Dublin to Belfast

2»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049

yeah been on there, not available for reservations on the 22nd June
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    pdalowsky wrote:

We're booking 23rd. Connolly is pretty central

If you click on the map and zoom out a couple of times you'll see O'Connell Street

http://www.visitdublin.com/travel/getti ... 3&mid=1547
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Which Jurys are you staying in Paul? If it's the Customs House, then Connolly Station is right beside you on Amiens St.

http://dublinhotels.jurysinns.com/jurys ... mhouse/MAP
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    edited May 2010
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Save yourself the hassle. Get the bus. On the hour, every hour 24 hours a day. Just show up at the bus station and pay on the bus.

ok the train takes 2 hr 25 mins from dublin city to belfast...or 2 hrs from a place called dublin connolly?

a couple of Q's....how would I get to this connolly place if Im staying near the venue at the jurys inn - is it gonna be a ball ache and would you advise if going by train to make our way to the city centre station? I ask because my little family are coming along and i wanted to make it as easy as possible....19 month olds dont always function how we would like them to :D

or if we go by bus, how long does this take....naturally I'm looking for the shortest way possibkle....

and why is that website so hideously useless??? it also tells me no reservations....D if you can make that thing work kudos to you

How very odd! Dublin Connolly is Dublin City - it's the central station if you're going north or west. So where that extra 25 mins is coming from is beyond me.

Which Jury's are you staying in? If it's the Customs House, you can walk to Connolly in about 2 minutes.

Oh, and the bus takes 2:35. Not much less than the train for a fucklot less money.
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    How very odd! Dublin Connolly is Dublin City - it's the central station if you're going north or west. So where that extra 25 mins is coming from is beyond me.

Which Jury's are you staying in? If it's the Customs House, you can walk to Connolly in about 2 minutes.
    im in Anchor Guesthouse,so as i see in google map im close :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    chime wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

We're booking 23rd. Connolly is pretty central

If you click on the map and zoom out a couple of times you'll see O'Connell Street

http://www.visitdublin.com/travel/getti ... 3&mid=1547

oops, yep 23rd is what I thought i had typed, i think i need to start using the Pc and not the phone!!

he he
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Save yourself the hassle. Get the bus. On the hour, every hour 24 hours a day. Just show up at the bus station and pay on the bus.

ok the train takes 2 hr 25 mins from dublin city to belfast...or 2 hrs from a place called dublin connolly?

a couple of Q's....how would I get to this connolly place if Im staying near the venue at the jurys inn - is it gonna be a ball ache and would you advise if going by train to make our way to the city centre station? I ask because my little family are coming along and i wanted to make it as easy as possible....19 month olds dont always function how we would like them to :D

or if we go by bus, how long does this take....naturally I'm looking for the shortest way possibkle....

and why is that website so hideously useless??? it also tells me no reservations....D if you can make that thing work kudos to you

Oh, and the bus takes 2:35. Not much less than the train for a fucklot less money.

yeah that it is strange,

im staying in customs house i think - the one nearest to the venue. was originally staying in temple bar in a cheapy but thw wife vetoed it after cleverly reading tripadvisor....

so the bus is less than 18 euro? im just thinking the train as it'll occupy my little guy and allow him to wander around freely.....
    Dublin City Centre
    Belfast Central
    23/06
    10:25
    13:15

Dublin City Centre
    Dublin Connolly
    10:50
    Bus/Luas

Dublin Connolly
    Belfast Central
    11:00
    InterCity

make any sense of this? are they suggesting a bus to the station? Jesus christ believe it or not I have a law degree, and the irish travel system has me totally floored. Thick Yorkshire twat :lol:
    Dude are you on the Irish Rail website? I just went through it, and could book two adults and a nipper on the Dublin Connolly to Belfast Central train, leaving at 11am and arriving at 13.15, for E45 all in.
    Ignore Dublin City Centre

You want Dublin Connolly ;)
    Kinsey wrote:
    Dude are you on the Irish Rail website? I just went through it, and could book two adults and a nipper on the Dublin Connolly to Belfast Central train, leaving at 11am and arriving at 13.15, for E45 all in.

yup......i'll retry it!!!
    i get at the bottom of all the times.....RESERVATIONS NOT AVAILABLE>...

i think me needs to pick up the phone!!
    As Chime said, ignore the Dublin City Centre option (I think that means Heuston Station, which is the far side of the city and linked to Connolly by the Luas).

If you get them on the phone, Connolly is what you want!
    edited May 2010
    pdalowsky wrote:
    i get at the bottom of all the times.....RESERVATIONS NOT AVAILABLE>...

i think me needs to pick up the phone!!

Well I just tried and you don't need a child ticket as under 5s travel free ;)

There are 2 sets of 2 seats left in the carriage ... so may be time to pick up the phone if you can't make it work!
    Post edited by chime on
    you know dude, you just helped me big time...

the problem has been using city centre as the start place as that involves a bus making reservations unavailable....

changing it to connolly works a treat

Thanks a lot.
    Kinsey wrote:
    As Chime said, ignore the Dublin City Centre option (I think that means Heuston Station, which is the far side of the city and linked to Connolly by the Luas).

If you get them on the phone, Connolly is what you want!

thanks guys, excuse the retard here!!! ;);)
    Phew! Glad we got that one sorted :mrgreen:
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Dublin City Centre
    Belfast Central
    23/06

Dublin City Centre
    Dublin Connolly
    10:50
    Bus/Luas

Dublin Connolly
    Belfast Central
    11:00
    InterCity

make any sense of this? are they suggesting a bus to the station? Jesus christ believe it or not I have a law degree, and the irish travel system has me totally floored. Thick Yorkshire twat :lol:

Haha... just don't try to navigate the bus service's website - the most useless website in cyberspace.
    I think what the times mean is that if you are in Dublin city centre (eg. O'Connell street) you can take Luas to Connolly and it's factoring in the time for that.

EDIT: Actually Kinsey's got it right. That's the Luas time from Heuston to Connolly
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • whitesidewhiteside Posts: 85
    if you book the 13.20 train it's only €10 (instead of €18), gets in at 15.35. Irish Rail offer cheaper fares for certain times, so if 13.20 is okay for you then you'll save a few quid.
    Slane - Jul 10, 1993
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    M.E.N. Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The 02 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    whiteside wrote:
    if you book the 13.20 train it's only €10 (instead of €18), gets in at 15.35. Irish Rail offer cheaper fares for certain times, so if 13.20 is okay for you then you'll save a few quid.
    man we are old,we will be up from 6 am..can wait so many hours.. :lol:
  • whitesidewhiteside Posts: 85
    no worries Dimitris, maybe some of the late risers can take advantage. :)
    Slane - Jul 10, 1993
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    M.E.N. Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The 02 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    whiteside wrote:
    man we are old,we will be up from 6 am..can wait so many hours.. :lol:

i doubt you'll be in bed by 6 never mind up and about!!!
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    no more 18 euro rail tickets to Belfast at 9:35 and 11:00. Does it mean there are no 2nd class tickets at all for these trains or only web tickets are out? I mean we wouldn't like to pay 53 euros for a 2 hour ride...

and by the way how and where the hell can we buy coach tickets online from Busaras to Belfast? 'cos http://www.buseireann.ie does not offer reservation for these tickets...I just wanna make sure there will be tickets in our hands before the day of departure...
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    Ricsard wrote:
    no more 18 euro rail tickets to Belfast at 9:35 and 11:00. Does it mean there are no 2nd class tickets at all for these trains or only web tickets are out? I mean we wouldn't like to pay 53 euros for a 2 hour ride...

and by the way how and where the hell can we buy coach tickets online from Busaras to Belfast? 'cos http://www.buseireann.ie does not offer reservation for these tickets...I just wanna make sure there will be tickets in our hands before the day of departure...
    its the cheap tickets,A+B carrige are 53 euros,now option is 13:20,or 7:35
  • KimbaKimba Posts: 54
    I'm driving if you still need a ride
    "We were but stones, your light made us stars"
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Kimba wrote:
    I'm driving if you still need a ride

THANKS!
    There would be the two or 3 of us so I have to ask the others before I am sending you a PM. But please keep your offer for us if it is possible. How many seats would be available?

(Oh, and I still have 1 spare 10c ticket to Hyde Park with early entry at face value....to sell)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Is it possible to book a return ticket to Dublin on the internet? When I try to book a Belfast - Dublin ticket I got this message "You cannot make a booking that originates in Northern Ireland. Please contact Translink on 028 9089 9409 to book a ticket."
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    Is it possible to book a return ticket to Dublin on the internet? When I try to book a Belfast - Dublin ticket I got this message "You cannot make a booking that originates in Northern Ireland. Please contact Translink on 028 9089 9409 to book a ticket."
    in this link not.some try it too but they couldnt.i dont know why
  • deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Is it possible to book a return ticket to Dublin on the internet? When I try to book a Belfast - Dublin ticket I got this message "You cannot make a booking that originates in Northern Ireland. Please contact Translink on 028 9089 9409 to book a ticket."

I booked return ticket for the trip to Belfast. Don't know if you can book a single from Belfast to Dublin though...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...