PJ EMEK POSTER $85

2»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,352
    GB45499 wrote:
    II picked up the XXL 2008 tour hoodie...only 1 left. Or you could go get you a med reaper hoodie from him...artist proof.

:D

Artist proof .. hoodie? :shock:
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    I went on last night to see if I could get a poster (don't really like it, but figured it could be good collateral in case I got shut-out on Brad's sale for the AP New Orleans - I haven't been shut-out on a BK sale yet, but that NO seems to be popular and I was at the show so I MUST have it).

Anyway, I've never been involved in an actual EMEK sale before, all of his posters that I have, I have gotten second hand... and I gotta say, that was madness! I never even got a buy button... I refreshed at 11 CST, and it didn't reload until 11:05, and there were none available... I decided I wasn't going to spend an hour refreshing to see if any came back up and went to bed out of it...

Makes me realize I am going to have to be at Hartford and Boston for when the doors open and punch my way to the merch booth... you all better look out for the CRAZY HABS FAN.... :mrgreen:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
    demetrios wrote:
    Only 100 prints + hundreds of fans who want a copy + paypal purchase = crash & madness tomorrow!

was very fortunate to snag one at 21:01:20 PST...not sure how cuz im still in shock

didnt get order confirmation screen like some ppl did at 21:08 PST but i did get paypal transaction ID # receipt so i think im good to go...s/n out of 100, doodled, embossed, plus a handbill or two...not bad for $100 shipped
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    I think it's kind of funny that the guy who previously shredded the Big Wave poster to send the message that 'they're just posters people', is selling this for $85
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    demetrios wrote:
    Only 100 prints + hundreds of fans who want a copy + paypal purchase = crash & madness tomorrow!

was very fortunate to snag one at 21:01:20 PST...not sure how cuz im still in shock

didnt get order confirmation screen like some ppl did at 21:08 PST but i did get paypal transaction ID # receipt so i think im good to go...s/n out of 100, doodled, embossed, plus a handbill or two...not bad for $100 shipped

Whoa! Handbill or two? Excellent! :)

You didn't get the same screen I got back on page 2? After the sale I refreshed that page and still got that same confirmation order complete. Though if you already got the Pay Pal email, Transaction ID etc.. and no email back from EMEK that they over sold then you should be fine! :)
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 351
    I would think he sold this for $85 because he only was allotted 100 to sell, and no variants. To tell the truth, he probably could have asked for twice as much and they would have sold just as fast. I've been doing my framing for a long time at a local shop here in Eugene, and though the lady who does my framing always has nice things to say about my prints (mostly PJ, but not all), the one time I took an EMEK (Volta, Sasquatch) print in, she asked me when I started buying fine art. She's right--even the least interesting EMEK prints are pretty damn good. I got the "buy" button three times on this one, and the server crapped out on me all three times. Ah well. Hopefully better luck on the Burwell (also beautiful!)

This series of artists/posters has been fucking awesome, if you ask me.
    I think it's kind of funny that the guy who previously shredded the Big Wave poster to send the message that 'they're just posters people', is selling this for $85

you know, that is an awesome point. Never thought about it before I read your post, but you're right. $85 will definitely be the most expensive AP of the tour....

However, I must say this... I would give away my first born for an unnatural resources/big wave.... :mrgreen: .... Guess that's another good reason not to have any kids!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Handbills too! Man....

I've been hunting down some EMEK handbills lately... I've got a bunch of oddly shaped/narrow walls at my new place, and the handbills are a nice fit... I've got a handbill verison of the bee that is going into the shop soon....

If anyone wants to part with their handbills (please D???), please send me a PM... Their are a bunch I am chasing after...
    shep wrote:
    Handbills too! Man....

I've been hunting down some EMEK handbills lately... I've got a bunch of oddly shaped/narrow walls at my new place, and the handbills are a nice fit... I've got a handbill verison of the bee that is going into the shop soon....

If anyone wants to part with their handbills (please D???), please send me a PM... Their are a bunch I am chasing after...

Didn't get a hand bill for EMEK's Haiti print, but did get one with the Erykah Badu poster I got last year from EMEK. I love that print. All the material & detail in her puffy hair is amazing. Not every EMEK print you'll get a handbill.
  • Little ItalyLittle Italy Posts: 404
    gus stills wrote:
    I would think he sold this for $85 because he only was allotted 100 to sell, and no variants. To tell the truth, he probably could have asked for twice as much and they would have sold just as fast. I've been doing my framing for a long time at a local shop here in Eugene, and though the lady who does my framing always has nice things to say about my prints (mostly PJ, but not all), the one time I took an EMEK (Volta, Sasquatch) print in, she asked me when I started buying fine art. She's right--even the least interesting EMEK prints are pretty damn good. I got the "buy" button three times on this one, and the server crapped out on me all three times. Ah well. Hopefully better luck on the Burwell (also beautiful!)

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone explain to me what a variant poster is? I know what variant means but I'm just not sure how to apply it when speaing of ap's. Does it mean a copy of a signed copy?
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    gus stills wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone explain to me what a variant poster is? I know what variant means but I'm just not sure how to apply it when speaing of ap's. Does it mean a copy of a signed copy?

EMEK usually has foil variants and different ink color variants. They are very limited and sell for a lot more than a regular AP.
    demetrios wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Handbills too! Man....

Didn't get a hand bill for EMEK's Haiti print, but did get one with the Erykah Badu poster I got last year from EMEK. I love that print. All the material & detail in her puffy hair is amazing. Not every EMEK print you'll get a handbill.

so what handbill did you get? Any chance you're willing to part with it?

I didn't get one with my Haiti either...

The bee one that I have is awesome, I can't wait to get it back from the framer... I'm trying to hunt down a blue peace tree, the melvins hand of god, and the phono bird.... But open to anythig else too! I like the bone guitar too, but people want too much for that one.... And there are so many variants...
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Sale was at 5am here so no joy for me.

Ah well... If I wanted it enough I would've gotten up.

Think I got an Fairey Ali print today. Praying I don't get refunded!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Shipping confirmation already. That was fast.
    Think I got an Fairey Ali print today. Praying I don't get refunded!
    I picked one up at the show in NYC. Tried to get one for an EBer, but I was on the 50th floor so no luck for me with my crackberry. Hope you scored. 1 great print.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Whoa! Handbill or two? Excellent! :)

You didn't get the same screen I got back on page 2? After the sale I refreshed that page and still got that same confirmation order complete. Though if you already got the Pay Pal email, Transaction ID etc.. and no email back from EMEK that they over sold then you should be fine! :)

got shipping conf a few hrs ago...he's fast!! im ISO many EMEK handbills as well...usually if you pay $100 w/shipping or more for a print then you're guaranteed a HB..i didnt get one w/my haiti ($60) or DCFC ($75-$80)
    lookin for peace tree blue as well (got brown & red apples) plus bone guitar framed or velvet and many others

my collection: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/co ... hp?id=6897
    my wanted: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/wanted.php?id=6897
    my trades: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=6897
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    alright, so who's going to throw out the first offer to flip their EMEK to me? I know I'm going to have to pay...pm me if you're looking to flip it.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    I FEEL ASLEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before the sale .... EFF ME.. think it was around 11:45 :lol::lol:

who wants to sell me theirs ...i hate to say it but im willing to pay a few extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it ... PM IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SOME EXTRA CASH
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 351
    Saw on expressobeans that one sold already for $230. Damn.
  • GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    demetrios wrote:
    GB45499 wrote:
    II picked up the XXL 2008 tour hoodie...only 1 left. Or you could go get you a med reaper hoodie from him...artist proof.

:D

Artist proof .. hoodie? :shock:

I know that's what I thought...and I'm pretty sure these weren't available on the tour and I've got the shirt from the goods section last year but this hoodie is badass. Looks like he's got a coule L's on there now. Sorry this is completely off topic.

I noticed last night just before goin to bed that there were 2 s/# already on the bay at bin 230+... :cry:

I could get atleast 2 more hoodies instead. :x
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i hope they sell this print after the tour ....they are already at $150 NOT s/n on ebay
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    joe2468 wrote:
    i hope they sell this print after the tour ....they are already at $150 NOT s/n on ebay

10club will probably have alot of these to go around.
    Sweet! 8-)

EMEKPJ10.jpg

EMEKPJ10HB.jpg
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Does anyone have a S/N they want to sell/trade. I have the show edition to trade plus cash/posters if you dont care as much about having an AP.... I am framing this poster, since I sat first row.... I'd love to have the s/n version :)