples property, but we live in a society where that does happen and its unfortunate. So please if you have a friendly comment or something that might cheer a guy up who got something he really liked stolen, please do us all a favor and don't leave any bad comments.
You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    Why would you ever put your poster down?
  • I always put my poster down. Maybe I'm too trusting or looking for a fight, Idk. I have a lot of posters I will trade one with someone that has an extra for you. Send me a pm. With what they want, up to a purple vic. O not gonna frame it. So let me know. Sometimes I really hate people.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    what an arsehole!!!!!
    danny d
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    danny wrote:
    what an arsehole!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
    That fucking sucks....

I had my KC emek in my hand literally the entire show...

"Why you don't be holding your poster the whole show now?"

had to say it.....

good luck!
    and love, what a different life had I not had this love with you.
    That fucking sucks....

had to say it.....

good luck!
    u mean "why now u dont holding??
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Pretty crap!! There's some git's out there.

But this made me smile;

:lol::clap:
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Claireack wrote:
    Pretty crap!! There's some git's out there.

But this made me smile;

:lol::clap:

Yer that made me smile :lol:

But what a cock, if you catch him your alloowed to cut off his fingers ;)
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,680
    That really pisses me off when people do that. I always think...put the shoe on the other foot, if someone was to steal your poster, you probably would be pissed. So don't steal other people's stuff.
    You should be able to go to the show, purchase the merch, enjoy the show, and go home happy..But I guess this day and age you can't do that anymore.
    Sorry for your bad luck on getting your poster stolen.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    I still don't understand why people leave their merch on their chair. Seriously, you deserve your stuff to be stolen. Sorry, but you do...holy crap!
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    molocono wrote:
    I still don't understand why people leave their merch on their chair. Seriously, you deserve your stuff to be stolen. Sorry, but you do...holy crap!

I will remember that if Im sat behind you ever and you put anything down for a second
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    in Buffalo I kept my poster & tube in the cup holder in front of me. It was pretty safe. No cupholders on the floor.

Sorry to hear about your poster. Dont worry, there is one out there for you. You may have to wait until the 10c sale though unless you overpay
  • EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 869
    molocono wrote:

right? If I were standing in my seat location I might place my shirt in my chair. It is totally off base to say anyone deserves their stuff to be stolen. If its not yours don't take it. The thieves are likely fliping on eBay. It not like finding a dollar on the street.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
    molocono wrote:
    and cos there are guns someone should kill u..what logic is that??
  • DreamOfAngelsDreamOfAngels Posts: 829
    I have two thoughts on this post:
    1. I never buy posters but the STL poster struck me and I really wanted it. I passed the tables multiple times and didn't buy because i didn't want to worry about it all night long. However, after visiting the Guest Services office at the venue I found out that you could check your stuff in there and then get it when the show was over. They were very nice and willing to do this. I ran out of there and bought the poster, returned to guest services to check it in... After the show, I walked in, gave them my slip and they gave me my poster. Perfect. For others - Check with guest services for your venue to see if they offer this service before the show... or while you are there. In STL it was free.

2. Is it possible it rolled down the steps? In Indy I was boucing around when something hit me in the foot. The guy behind me leaned down and picked up a tube that came from nowhere. It must have fallen over and rolled or been kicked by accident. We looked around and didn't see anyone looking freaky so he set it by his feet. I don't know if anyone ever claimed it. So - it could be an innocent falling/rolling vs. stealing moment. Maybe naive, but I like to give the benefit of the doubt.
    Good luck to you.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    sucks that you lost your poster.

keep your eyes peeled out for Santos posts
    and good luck replacing that gem of a poster .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JH165252JH165252 Posts: 20
    Sorry to hear about your poster. I too was victimized at the Buffalo show. I put my jacket on my seat behind me and thought everyone was cool around me since I was in the Ten Club section and people were there to see the band and not collect Gap jackets. Must've been a Ten Club guest in section 106 row 13 because when I looked down at the end of the night my jacket was gone. Should've tied it around my waste. Gotta love life's lowlife assholes. Was my favorite jacket too. Luckily no keys, wallet or cell phone were in the pockets, just my ticket stub, which I like to keep and collect.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    molocono wrote:
    Sorry, but I disagree....

In fact, I think that thought process is pure bullshit....

The fucking piece of shit who stole the merchandise is a fucking thief....Period!!!!

I am not going to put blame on the poor guy who put his poster down, while he was enjoying the show.

Nobody DESERVES to be a victim.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    And how anyone could enjoy framing, hanging and looking at a poster
    that they knew they TOOK from someone else, ruining their show experience is beyond me.

Sorry you got ripped off, that's just so wrong.

Jamily my ass.
    Nice shirt.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    molocono wrote:

The fucking piece of shit who stole the merchandise is a fucking thief....Period!!!!

I am not going to put blame on the poor guy who put his poster down, while he was enjoying the show.

Speedy hits the nail on the head here. For someone to say that a person deserves to have their poster stolen cause they put it down in their space while they were enjoying the show is just ludicrous, sounds like a statement made by someone who makes a habit of stealing things.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    sounds like a statement made by someone who makes a habit of stealing things.
    my first thought was that..
  • That totally sucks! I can't believe the nerve of some people.

I always put stuff under my seat. Perhaps I'm too trusting. Now I know I have to spend the entire concert holding my merchandise.

This is why I loved the wristband policy of '08 or the pre-poster sale from last year.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    molocono wrote:

Wow, it's posts like this that really make me question the morality of the world today. So you think that every piece of property a person owns deserves to be stolen if that person doesn't watch and protect the property constantly?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • edited May 2010
    I know exactly how this guys feels. I had 5 postersstolen in tubes but this was from my house its totally sucks...

And to the guy who said he DESRVES IT... your the only arsehole here. Why should we stand the whole show with a tube in our hands.. we want to enjoy it and should not have to worry about the people around us being theives...

Ill be looking out for you behind me at every show I go to.
    Post edited by gems_and_rhinestones on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    molocono wrote:

i guess we found the thief
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Poncier wrote:

+1
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • asurPRIZEleftasurPRIZEleft Posts: 229
    That fucking sucks....

had to say it.....

good luck!
    great lol
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • asurPRIZEleftasurPRIZEleft Posts: 229
    Poncier wrote:
    +2
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    molocono wrote:

THIS.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    They will sell them on here after the tour, just keep your eyes peeled.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}