What makes a douche PJ fan?!???

MICHAEL FROM FARGOMICHAEL FROM FARGO Posts: 17
edited May 2010 in The Porch
We have all seen them in ten club seats and or around us but what makes a douche bag or "lame fan"

Sign at a show asking for betterman

Wearing a pearl jam shirt to a pearl jam show?

Drinking so much before the show that you have to piss every 4 songs?

Bitching and moaning that you have been screwed by the ten club?

Thinking that Eddie is the only one in the band that matters and you look forward to long Boom Solos?

You have to have everything that the band puts out $12.00 socks ? Including pearl jam underwear soon to be released........$49.95 but make your farts sound like a stone solo!!!

You live in NEW JERSEY or like the cubs because you like "all the way"?

Let
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    We have all seen them in ten club seats and or around us but what makes a douche bag or "lame fan"

Thinking that Eddie is the only one in the band that matters and you look forward to long Boom Solos?

You have to have everything that the band puts out $12.00 socks ? Including pearl jam underwear soon to be released........$49.95 but make your farts sound like a stone solo!!!

Let

what is wrong with requesting betterman??? :shock: :?

after that i stopped reading...
  • PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    I'd say: Calling out for Yellow Ledbetter before the 1st encore...really happened, MGM Vegas 2006.

But I have to admit w/ pride, I do enjoy a Boom solo and I'm not a douche.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • SpinTheBlackOSpinTheBlackO Posts: 385
    a sure fire sign is starting a post on the message board belittling people
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    edited May 2010
    I think making threads that tell others how to be fans, or that make fun of other fans should be on your list.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    edited May 2010

Post something on the board to insult people in bulk?

and you look forward to long Boom Solos?

Although if you put "when others are shouting "Boom", you "boo" ...that would have been funny. But you didn't, so I'll take credit for that gem. 8-)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099

Let
    None of the above. The only thing that makes a douche Pearl Jam fan is one that leaves every show disappointed, and speaks condescendingly about them all. Or a scalper. Fuck scalpers.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    wearing the t-shirt of the band you are seeing is a sign of a douche in general
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    edited May 2010

That's fucked up. Why is it a crime to wear a Pearl Jam shirt @ a Pearl Jam show? Why then do they sell Pearl Jam tour t-shirts @ a Pearl Jam show? Why would you even then buy a tour shirt @ a Pearl Jam show? I'll never understand that. So I guess it's ok then to wear a Pearl Jam shirt @ a rap show or Barbra Streisand show? That's normal right? But it's not normal to wear a Pearl Jam or Pearl Jam releated t-shirt @ a Pearl Jam show. No wonder this planet if fucked up in the head with idiots! The band member's themselves wear their very own Pearl Jam t-shirts. I guess they are all called douches right? :?
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • a sure fire sign is starting a post on the message board belittling people

douche!
  • wearing the t-shirt of the band you are seeing is a sign of a douche in general

agree!
  • PEARLJAM NJPEARLJAM NJ Posts: 42
    Amazingly, you've answered your own question with your own post!!!
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    edited May 2010
    Re: What makes a douche PJ fan?!??? .

1. the ones that think they need to go to every show . and this one i can understand ... or

2. they need to have everything out the goods section . OR . ;)

3. My new favorite . are the guys the prowl the front rows looking for Guitar pics and other goods the band might throw Off the stage right after the show ... get a life . :o:lol:
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    edited May 2010
    Pear Jam underwear! Awesome can't wait. Douche bag fan is Andrew Peters of the New Jersey Devils formerly of the Buffalo Sabres. After the show at bar next door called Cobblestone they were playing only PJ before and after. He takes the mike at DJ booth and goes I was screwed they didn't play the greatest hit of all time. Jeremy. So he played it. WTF! You were screwed? Think not they played Fatal! I don't want to be this royal self centered PJ fan(fan from day one) but god damn it listen to every album. I love each album the most. All though the avocado album is amazing and hard not to listen to the most. Anyway that is a Douche bag. Of course he is huge and was sitting next to me and I would not tell him that. Hey I just had shoulder surgery!
    Post edited by sabreleaf on
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112

agree!

Ok I'll leave my Pearl Jam t-shirt at home, but that means I get to wear my Vulcan Ears then!
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    Amazingly, you've answered your own question with your own post!!!

lmfao :lol:
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    You can wear whatever you want.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568

agree!

Where did this rule come from? I've never really understood it, what makes that person a douche? and why is it different from someone wearing a jersey to a sporting event?
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • jokertt wrote:
    Re: What makes a douche PJ fan?!??? .

1. the ones that think they need to go to every show . or

1000%
    you got it !!!!!!
    Right on now you get the post!!!!!
    2. they need to have everything out the goods section . ;)

3. My new favorite . are the guys the prowl the front rows looking for pics and other goods the band might throw Off the stage right after the show ... get a life . :o:lol:
  • AV68708AV68708 Posts: 15
    everyone is a douche, EXCEPT YOU, will you teach me the way. We love you!
    Don't get the can't wear the shirt. I wear my 10 club black sweat jacket and people love it. I to wear jerseys to the game. Guess I'm a Douche! Good to know. Now if someone calls me it I will just reply..thanks
  • demetrios wrote:

That's fucked up. Why is it a crime to wear a Pearl Jam shirt @ a Pearl Jam show? Why then do they sell Pearl Jam tour t-shirts @ a Pearl Jam show? Why would you even then buy a tour shirt @ a Pearl Jam show? I'll never understand that. So I guess it's ok then to wear a Pearl Jam shirt @ a rap show or Barbra Streisand show? That's normal right? But it's not normal to wear a Pearl Jam or Pearl Jam releated t-shirt @ a Pearl Jam show. No wonder this planet if fucked up in the head with idiots! The band member's themselves wear their very own Pearl Jam t-shirts. I guess they are all called douches right? :?
    right on dude!!! i'm wearing my stickman t-shirt for sure. i don't see anything wrong with that. what bothers me is when someone wears a Motley Crue t-shirt to a Dave Matthew's Band concert, I mean, really? :lol:
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    The tshirt thing doesnt bother me. I dont do it, but I dont look down on people who do. being decked out in all PJ gear though is a surefire sign. I sat next to a guy in Columbus who was wearing a PJ hat, wristbands, tshirt and socks (the kicker was his black shorty gym shorts) and he had his camera up the whole time.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale

agree!

Where did this rule come from? I've never really understood it, what makes that person a douche? and why is it different from someone wearing a jersey to a sporting event?

It's from the 1994 movie PCU with Jeremy Piven.

Droz: 'What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy."
    Thats it. I'm renting a Tux for Hartford.

agree!

well, douche is a harsh word... i guess gimp would be better. you're at the concert, you've spent money to be at the concert, so everyone knows you like the band. what's the point of advertising it? we get it, we know you like the band. you don't need to wear the shirt. it's tacky.
    the difference between concerts and sports is that there are two teams battling each other at a sporting event. you wear the jerseys/hats/foam stuff to show your support and show the opposing team/fans which side you're on.
    there's no opposing team at a concert... everyone likes the same band otherwise they wouldn't be there. unless it was a battle of the bands, then i guess that would be a loophole...
    CJMST3K wrote:

Droz: 'What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy."

i've never seen this but jeremy piven is the man and now i'm going to rent it!
  • that guy that scream out at the worst times on Benaroya, guess what?

you are a MASSIVE DOUCHE

same goes for you idiots who shout out stupid shit at Eddie solo shows because you know he hears you.
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    well, douche is a harsh word... i guess gimp would be better. you're at the concert, you've spent money to be at the concert, so everyone knows you like the band. what's the point of advertising it? we get it, we know you like the band. you don't need to wear the shirt. it's tacky.
    the difference between concerts and sports is that there are two teams battling each other at a sporting event. you wear the jerseys/hats/foam stuff to show your support and show the opposing team/fans which side you're on.
    there's no opposing team at a concert... everyone likes the same band otherwise they wouldn't be there. unless it was a battle of the bands, then i guess that would be a loophole...
    CJMST3K wrote:

Interesting, never have seen that movie either, and Jeremy Piven is the man. And that makes sense, about it being tacky and pretty dumb. I've always thought that too, I just don't think its enough to declare that person is a jerk or anything.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
    CJMST3K wrote:

i've never seen this but jeremy piven is the man and now i'm going to rent it!

It's a MUST see. Like tonight. Yup - you can't even wait to Netflix it... you're gonna have to go to Blockbuster.

...and it might not be the "best" movie, but I've seen it a million times, that I can't turn it off if it's on, so take that into account.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the guys at shows who abuse the 1 poster per person rule,
    who then rush home to flippem
    or list them on the pit with " make me an offer " and no asking prices.

:roll:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
This discussion has been closed.