Request for the band to ignore all song requests....

MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 389
edited May 2010 in The Porch
from this board which they probably do already. They get 20,0000 people at each show. I'm sure you can easily find 1,000 people or more who have their own reasons why they want to hear a certain song. A typical show has 30 songs or less. Do the math..... All of these requests threads are ridiculous. I'll gladly defer to the band to choose what songs they want to play.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    That's fine - you should also go around to elementary schools telling everyone there's no Santa/Easter Bunny/etc too while you're at it, grinch! :)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the band reads the boards and has played songs that have been requested

if you don't like it, you don't have to come here
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    drsluggo wrote:
    That's fine - you should also go around to elementary schools telling everyone there's no Santa/Easter Bunny/etc too while you're at it, grinch! :)
    :lol:
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    YEAH!!! Leave more room for those damn ISO ticket threads!!!
  • Yes, ignore all song requests, except mine! :twisted:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    the request is Mike burn his 59..after he play this
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=126360&hilit=+free+bird
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 389
    norm wrote:

Did any member of the band tell you this personally?

And if I don't like it, I can post a message expressing that I don't like it. And if you don't like it, you don't have to come here :lol:
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Lighten up! Sometimes they do requests as Eddie even announces them from the stage. The majority are ignored but it's worth asking for one. If they decided to play Freebird for intance........ that would possibly make someones lifetime and there was an emotional request here a few days ago that seemed to get recognised and played. I'm requesting the band continue to make people happy whatever they play and whoever it's for. Over. :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    norm wrote:

And if I don't like it, I can post a message expressing that I don't like it. And if you don't like it, you don't have to come here :lol:
    There are SO many times there is a thread here for something fairly obscure and it happens.

Are they always a coincidence? I guess its possible, but so unlikely. And then the other night they played Smile by request, and in WI they did Breath one year.

And besides the fact that they've done it before, its fun to post on here about songs we want to hear. What else is there to do around tour time if we can't daydream about songs we'd love to hear?
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    norm wrote:

I love you, Norm. :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    drsluggo wrote:
    norm wrote:

There are SO many times there is a thread here for something fairly obscure and it happens.

Are they always a coincidence? I guess its possible, but so unlikely. And then the other night they played Smile by request, and in WI they did Breath one year.

And besides the fact that they've done it before, its fun to post on here about songs we want to hear. What else is there to do around tour time if we can't daydream about songs we'd love to hear?

I agree to this as well, remember the HUGE push for Bugs last year on Halloween, at the Spectrum. Yeah, it got played.

I have been pushing for Fatal for a while now and what happens? They played it! They haven't played it in four years! Did they all of the sudden just remember that the song existed, or were they prodded, by something or someone?

So you may not like them, but they are fun and its much better than whining!!

Now play Fatal at MSG!! :mrgreen: (or Hartford, Boston or Newark!) :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    DId they not tease "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" in GR back in '06 after a thread on here.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • they didnt play FUK ME IN THE BRAIN at Jazzfest like i requested so fuck these assholes!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,114
    the magic we experienced with Out of My Mind played last year would have never happened without someone's request....there's no harm in a request. worst case is it goes unheard. best case is we get magical moments that live with us forever
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:

I love you, Norm. :mrgreen:
    :twisted: why norm take all the love?...must be the hat.... :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Played both requests for my boys last year... They will never forget it...

In fact they want it again...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    THEY PLAYED WASH IN CLEVELAND! I was a very happy girl... do I think it was cause of my thread... no idea. It doesn't matter... I finally heard it, I had fun in that thread for a few days, had waited 19 years to hear it and it's a song alot of people wanted to hear... SO THANK YOU PJ! :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Tone wrote:
    THEY PLAYED WASH IN CLEVELAND! I was a very happy girl... do I think it was cause of my thread... no idea. It doesn't matter... I finally heard it, I had fun in that thread for a few days, had waited 19 years to hear it and it's a song alot of people wanted to hear... SO THANK YOU PJ! :D

I honestly believe that is why they played it! Now they gotta play it again. Wash and Fatal are my top two to hear live and I may have just missed them. Time will tell.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • drsluggo wrote:
    there's no such thing as Santa & Easter Bunny? :(
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    I agree. Request threads are kind of silly.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    drsluggo wrote:

It's true, well the Easter Bunny part! :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDoC8BhtUyo
    drsluggo wrote:
    What have I done?!?!?! 8-)
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Tone wrote:

I honestly believe that is why they played it! Now they gotta play it again. Wash and Fatal are my top two to hear live and I may have just missed them. Time will tell.

I really hope they do... the next time I will hopefully not be such a wreck! :lol: I really hope we get both those songs again. Hearing WASH and FATAL soundchecked in Cleveland nearly killed me! What a way to go ;) But hearing FATAL last night was amazing... they've gotta do it again and I will support your thread! :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Tone wrote:
    Tone wrote:

I really hope they do... the next time I will hopefully not be such a wreck! :lol: I really hope we get both those songs again. Hearing WASH and FATAL soundchecked in Cleveland nearly killed me! What a way to go ;) But hearing FATAL last night was amazing... they've gotta do it again and I will support your thread! :D

Thanks! We shall see what happens. Regardless, these five shows are going to be awesome!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix