Opener will tell the tale in Bristow

blackmagicmarkerKblackmagicmarkerK Posts: 23
edited May 2010 in The Porch
If the opener is something like Gonna See my friends, I would expect a predictable, standard PJ set... However, open with something a little different like Oceans or Release Me, and it will be an unforgettable night.

Please play OCEANS! I would die a happy man... OPEN with OCEANS :)

So now it's your turn: What opener would you like in Bristow tomorrow night???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
    Oceans please!!!!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Oceans is my PJ song of the moment. As for hearing it live, I've been to 11 shows and haven't heard it yet. OCEANSOCEANSOCEANS

Might be my favorite PJ song lyrically. (there's another thread)
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    It just better NOT be Long Road :evil: , that's all I'm sayin'!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    Yes, I really need to see Oceans. Almost 30 shows and never seen it.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Oceans was played like last week, don't count on it, my guess would be long road or gonna see my friend, maybe last exit or go.
  • tremorman10tremorman10 Posts: 59
    the opener and the weather will tell the tale...i'm still looking long road but im feeling wash right now
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    seen em open with oceans and release last week. i feel mighty privileged :mrgreen:
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

RiotZact wrote:
    Oceans was played like last week, don't count on it, my guess would be long road or gonna see my friend, maybe last exit or go.

Um, didn't I say it better NOT be Long Road?? LR must be saved for Boston! :D;)
  • PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    WASH

(please)
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Tangerine wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Yes indeed! I'm hoping against all hope for Long Road in Hartford or Boston. They already crushed me by playing Light Years in Buffalo. That's the 1 song I've missed that I want to see the most.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    Tangerine wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Yes indeed! I'm hoping against all hope for Long Road in Hartford or Boston. They already crushed me by playing Light Years in Buffalo. That's the 1 song I've missed that I want to see the most.

Haha sorry guys but look at philly last year, they do heavy (usally not so good) openers for the big name cities, not sure why but usally the smaller shows get the better openers. Pretty much every song mentioned on this thread has already been done this tour and they very rarely repeat openers so fast, I'd bet that one of my 4 that I mentioned is the opener, or someting random.
    Tangerine wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah, I've missed 3 out of the 4 openers I was hoping for this tour so my fingers, toes and eyes remain crossed for Long Road on Monday :)

I think you have a decent chance for Light Years. We were lucky enough to hear it at Philly 3 last year but unfortunately I celebrated a little too much before the show (it was also our 10 yr wedding anniversary) that a lot of that night is a blur so it'd be great to hear it one more time :D
  • Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Bristow will be my 33rd show and still no Oceans- i NEED it.
    Id love them to open with it.
    My predictions for Bristow are:
    NAIS
    Sad
    In My Tree
    Black
    and OCEANS
    Undone is the other song Im begging to hear.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    Oceans,

you don't have to stray
    two oceans away.........

Cuz you heard it in COLUMBUS!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • notradebaxxnotradebaxx Posts: 198
    Oceans would be amazing ....this will be my 30th and i have never heard it either ....fingers crossed
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
    Pearl jam and openers is so hard to predict, It's the #1 thing that I study and pay attention to and I still can't get it right, I said 15 times that it would be awesome to hear wash and it was my #1 want to hear opener, but I thought we were gonna get long road, but we got wash, I was thrilled beyond belief. I've only been to 2 shows and my opener checklist is: My favorite opener, wash. and my least favorite opener corduroy. Weird.
    Oceans would be amazing ....this will be my 30th and i have never heard it either ....fingers crossed

how bout rival ;)
  • I've seen Release as an Opener.. in DC a few years back. Lost my mind on the third note when I realized. In my tree would be nice to hear as well. But, yeah, I saw Oceans as an opener last week and was so f'n jealous.

Maybe we'll get our own kick ass opener.. time will tell.. (no long road please)
    RiotZact wrote:
    Haha sorry guys but look at philly last year, they do heavy (usally not so good) openers for the big name cities, not sure why but usally the smaller shows get the better openers. Pretty much every song mentioned on this thread has already been done this tour and they very rarely repeat openers so fast, I'd bet that one of my 4 that I mentioned is the opener, or someting random.

Not true, Release opened Boston I in '06, Wash at Camden II '06, Can't Keep in Hartford '08 and Wash at Mansfield II '08...and those were just the shows I've been to. So they don't necessarily play the heavy songs at all the "big city" shows. Long Road is still in the running for Monday night...unless they play it tomorrow or Saturday (which in some people's opinion would be a big city show).
  • SC187848SC187848 Posts: 60
    Hard to Imagine is still on the table which with Release is my favorite opener thus far.. the only opener I haven't seen is Oceans, but I would be thrilled for HTI.. I really prefer the slow opener over fast ones, it just sets the mood and lets my feelings set in before the rocking part start :P

hehe see you all in Bristow!!!
  • Beachman44Beachman44 Posts: 176
    Tangerine wrote:
    It just better NOT be Long Road :evil: , that's all I'm sayin'!

I am hoping for LONGROAD!!!
    9/29/1996, 8/28/1998, 8/29/1998, 9/8/1998, 8/25/2000, 9/1/2000, 9/2/2000, 4/28/2003, 5/03/2003, 7/5/2003, 7/6/2003, 10/01/2004, 9/19/2005, 10/1/2005, 10/3/2005, 5/27/2006, 5/28/2006, 5/30/2006, 6/26/2006, 4/15/2008. 6/19/2008, 6/20/2008, 6/22/2008, 8/16/2008, 10/28/2009, 10/30/2009, 10/31/2009, 5/13/2010, 9/3/2011, 9/4/2011, 9/2/2012, 10/21/2013, 10/22/2013, 10/27/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016, 4/28/2016, 4/29/2016, 9/2/2018, 9/18/2021, 9/14/2022, 8/31/2023, 9/2/2023, 9/3/2024, 9/7/2024
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640

oceans is the ever elusive opener...52 times and i only got it once...my very 1st show!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • serpent boyserpent boy Posts: 372
    I've been following all the openers for the past few years (see Given to Fly forum thread), and the most likely openers tomorrow are:
    1.) Why Go
    2.) Long Road
    3.) Gonna See My Friend
    4.) Small Town
    5.) Interstellar Overdrive --> Corduroy
    6.) Hard to Imagine
    7.) Last Exit or Breakerfall

However, "Of the Girl," "Sometimes," and "Oceans" will likely be repeated at some point on the tour, and I think we're more likely to get a mellow opener than a harder one.

Personally, I'm hoping for "Sometimes" or "Oceans."

---

As for songs we can expect, I think we're due for Corduroy, Daughter, Johnny Guitar, Supersonic, and RITFW, and I think they've played about 8 songs are every show this year.
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    SC187848 wrote:
    Hard to Imagine is still on the table which with Release is my favorite opener thus far.. the only opener I haven't seen is Oceans, but I would be thrilled for HTI.. I really prefer the slow opener over fast ones, it just sets the mood and lets my feelings set in before the rocking part start :P

hehe see you all in Bristow!!!

I've had HTI as a opener 4 times. In fact, i wouldn't mind hearing the song tom.(Thur.s), i just don't want it as a opener.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    either way I'm good on the opener..looking more forward to the ensuing tale
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    Tangerine wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Not true, Release opened Boston I in '06, Wash at Camden II '06, Can't Keep in Hartford '08 and Wash at Mansfield II '08...and those were just the shows I've been to. So they don't necessarily play the heavy songs at all the "big city" shows. Long Road is still in the running for Monday night...unless they play it tomorrow or Saturday (which in some people's opinion would be a big city show).

Oh yeah I agree it is but I'm saying I don't think they're gonna do one of the soft ones that theyve already done this tour, like oceans like the guy was saying. I just don't think it's likely thats all I'm saying. Long road in bosten wouldn't suprise me at all.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    I would love Sometimes.
  • GS125243GS125243 Posts: 1
    My (apparently younger) friends.

You all know that Ed keeps track of when he last was at a city/venue, and what was performed. The last time PJ played Bristow was July 1, 2003. I was there. It was an excellent show. They played NAIS. A phenomenal song, but I think it is off the list for that reason. The last DC concert (June 22, 2008 - I also was there) was blessed with Sad, so I think that is off the list too. However, Spot in the Sky, I am with you for In My Tree and Oceans.

Judging from the openers so far, two possibilities stand out for Bristow tonight - Long Road and Hard to Imagine. HtI was the opener for the June 2008, so Long Road seems like the one. If that happens, I will weep.

All of this said, my "wishlist" for tonight:

Immortality hasn't been played in DC for 12 years. I think we are due.

For the late main set cover, how about Sonic Reducer. They've never played it in DC.

Finally, with all due respect to Ed's current circumstance, how rocking would it be for them to play Satan's Bed....?!

No matter what, can't wait. I need this concert right now.

Peace.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    am i the only once who has seen Oceans and Sometimes too many times. I'd rather get Wash, Can't Keep, or Long Road
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • if they open with Release or Oceans then it will be just like every show that opens with those (which is a lot of them). I've actually not seen them open with See My Friend.
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.