Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678

mrussel1 said:

TRIBE BABY!!!!

Wow! What a year in Cleveland. Here's the thing, and I mean no offense to Toronto fans who are great... but in Cleveland, we are used to hating EVERYONE, they are all responsible for our misery. I hate the Broncos, the Steelers, Ravens, Tigers, Marlins, Braves, the list goes on and on.
    But maybe, after today, Toronto really hates Cleveland. After the Cavs beat the Raptors and now the Tribe... could it be that someone hates us?? That would be so great!

Toronto fans are great? Same people that threw a bottle at dude's head and showered the field with trash?

Go back to your igloos, Canada
    One dude... I don't generally have a problem with them. They cheered Bauer when he came out with his finger.
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Browns need to step it up :lol:

to make it sweeter, cliffy, bautista most likely ends his toronto career with a loss....on his birthday.

That's awesome. Fuck that dude
    How about fucking Lucroy? Vetoed our trade, went to the Rangers. Oh and btw, you can't give too much credit to Roberto Perez and the way he handles the staff.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Lucroys rationale was justified imo. He will be playing for his best chance to cash in next season. The indians indicated that yan gomes would be the everyday catcher. Would have cost him tons...

And perez has been a rock. No coincidence he is the common denominator through all these great pitching performances
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

TRIBE BABY!!!!

Wow! What a year in Cleveland. Here's the thing, and I mean no offense to Toronto fans who are great... but in Cleveland, we are used to hating EVERYONE, they are all responsible for our misery. I hate the Broncos, the Steelers, Ravens, Tigers, Marlins, Braves, the list goes on and on.
    But maybe, after today, Toronto really hates Cleveland. After the Cavs beat the Raptors and now the Tribe... could it be that someone hates us?? That would be so great!

Toronto fans are great? Same people that threw a bottle at dude's head and showered the field with trash?

One dude... I don't generally have a problem with them. They cheered Bauer when he came out with his finger.
    I think they are terrible fans. Have been to probably a dozen stadiums and the generally the most drunk and obnoxious ones I have experienced are in Toronto. I live in philly now too, so that's saying something. Multiple games in Toronto too, so not a one time experience

Was more than a few people throwing shit last year.

One game I was at they went nuts when an ump took a foul ball (or I think a broken bat) and broke his leg. Was 15 rows behind home plate. Dude was down for 15 minutes and they are giving it to him

I took it as them cheering that Bauer was out rather than cheering for him, but that could have been my bias against them
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

TRIBE BABY!!!!

I think they are terrible fans. Have been to probably a dozen stadiums and the generally the most drunk and obnoxious ones I have experienced are in Toronto. I live in philly now too, so that's saying something. Multiple games in Toronto too, so not a one time experience

Was more than a few people throwing shit last year.

One game I was at they went nuts when an ump took a foul ball (or I think a broken bat) and broke his leg. Was 15 rows behind home plate. Dude was down for 15 minutes and they are giving it to him

I took it as them cheering that Bauer was out rather than cheering for him, but that could have been my bias against them
    I've been to a few Blue Jays games and a Leafs, so I'm not a grizzled veteran, but I haven't had issues. If you are saying they are worse than Philly, well that's saying something.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Lucroys rationale was justified imo. He will be playing for his best chance to cash in next season. The indians indicated that yan gomes would be the everyday catcher. Would have cost him tons...

And perez has been a rock. No coincidence he is the common denominator through all these great pitching performances

Yeah I know he thinks it would have cost him money, but that's a little perplexing for a few reasons. 1. Everyone knows he can catch, so if I'm a GM looking to make a deal, it's not like it's a mystery. 2. The sooner he moves away from catcher, the longer his career will be.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    not sure if the cubs or dodgers can beat the Indians.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    God bless Cleveland. Taking down the rest of the al east
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    I hate the d**gers, but I may hate lackey more....if that's possible.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I hate Lackey too. Seems like a total dick.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    That's enough runs Cubs. Save some for games 5 and 6
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

mrussel1 said:

TRIBE BABY!!!!

You know, I'm starting to think you may actually be slightly racist. Dare I say it, but I think you may even use the racial slur Snow [word that would probably get me instantly banned if I actually posted it] towards my people.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

mrussel1 said:

TRIBE BABY!!!!

You know, I'm starting to think you may actually be slightly racist. Dare I say it, but I think you may even use the racial slur Snow [word that would probably get me instantly banned if I actually posted it] towards my people.
    Huh? Racial word for snow? I love Canada, I kid, though I stick by my comment on Jays fans.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

I hate Lackey too. Seems like a total dick.
    Lackey is a dik..butt i loved it went he got on Contreras for catcher interference..2nd time this post season
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I scored a Game 1 Ticket!
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

TRIBE BABY!!!!

he's not :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I LOVE watching Major League Baseball. Been watching for a 30 solid years. With that said this game has a serious pace of play problem. These games are routinely going 4 hours. It's getting to the point where drastic measures need to be considered. If someone like me is tuning out I can only imagine kids or anyone who's not a hardcore fan. Games need to return to the 3 hour range, not pushing their way to 4.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options

I LOVE watching Major League Baseball. Been watching for a 30 solid years. With that said this game has a serious pace of play problem. These games are routinely going 4 hours. It's getting to the point where drastic measures need to be considered. If someone like me is tuning out I can only imagine kids or anyone who's not a hardcore fan. Games need to return to the 3 hour range, not pushing their way to 4.

agree....but, I swear to god, football seems even slower with all the penalities and TV timeouts.

I did notice, while watching, that the final indians-jays game concluded in about 2:45.

if you're really, really old like me, you remember games that were closer to TWO hours :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Doesn't it seem like it's been the NL games this post season? The AL games all moved at a brisk pace.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    The game last night took forever...dude was taking 30 sec between pitches
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    Wma31394 said:

The game last night took forever...dude was taking 30 sec between pitches

that dude is a human rain delay. my god throw a damn pitch already.

the visits to the mound and the pitching changes in the playoffs make these games drag on forever. i think some of these managers get freaked out to leave their starters in longer in the playoffs. doesn't help they don't start until after 8:00 in the East.

replays get annoying too BUT one thing replays have done is eliminate manager's coming out to argue with the umps. you just don't se that happen anymore.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

The dodgers can't, the cubs certainly can.

The cubs pitching is far answer away the best of the 3 teams remaining.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Until you get to the pen.. then it's Miller time and it's lights out.
  • Options
    norm said:

Wobbie said:

pjhawks said:

never liked the idea of walking guys intentionally especially to load the bases. that was a blast by Montero. Nice effort by the Cubs after giving up the lead. would have been a disaster to lose that game and have to face Kershaw tonight. Haven't seen much of Cleveland but impressive pitching to hold Toronto down so far.

kershaw's not so tough....he got a two out save the other night....big deal; one guy was wilmer difo....he still hasn't showed any real dominance in the postseason.
    it's so damn cute how you continue to try to understand sports. keep at little buddy, you'll get it one day.
    it's so damn cute how d**ger fans continue to think kershaw can be bumgarner in the postseason.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

looks like we shall see since Cubs are in command so far (still early though).

Well if it is Cubs/Indians at least someone's losing streak will finally come to an end.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited October 2016

looks like we shall see since Cubs are in command so far (still early though).

Well if it is Cubs/Indians at least someone's losing streak will finally come to an end.
    Miller is having a great run. But he can't pitch innings 5-9 for 7 games. And the cubs will get to Clevelands pen early and often.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Tribe in 5
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?