BOSTON opener (HTI)...

2»

Comments

• SmileDadSmileDad Posts: 186
    BinFrog wrote:
    SmileDad wrote:
    OK...been thinkin' bout this (A LOT!)...

What IF they were to open with Present Tense? It's slow, then builds, and builds, and then it fkn EXPLODES!

I know...I'm all over the place on this, but I'm stoked for the show! BRING IT!

Also, can you imagine opening with YL? Would completely set the tone for a bizarre setlist and show.

Thought the very same thing yesterday! But, then again I've thought about almost every scenario (ugh).

I would also love PARTING WAYS, just cuz I love that effin song so much!
    "This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06
  • Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    BinFrog wrote:
    Also, can you imagine opening with YL? Would completely set the tone for a bizarre setlist and show.
    That would basically guarantee an all-time great show!
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Hoping for (in this order):

1--Oceans (already played)
    2--Of the Girl (already played)
    3--Long Road (not played...yet!)
    4--Sometimes (already played)

And if we're hoping beyond hope I'll throw the impossibles out there, although they can be played at any time during the set if the band sees fit...and should probably not be played for the opening song as to make room for any of the aforementioned songs seeing if those aren't played in the #1 slot then there is a .002% chance they'll be played at all (even though there's a .0000001% chance the songs below will be played at all) :D

Angel
    Just a Girl
    Dirty Frank
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • LCLC Posts: 278
    The only certainty is that 'Down' will be the 6th song played.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    cumm29 wrote:
    The only certainty is that 'Down' will be the 6th song played.

Really? Why is that?
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I'm sorry, I really don't like YL as an opener. Any of the standard openers would be great. I haven't heard Of the Girl in a long time, so I'm hoping that opens at least one of the next 3 shows.
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    there are many friends that have attended shows with me that can confirm that I have an uncanny ability to predict openers. That being said, the official simpleman prediction for monday, may 17th in boston, will be.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................wait for it........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................this may surprise you................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................the math is in.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................it will in fact be....................LONG ROAD.

thank you
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • shellsbellsshellsbells Posts: 19
    So hoping for LBC or NAIS. My first Pearl Jam live song was HTI (Mansfield I '08)...what a way to start off.
  • Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
    I know this is probably what anybody wouldn't have in their mind but to imagine a show in Boston that opens with Hold On. Oh the possibilities after this song is opened with.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense