BOSTON opener (HTI)...

SmileDadSmileDad Posts: 186
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Wouldn't HARD TO IMAGINE be so effing sweet as an opener to what is sure to be one of THE BEST shows of the year?!

I can't wait 'til MONDAY NIGHT!

Please bump if you're with me on this. Thanks!
"This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Oddly enough that's one of the few openers I am not pulling for...I saw it in '98 and then not again until '08 where I saw it open twice.

I'm pulling for something like Oceans or Sometimes.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • SmileDadSmileDad Posts: 186
    Funny...but I saw both Oceans and Sometimes as openers (both are AMAZING). The one local show I missed due to a wedding (grrrrrrrrrrrr!) and they open w/Hard To Imagine.

Those are da breaks, eh?
    "This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Loved it as the opener in Mansfield '08. What a beautiful song and a perfect opener. I wouldn't complain about hearing it again. Although I also wouldn't mind one of the openers I haven't seen in 11 shows - Oceans, Long Road, Sometimes, or Wash.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    Loved it as the opener in Mansfield '08. What a beautiful song and a perfect opener. I wouldn't complain about hearing it again. Although I also wouldn't mind one of the openers I haven't seen in 11 shows - Oceans, Long Road, Sometimes, or Wash.

Yah! Saw WASH open once too.... Out of body experience for sure. I'm good with any of those!

Bring on Monday niiiiiiight!
  • PaulMacPaulMac Posts: 54
    Is Shae going with you on Monday (love that story)? My son is a little too young, but he knows his daddy loves Pearl Jam.
    My first PJ show was opened with Release...that one always stands out to me. HTI would be great.
    I too am on the NH/MA border. Can't wait for Monday!
    "just be darling, and I will be too"
    10/25/13 - H, CT
    10/15/13 - W, MA
    06/16/11 - B, MA (E.V.)
    05/17/10 - B, MA
    05/15/10 - H, CT
    06/09/09 - A, NY (E.V.)
    08/01/08 - B, MA (E.V.)
    06/30/08 - M, MA
    05/25/08 - B, MA
    08/30/00 - M, MA
  • I saw them open with Hard to Imagine at Bonnaroo in 2008, which was also my first PJ show. It was amazing.....Cannot wait till Monday night!!!!
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    I've had HTI as an opener a couple of times...but have yet to get Release. So..deep down that is what I am hoping for. That said...a rocking opener like Why Go might suit me just as well! ;-)

Less than a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Why Go is awesome live ....would be another good opening song. This week is going to drag.....counting the minutes.

Bonnoroo 2008 Boston 2010
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I wouldn't mind it.

What's left for "slow" openers? Long Road?

I'm sure they'll go with Release again at some point, and maybe even repeat Sometimes or Of the Girl. But I would take HTI over a more upbeat song. I love the slow openers.
    SmileDad wrote:
    Funny...but I saw both Oceans and Sometimes as openers (both are AMAZING). The one local show I missed due to a wedding (grrrrrrrrrrrr!) and they open w/Hard To Imagine.

Those are da breaks, eh?

I hear ya. I've seen tons of openers (Sometimes and Oceans included), but I think HTI twice in '08 burnt me out a little. Then again if they do open with it, I'll be grooving along as usual I'm sure.
    I think the openers I have seen are:

Release
    Long Road
    Of The Girl
    Sometimes
    Why Go
    Gonna See My Friend
    I Am Mine
    Elderly Woman
    Hard To Imagine
    Corduroy
    Love Boat Captain
    Can't Keep
    Breakerfall
    Oceans
    Crazy Mary
    Go
    Wash
    Wasted Reprise
    Severed Hand

That'd be a hell of a setlist in and of itself!
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    I would really love Long Road. Boston will be my 17th show and I have yet to see a Long Road opener.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I too want long road. Also my 17th show and I've yet to see it and its in my top three
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    LONG ROAD it is then!!! Seriously, I'd be good with that!
    PaulMac wrote:
    Is Shae going with you on Monday (love that story)? My son is a little too young, but he knows his daddy loves Pearl Jam.
    My first PJ show was opened with Release...that one always stands out to me. HTI would be great.
    I too am on the NH/MA border. Can't wait for Monday!

Hey... SHAE is going w/me Monday night! She's looking forward to seeing her friend "EDDIE" again.!

WooHooo!
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Posts: 1,605
    It will be my 18th show.... I saw Long Road in Chi town last year..... I've seen Release a bunch, got wash and HtI in 08..... strangely enough, of the 17 times ive seen pj only seen y led close 9times! Those are pretty good odds!

For an opener I'd live to see Of The Girl OR Sometimes!!! :mrgreen:
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    EBowie wrote:
    I would really love Long Road. Boston will be my 17th show and I have yet to see a Long Road opener.

yeah..i want long road too......Bostons my 17th show and I still havent got it either.
  • AO JammaAO Jamma Posts: 53
    Boston will be my 20th show. I'd to hear "Unthought Known" or LBC as the opener.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    "Down" will be the opening song for the Boston show. You heard it here first! 8-)
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • SmileDad wrote:
    LONG ROAD it is then!!! Seriously, I'd be good with that!

word!! long road to open would be fucking amazing!!
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    If they open with something slow, I hope it will be Release. However, my preference would be for something faster.....Severed Hand would be PERFECT! Monday can't come soon enough.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Crown of Thorns ;)
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i'm pulling for long road in boston.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Hadn't thought much about it... loved hearing them open with "Wash" but "Long Road" would be sweet...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RebekahRebekah Posts: 44
    I know I've seen Release and Severed Hand as openers- both WICKED AWESOME, I think my votes for WASH as I've never seen it one way or another. And since we only get ONE Boston show this time around (btw, WTF?!?!) , it'd be nice to see something epic.
    Caught a bolt of lightening...cursed the day he let it go....
    OK...been thinkin' bout this (A LOT!)...

What IF they were to open with Present Tense? It's slow, then builds, and builds, and then it fkn EXPLODES!

I know...I'm all over the place on this, but I'm stoked for the show! BRING IT!
    Have they EVER opened with PT?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    SmileDad wrote:

Atlantic City 2005
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    SmileDad wrote:

Atlantic City 2005

Sweet. Must've killed...
    SmileDad wrote:
    OK...been thinkin' bout this (A LOT!)...

What IF they were to open with Present Tense? It's slow, then builds, and builds, and then it fkn EXPLODES!

I know...I'm all over the place on this, but I'm stoked for the show! BRING IT!

Also, can you imagine opening with YL? Would completely set the tone for a bizarre setlist and show.