talk about blowing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever?

Babe Ruth
    Jeter
    Lou Gerig
    Micky Mantle
    Joe Dimaggio
    Willie Mays

that's a tough nut to crack, that top 5.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Poncier wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    There's rumors that Tony Parker could end up as a knick! That kind of pg with lebron and then they sign a boozer/bosh/Amare and we'd be in business
    They can't afford 3 max contracts, so that isn't happening.

They can afford 2. and then can resign a player or do a sign and trade. Ny has a lot of flexability...the question is, who wants to sign with them first and will anybody follow?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    one thing's for sure... he would be top 5 biggest sports stars ever in ny

talk about blowing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever?

Babe Ruth
    Jeter
    Lou Gerig
    Micky Mantle
    Joe Dimaggio
    Willie Mays

that's a tough nut to crack, that top 5.

yea but if he turned the knicks around and won titles and scores 35 a game for 10 years ??
    he would be up there

p.s. dont forget messier :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    I have nothing to add to this conversation besides....

knicks1.jpg
    yea but if he turned the knicks around and won titles and scores 35 a game for 10 years ??
    he would be up there

or he could end up like Barkley and never win anything.

i was going to add LT to the list, but wasn't sure i should. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

knicks1.jpg

keep dreaming....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    he would be up there

or he could end up like Barkley and never win anything.

i was going to add LT to the list, but wasn't sure i should. :lol:

true

as for LT im a jets fan and always thought he was an overrated crack head
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

interesting how lebron can come to knicks and save/turn around that team much like messier did with the blueshirts.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

knicks1.jpg

keep dreaming....

I will, and while I am at it, how about one more...

lbjphotoshop.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    milarso wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    This game allows for individuals to carry a team on their shoulders(game of individuals) and the king has broad shoulders!

As he's so finely demonstrated in Cleveland :roll:
    The talk of LeBron going to New York was a myth perpetuated by the NY media when they realized the Knicks were going to have a lot of cap space.
    There isn't a single basketball person whose opinion I respect, in print or on TV, who thinks LeBron to New York is a good idea, or something that's going to happen. The Clippers would be a better fit if he wanted a big city.
    But keep up those big city dreams...

the Clippers.... That's funny! Sterling is one of the worst owners ever, Lakers are always gonna be filet mignon while the Clippers are taco bell. Yea they have talent, so would anyone picking in the lottery for 20 years. They have become that sexy pick...... The one where people try to show they know what they are talking about to even suggest that as a destination. Billy Crystal can suck it.

And to call it a myth about NY, that's a lil stretch. It makes just about much sense as anywhere else.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I honestly think he'd have a better shot at a championship as a Bull...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I just hope it's not NY, since they somehow think it's their birthright to get him. When he doesn't go to NY, it will be a thing of beauty seeing them whine and bitch (something NYers are good at).
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    CROJAM95 wrote:

the Clippers.... That's funny! Sterling is one of the worst owners ever, Lakers are always gonna be filet mignon while the Clippers are taco bell. Yea they have talent, so would anyone picking in the lottery for 20 years. They have become that sexy pick...... The one where people try to show they know what they are talking about to even suggest that as a destination. Billy Crystal can suck it.

And to call it a myth about NY, that's a lil stretch. It makes just about much sense as anywhere else.

I didn't say they were good, just better than NY.
    Let's see- a starting lineup that included Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin or one that includes Tracy McGrady and four other guys no one has ever heard of. Not a very hard choice.
    It's all about talent. New York sucks, and won't get any better unless they bring in another big name. I don't think it's going to happen. Even if they brought in Chris Bosh and LeBron, who else is going to help them? Wilson Chandler? Danilo Gallinari? There's a championship team for you...
    New York as a destination only seems to make sense to people from New York...
    He either stays in Cleveland or goes to Chicago.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I didn't say they were good, just better than NY.
    Let's see- a starting lineup that included Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin or one that includes Tracy McGrady and four other guys no one has ever heard of. Not a very hard choice.
    It's all about talent. New York sucks, and won't get any better unless they bring in another big name. I don't think it's going to happen. Even if they brought in Chris Bosh and LeBron, who else is going to help them? Wilson Chandler? Danilo Gallinari? There's a championship team for you...
    New York as a destination only seems to make sense to people from New York...
    He either stays in Cleveland or goes to Chicago.

It wouldn't totally shock me if he stayed in Cleveland, they can offer him more money and they did have the best record in the regular season, it's not uncommon for teams to have to tweak their lineup to win it all.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

knicks1.jpg

keep dreaming....

I will, and while I am at it, how about one more...

lbjphotoshop.jpg

He's gonna be #6 next year, so that's not even an accurate dream.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Though I do think Chicago has a chance, IMO who wants to live in the shadows of 6 titles?

As opposed to not winning an NBA title in nearly 40 years. The shadow of MJ is WAY overplayed. It's been 12 years since they won. Most people 25 and under don't even really remember him as a Bull. I'm 33 and that run happen when I was 14-21. It does not matter.

MJ's shadow is only made bigger by Lebron himself.

Most people under 25 don't remember Jordan? Get real!!!! He's still the biggest name in hoops on the planet, and always as a Bull.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    jordanwiz.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:

It wouldn't totally shock me if he stayed in Cleveland, they can offer him more money and they did have the best record in the regular season, it's not uncommon for teams to have to tweak their lineup to win it all.

To be honest, I think that, as of today, the smart money is on him staying in Cleveland. Like you said, they can offer him more money, the team already won 60 games in the regular season, and they will have some money to spend.
    I also think that Dan Gilbert (Cavs' owner) has shown he's committed to James. Now, the team just has to go after that other piece of the puzzle. It should be interesting to see what happens.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Eat it LeBron! Go Celts!
    Love it! ;):mrgreen: Go Celtics!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen::clap::mrgreen: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Eat it LeBron! Go Celts!
    Love it! ;):mrgreen: Go Celtics!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen::clap::mrgreen: :wave:

YES! Hopefully taking game 1 today over Orlando.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2