Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Maybe Toronto should consider only selling beer in plastic cups instead of aluminum projectiles. It's not like this is the first time this has happened.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766
    I still can't believe Buck didn't bring in Britton. I'd be furious if I were an Orioles fan. Just awful.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,512
    It's one of those tough decisions. What happens after Britton comes in and pitches his 2 innings and the game is still tied. You lose your best pitcher if you take the lead And eventually lose
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

It's one of those tough decisions. What happens after Britton comes in and pitches his 2 innings and the game is still tied. You lose your best pitcher if you take the lead And eventually lose

It's a 1 game playoff. You bring in your best pitcher to extend the game as much as possible. Instead, they lose the game without their best pitcher having been out there.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261
    igotid88 said:

i agree it's a tougher decision than people are saying today. I think not using him before the 11th was fine. if you bring him in after the first hit against Jiminez then you are using 3 pitchers in that inning and severely limiting yourself after that if you get out of that inning. with the big guns coming up that inning probably should have used him in the 11th but i can least in a very small way see why he didn't. he gambled and lost.
  • Options
    if they fire Buck because of that then that's good for the Yankees. 1 team that would get worse in the east
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,588
    it was a shame to see jimenez give it away after the stellar work of the rest of the bullpen :angry:

looking forward to bautusta's first slide into 2nd :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Toronto Sun is offering $1000 for a lead to the beer can thrower. The mayor and cops have ordered him to turn himself in. Looks like they are going to make an example of this chap.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261
    Jason P said:

Toronto Sun is offering $1000 for a lead to the beer can thrower. The mayor and cops have ordered him to turn himself in. Looks like they are going to make an example of this chap.

wait the people sitting near him didn't turn the guy in to security? no one pointed to him? how is it possible they didn't get him right then and there?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

wait the people sitting near him didn't turn the guy in to security? no one pointed to him? how is it possible they didn't get him right then and there?
    he supposedly took off.....I also heard PD tweeted "we know who you are." I think you could identify him from TV frames....you could see right where the can/bottle came from.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,352
    'Go Blue Jays!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    My guess is unless he turns himself in or someone else turns him in nothing will come of it...the police in Canada's largest city probably have better things to do than track down a drunk idiot.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    lukin2006 said:

My guess is unless he turns himself in or someone else turns him in nothing will come of it...the police in Canada's largest city probably have better things to do than track down a drunk idiot.

or not

• Options
    at the pace Bum is pitching. he could go 14
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    norm said:

lukin2006 said:

or not

Well hopefully they get the guy...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Buck was right
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I wonder if Collins brought in Familia early because of the heat Buck got last night?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,508
    igotid88 said:

I wonder if Collins brought in Familia early because of the heat Buck got last night?

I don't think that. I think Collins brought Familia in because you can't get a save when your the Home team. You know, book-mangements. Just like Showalter did last night. He went by the Book and it cost him. Yeah, it's a tough decision, but i can't lose that game without bringing Britton who was his best pitcher. What i don't understand why he didn't bring Britton in, after i heard about this, he did bring Britton into a tied game AT Toronto in July for 2 innings, but he didn't bring him last night? Like i said, it was a tough decision. I just know if i'm gonna lose i'm gonna lose with my best.
  • Options
    y'all won't believe me, but i called gillespie as this year's ross or scutaro...connor was 7 for 14 with 6 RBI on the giant's last home stand.

had nunez been healthy, connor wouldn't have played.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

If his ID is correct, it turns out the guy works for the company that owns the Toronto Sun, who ironically offered the $1K bounty.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

If his ID is correct, it turns out the guy works for the company that owns the Toronto Sun, who ironically offered the $1K bounty.
    Haha, that's freakin awesome!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

y'all won't believe me, but i called gillespie as this year's ross or scutaro...connor was 7 for 14 with 6 RBI on the giant's last home stand.

had nunez been healthy, connor wouldn't have played.

Connor fucking Gillaspie....sucked for the white sox for 3 years and now he's hitting game winning home runs in the wild card game. Good for him.
  • Options
    Mendoza is awful to listen to. And it's not because she's a woman....I just think she's a shitty announcer. She barely talks and when she does chime in, it just sounds so awkward and unnatural.
  • Options

Mendoza is awful to listen to. And it's not because she's a woman....I just think she's a shitty announcer. She barely talks and when she does chime in, it just sounds so awkward and unnatural.

I'll take her over Schilling any fucking day of the week.

ball and strike calls were unilaterally shitty in the NL WC game and in this toronto boat race the korean(?) dude on the rangers got rung up on a ball 6 inches off the plate.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    Now there is a fucking manager. Using your best reliever in the biggest situation
  • Options

Now there is a fucking manager. Using your best reliever in the biggest situation

my pal cliffy! pedroia could learn something about beards from these cleveland guys, huh?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Imagine that!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    Wobbie said:

my pal cliffy! pedroia could learn something about beards from these cleveland guys, huh?
    Looks like he learned something about crying from Ortiz
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Great game last night! Both teams making it rain in right field! Back-to-back-to-back off Porcello, are you kidding me?! Some great defensive plays on both sides, though I think overturning that safe call on Chisenhall in the 2nd was bull.