Opener will tell the tale in Bristow

2»

Comments

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    Oceans or Of The Girl would be the phenomenal. I keep missing out on these songs and would like to hear them, please. :)
  • Im calling Low Light for the opener tonight. Just seems like it is time for it.
    Id like to see Brain of J, Given to Fly, Low Light, In Hiding, Down, Long Road, SOLAT, Gonna see my Friend, Got some, Amongst The Waves, Unthought Known, Supersonic, Hail Hail, In My tree, Smile, Present Tense, Even Flow, Alive, Porch, Oceans, Go, Animal, Daughter--->Its Ok, Glorified G, Dissident, WMA, Blood, RVM, Rats, Elderly Woman, Leash, Indifference, Last Exit, Lukin-->Not For You, Corduroy, Satan's Bed, Betterman, Immortality, Evacuation, Light Years, Of the Girl, Rival, Slight of Hand, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Big Wave, Inside Job, I am Mine, Baba O Riley, and Yellow Ledbetter. :D

Ill settle for anyhing they feel like playing though :lol:
  • I think Of the Girl opened Bristow in 2003. The Long Road was the opener the first time I saw them - 1996 at Merriweather Post (worst. venue. EVER).

Im grooving on Unthought Known lately, would make an interesting opener - it starts slow and builds nicely, though Oceans would be a rare treat as well...
  • Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Wasnt Long Road opener in VA Beach in 08? Same state- they shouldnt do it again! Oceans is basically the only song they should open with today.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Can't Keep opened the Bristow show in 2003
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    edited May 2010
    A good way to start a show would be with Immortality . . . because shows must end, but the point is to enjoy them while they are happening. So, the song would set a theme of surprises unfolding, like life.

Also, I'm so used to being tired by the 5th song, I just want to ease into the show this time. :D

I just re-read the lyrics, and maybe they aren't the BEST way to open a show, but it's still a great song.

I cannot stop the thought...I'm running in the dark...
    Coming up a which way sign...all good truants must decide...

The above would apply to the first song of my potentially favorite PJ concert of all time!
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Panthers82 wrote:
    Can't Keep opened the Bristow show in 2003

Yup, correct, my bad. That was also the first show where they played "Why Go" after a very long absence from the setlist.
  • Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449
    I have a feeling it will be Sometimes or Of The Girl. Just my two cents. No matter what it will be a great show and there is always another show you will be jealous of the setlist. ;)
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I know it is NOT an opener, but my husband wants to hear Crazy Mary :)

I would like Of the Girl.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    why does the opener matter?

what would you do if they did an evening of cover songs! :)

every cover song they've ever covered, I don't mean Adam Lambert's (really Pink) "what do you want from me?" :lol:
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Posts: 1,605
    If the opener is something like Gonna See my friends, I would expect a predictable, standard PJ set... However, open with something a little different like Oceans or Release Me, and it will be an unforgettable night.

Please play OCEANS! I would die a happy man... OPEN with OCEANS :)

So now it's your turn: What opener would you like in Bristow tomorrow night???

I am not going to the show but i am follwing the setlist late tonight... I agree with your first statement!!!!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09