Buried or cremated?

Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Or stuffed? Lol. I want to be put in tomb or something.

I have another question, I don't want an autopsy nor do I want any fluids taken from me, is that possible?
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    I dont think its possibly to not be drained sadly. An autopsy is only done if its a suspicious circumstances I think, or cause of death is not apparent.
  • I definitely want to be cremated. I'm very claustrophobic, and the thought of my body being placed in a small, enclosed, dark box and buried 6 feet under the ground freaks me out just a little! But I don't want to be kept in an urn, either. Scatter my ashes!
    "makes much more sense to live in the present tense"
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    cremated :oops:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Creepy subject but I saw on tv that funeral homes are not getting enough buisnesse cause of any people are being cremated and they are offering buy 1 plot get 1 free. Lol
    I'll be back
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Creepy subject but I saw on tv that funeral homes are not getting enough buisnesse cause of any people are being cremated and they are offering buy 1 plot get 1 free. Lol
    omg... lol

a french exchange student told me once that in france they had to re-bury a lot of coffins to make space in a graveyard or something, and when they took a bunch of the coffins out some opened and there were a lot that had scratch marks inside. apparently it was due to a disease that paralyzed the victim temporarily and the doctors back then couldnt tell that they were still alive. so everyone thought they died and when the disease wore off the people came out of the coma... inside the coffin!

therefore, if i ever get buried in a coffin i'll want some sort of escape plan buried with me.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • omg... lol

a french exchange student told me once that in france they had to re-bury a lot of coffins to make space in a graveyard or something, and when they took a bunch of the coffins out some opened and there were a lot that had scratch marks inside. apparently it was due to a disease that paralyzed the victim temporarily and the doctors back then couldnt tell that they were still alive. so everyone thought they died and when the disease wore off the people came out of the coma... inside the coffin!

therefore, if i ever get buried in a coffin i'll want some sort of escape plan buried with me.

Yet another reason to be cremated....
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Def not cremated, i believe we should all donate our organs + skin etc to help others. Skin may sound weird but organs for sure then the rest of me can be buried if so wish.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Brisk. wrote:
    Def not cremated, i believe we should all donate our organs + skin etc to help others. Skin may sound weird but organs for sure then the rest of me can be buried if so wish.

I do not want to be an organ donor. Sounds selfish but I have my reasons. I will not be buried. Its all personal though
    Brisk. wrote:
    Good point ed!
    I don't really understand the argument that you cant get into heaven if you don't have all your parts for the afterlife... its like the least selfish thing you can do, isn't that what many religions preach?

My grandpa donated his eyes.... its crazy what they can do!!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Doesn't matter to me, I'll be dead and my existance in this world will be over
  • I do plan on donating my organs before being cremated. You can do that, right? I mean, you don't have to have all your organs intact to be cremated, correct?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    haffajappa wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Good point ed!
    I don't really understand the argument that you cant get into heaven if you don't have all your parts for the afterlife... its like the least selfish thing you can do, isn't that what many religions preach?

My grandpa donated his eyes.... its crazy what they can do!!

It's all part of the indoctrination.

Yeah its mad!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Brisk. wrote:

count me in for donating, as long as it doesn't go to penal enlargement surgery
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Feed to the bears.. why waste my meat?
    I do plan on donating my organs before being cremated. You can do that, right? I mean, you don't have to have all your organs intact to be cremated, correct?
    Yep, my grandfather was cremated but still donated.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cremated....why waste the land for burial???
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Cremated....why waste the land for burial???
    thats a good point
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    They can take whatever they want when I'm dead, then bury me so I can provide a little fertiliser for whatever is growing nearby. At our local cemetary there's a woodland area, think I'd quite like to go in there in a wicker/cardboard coffin.
    Claireack wrote:
    They can take whatever they want when I'm dead, then bury me so I can provide a little fertiliser for whatever is growing nearby. At our local cemetary there's a woodland area, think I'd quite like to go in there in a wicker/cardboard coffin.
    or a sunchips cornchip bag
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    haffajappa wrote:
    or a sunchips cornchip bag

How big is the bag? I'm not the smallest of girls.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Be turned into a diamond.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Cremated - my ashes scattered out West somewhere. Near an ocean would be nice .
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Cremated.....and then when I get put in that little box with my little plaque, I want all my pets' ashes put in there with me. Then when my bf dies, his ashes are going in the same box too.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Claireack wrote:
    At our local cemetary there's a woodland area, think I'd quite like to go in there in a wicker/cardboard coffin.

I don't think that's legal here in the States. My dad looked into it because he wanted to build his own casket, but he ran into a lot of red tape. Apparently you can build you own, but the funeral home (or mortician) has to approve it. And because they are normally the ones making commissions on selling caskets, they don't approve them (at least in Michigan).
    So dad decided he wants to donate his body to science. I used to think it was creepy and weird, but now, I'm kind of leaning toward that too.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    When you're buried here in the U.S., rest assured that you are definitely dead. Your body is drained of blood, your friends and family get to stand around you for hours during visitation touching your cold, lifeless skin. I would be unconcerned about being buried alive.

I'm surprised we still have enough real estate to live on with all the billions of people put in the ground. Burial is a waste of space. I say that with a parent in the ground. I would have been better served shoving $8000 up my ass.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    im burning either way
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    id like to be cremated, kept in a empty folgers can, driven to the coast by The Dude and Walter, then set free all over The Dude's beard and-

SHUT THE FUCK UP DONNIE!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    cremated is what I want.
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Lit on fire moments before I die.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    I think trash is better burned than thrown into a hole.