Hows it feel right now Cleveland?

pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
WOW, just a complete failure. They quit at the end.
Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    The Drive?
    The Shot?
    Jose Mesa in the '97 World Series?

This is just par for the course for Cleveland.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Posts: 2,247
    Poor Lebron
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    As a Boston fan, I hope LeBron stays in Cleveland and wins that town a championship one of these years.

The supporting cast is simply too weak at this point. I realize they stepped up a little, but they need another HOF type guy.

Celts have 3, and who knows with Rondo, maybe one day we will look back and this team will have 4 HOFers.

GO CELTICS!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Eat it LeBron! Go Celts!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Eat it LeBron! Go Celts!

YEAAAHHH!!!!

Great win tonight. But hey, I was very pleased to not see LeBron storm off court in a tantrum.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    Poor Lebron

Very rich Lebron.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    "starting at forward for the new York knicks, at 6'9 from
    Akron Ohio, leeeeeeeeeeebRon james"
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Don't hold your breath. If he wants to win, like he said he does, his next stop will be Chicago. They are a playoff contender right now and if you add James to the mix they become title contenders next year. If he just wants to get paid he will end up in NY, unless somehow they manage to ink D. Wade as well, then I could see it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Don't hold your breath. If he wants to win, like he said he does, his next stop will be Chicago. They are a playoff contender right now and if you add James to the mix they become title contenders next year. If he just wants to get paid he will end up in NY, unless somehow they manage to ink D. Wade as well, then I could see it.
    Not Wade, too similar style to LeBron.
    Kincks have room for 2 max contracts and will go after LeBron and Chris Bosh.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA! I'm not a LJ fan or hater, but if he goes to NY I will quickly become a hater. I love the arrogance of the NY Times today "Bring on the King". Why is NY somehow owed LJ? Can someone please explain that to me and why NY is so damn arrogant.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    It feels just - horrible !!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a big sports fan, but I was watching the Cavs for the past couple of games, just hoping they would make it !!!! Oh well, maybe next year....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    pureoc wrote:
    They quit at the end.
    That was just baffling. The Clippers on January 17th don't quit at the end like that against the Warriors...to see a team quit at the end of a playoff elimination game is telling, if Cleveland retains Lebron, they need to dump everyone else on the team save maybe Varajeao and put a whole new cast together.

Reggie Miller must've been beside himself when he saw that.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pureoc wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

HA! I'm not a LJ fan or hater, but if he goes to NY I will quickly become a hater. I love the arrogance of the NY Times today "Bring on the King". Why is NY somehow owed LJ? Can someone please explain that to me and why NY is so damn arrogant.

cause everybody wants to play here .. sorry
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Poncier wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not Wade, too similar style to LeBron.
    Kincks have room for 2 max contracts and will go after LeBron and Chris Bosh.

I can see that. They have the money but it takes more than just two studs to win a title. The rest of that team would be a steaming pile of crap. That's why I still think it'll be Chicago. Great young team.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    There's rumors that Tony Parker could end up as a knick! That kind of pg with lebron and then they sign a boozer/bosh/Amare and we'd be in business
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't know why everyone thinks this is going to happen. He said he wants to go to a winner. Cleveland with LeBron is a lot closer to a championship than New York with LeBron.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."

Not Stephon Marbury...and apparently anyone else good- the Knicks haven't won more than 40 games in a season in 10 years. Haven't made the playoffs in the last six seasons... I know if I were a marquee NBA player, I'd want to go to one of the worst teams in the league...
    milarso wrote:

Not Stephon Marbury...and apparently anyone else good- the Knicks haven't won more than 40 games in a season in 10 years. Haven't made the playoffs in the last six seasons... I know if I were a marquee NBA player, I'd want to go to one of the worst teams in the league...

lebrons sidekicks in Cleveland suck monkey balls, he made them as good as they could be

they will look like the knicks if/when he leaves

b ball is the easiest sport to turn around your fortunes, 1 or 2 players can mean the world
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cleveland is pretty much used to failure at this point.

The only way James goes to NY is if he has somebody else lined up to go with him, which in reality, wouldn't be too hard to do.

The Cleveland roster just isn't very good. Shaq is a big oaf that needs to retire. Big Z isn't far behind. Then you have that nut case West. Mo who? team sucks, and so does the coach.

Chicago is on the verge of big things and assuming they sign a big time free agent, could challenge next year.

The one thing i wonder, does James take less money and go to a suprise team, like boston or la???
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:

lebrons sidekicks in Cleveland suck monkey balls, he made them as good as they could be

they will look like the knicks if/when he leaves

b ball is the easiest sport to turn around your fortunes, 1 or 2 players can mean the world

I don't disagree with what you've said above, but I just don't think he would go to New York. The front office is even more inept than that of Cleveland. The franchise hasn't been relevant since Jordan played.
    If he leaves Cleveland (and lets remember he forfeits about $30 million by leaving) I think he goes to Chicago. Like New York, it's a big market, it's an iconic franchise, but unlike NYC- the Bulls are already a contender looking for a player to take them over the top.
    one thing's for sure... he would be top 5 biggest sports stars ever in ny

talk about blowing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    lebron-james-knicks.jpg
    the celtics fans chanting ny knicks was pretty awesome last night

very clever
    The front office has gotten better with Donnie walsh, isiah's retard moves no doubt hurt us.... Donnie got us well under the cap. Though I do think Chicago has a chance, IMO who wants to live in the shadows of 6 titles? Imagine winning in ny, canyon of heroes like his beloved Yankees ;) the knicks are in position to make a run at some big time players, plus he will make up that $$ that Cleveland could max him out at in a ny minute here
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Though I do think Chicago has a chance, IMO who wants to live in the shadows of 6 titles?

As opposed to not winning an NBA title in nearly 40 years. The shadow of MJ is WAY overplayed. It's been 12 years since they won. Most people 25 and under don't even really remember him as a Bull. I'm 33 and that run happen when I was 14-21. It does not matter.

If you were talking about him going to the Celtics or Lakers I could understand the shadow but not the Bulls.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    There's rumors that Tony Parker could end up as a knick! That kind of pg with lebron and then they sign a boozer/bosh/Amare and we'd be in business
    They can't afford 3 max contracts, so that isn't happening.
    Poncier wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    They can't afford 3 max contracts, so that isn't happening.

parkers under contract...... It would be a trade

knicks won't have a problem paying the luxury tax if they could land quality, I believe parkers on the books for around $13 million
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Though I do think Chicago has a chance, IMO who wants to live in the shadows of 6 titles?

As opposed to not winning an NBA title in nearly 40 years. The shadow of MJ is WAY overplayed. It's been 12 years since they won. Most people 25 and under don't even really remember him as a Bull. I'm 33 and that run happen when I was 14-21. It does not matter.

If you were talking about him going to the Celtics or Lakers I could understand the shadow but not the Bulls.

doesnt matter if they haven't won in 80 years. This game allows for individuals to carry a team on their shoulders(game of individuals) and the king has broad shoulders! How were those bulls prior to MJ? The Gardens energy with a solid team would be a sight to see. Chicago is a world class city all the way, there's still only 1 NY
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    This game allows for individuals to carry a team on their shoulders(game of individuals) and the king has broad shoulders!

As he's so finely demonstrated in Cleveland :roll:
    The talk of LeBron going to New York was a myth perpetuated by the NY media when they realized the Knicks were going to have a lot of cap space.
    There isn't a single basketball person whose opinion I respect, in print or on TV, who thinks LeBron to New York is a good idea, or something that's going to happen. The Clippers would be a better fit if he wanted a big city.
    But keep up those big city dreams...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    milarso wrote:
    The talk of LeBron going to New York was a myth perpetuated by the NY media when they realized the Knicks were going to have a lot of cap space.

they hired a guy whose sole job is to recruit lebron.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg