MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• DewieCox said:

Man, Maddon is a little bitch. Rizzo, who crowds the plate and leads the league in hbp's, gets grazed after they put one on Hollidays ear hole and he whines about it? Sorry, but that deserved some retaliation.

And you guys are wrong about the slide. Kang and the Pirates are taking it well, but that slide was bush league.

Maddon doesn't give a fuck that rizzo got hit. He was sending a message to the cardinals. A team that is looking more and more like they will be playing in the wild card card game, that they are not going to be able to push the cubs around. Plus Holiday was hit unintentionally. No need for a retaliation there.

And if you give me 10 minutes, I'll post 1000 videos of the exact same slide that is done in the majors every day. It was 100% clean.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Likely that that they'll meet in the playoffs, but 5 game lead with 2 weeks to go? I like our chances.

Intentional or not, that deserved retaliation. If you polled every major leaguer, they'd say the same thing.

I'd like to see these 1000 videos, and I bet only a few looks as bad as Coglan's
    The second is pretty comparable, and if the Reds player doesn't abandon the dp that's a dirty slide.

The first, the guy slides way early and gives plenty of time for a reaction.

Coghlan slide late, out of the baseline, with his knee up.
  • DewieCox said:

The second is pretty comparable, and if the Reds player doesn't abandon the dp that's a dirty slide.

The first, the guy slides way early and gives plenty of time for a reaction.

Coghlan slide late, out of the baseline, with his knee up.

I could certainly post more videos, but I think you get my point.

You think it was late? I did not. And even though his knee is up (most players knee is up to protect themselves from the ss or 2nd baseman from landing on them) his cleats were pointed towards right field and away from Kang.

Do you really think that this type of slide isn't used daily in baseball?

You should like your chances, but your lead was 9 games a week and a half ago. Let's say the cubs take 2 of 3 from the cards. Do you still like your chances? It won't take much for them to be playing in the wild card game against either the cubs or the Pirates.
    Yeah I do. Only gaining one game this weekend....and the Cards have proven postseason pitching throughout the staff.

Cards are gonna get Holliday and Grichuk back in the lineup over the next couple weeks and the days off that got them into this pickle are starting to pay off. Martinez was ridiculous his last outing. For all the hoopla that Maddon gets he hasn't proven much in the postseason.
  • Yeah, the ball grazed his uniform, but the pitch was thrown BEHIND him. That is intent to the highest degree. Not only that it was the 2nd time in the same game they went after him. And the Holliday hbp was a fastball that got away. That was not intentional one bit. No one targets the head (well, maybe Eric Show does). What reason would he have to do so that early in the game anyway??? Maddon isnt a bitch. The fucking Cardinals who can't handle getting their asses kicked on the field are little bitches.

And no one is wrong about the slide but you. The Holliday-Scutaro slide? Are you fucking kidding?? You have to be. You really cannot be serious by comparing that to Coghlan's. Holliday didn't even start to slide until he was 2 feet from the bag, then slid his entire body clear across the bag onto the left side of the infield. Jesus man. Not even close to the same thing.
    I never said it was intentional, but 30 out of 30 teams are gonna retaliate when their best player takes one to the helmet. The Cubs knew it was coming and the The pitch to Rizzo wasn't dangerous and he gets hit plenty.

The Cards have clinched the season series, a 5 game lead with 2 weeks to go and 11 world titles. When was this so called ass kicking?

I just don't think it was a clean slide. Hard baseball, no question, and sometimes the boundaries get pushed, but the totality of that slide falls on the dirty side to me. Not saying there was intent, but I'd say it parallels with Holliday's quite a bit. 2 players getting hung up in the moment to me. Plenty of people agree with me.
  • The ass kicking was yesterday's game. And fine, hit him once. But they went after him twice. That's minor league.
  • 11 world series doesn't do shit when your team is playing as bad as the cardinals are right now. Plus, your staff ace, lance Lynn, is 0-3 vs the cubs this year with an astounding 7.64 era. You better hope the cards win the division. Because if they have to play the cubs in a one game playoff, cards fans should be worried.

And 5 games can be erased real quick with a 7 games losing streak.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Yeah, the ball grazed his uniform, but the pitch was thrown BEHIND him. That is intent to the highest degree. Not only that it was the 2nd time in the same game they went after him. And the Holliday hbp was a fastball that got away. That was not intentional one bit. No one targets the head (well, maybe Eric Show does). What reason would he have to do so that early in the game anyway??? Maddon isnt a bitch. The fucking Cardinals who can't handle getting their asses kicked on the field are little bitches.

And no one is wrong about the slide but you. The Holliday-Scutaro slide? Are you fucking kidding?? You have to be. You really cannot be serious by comparing that to Coghlan's. Holliday didn't even start to slide until he was 2 feet from the bag, then slid his entire body clear across the bag onto the left side of the infield. Jesus man. Not even close to the same thing.

Agreed. Asking a cards fan to be rational is a waste of everyones time. Only one team consistantly pulls this self righteous bs, the cards. It's a shame an organization that provided us with classy baseball icons like Stan the Man and The Wizzard stoops to such lows. The culture changed when they hired larussa for the worse, and matheny is going down the same dirty road.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    HBP right there was not intenional. Up 4 1 in 6th we arent gonna give a free pass. Matheny will throw at us today or tomorow though guananteed.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    What are you talking about? I'll admit Larussa was an ass clown at times, but they havent done anything beyond what every other team does. And if you ask me, if there's one person that Maddon sounded like yesterday in the post game it was Larussa.

The whole Cardinal way thing has been blown so far out of proportion By fans of teams that have been on the wrong side of a rivalry. First time I remember hearing this crap was around the time Brandon Phillips got a Twitter page Johnny Cueto was earning his black belt in backstop-Kwan-do.

• DewieCox said:

What are you talking about? I'll admit Larussa was an ass clown at times, but they havent done anything beyond what every other team does. And if you ask me, if there's one person that Maddon sounded like yesterday in the post game it was Larussa.

The whole Cardinal way thing has been blown so far out of proportion By fans of teams that have been on the wrong side of a rivalry. First time I remember hearing this crap was around the time Brandon Phillips got a Twitter page Johnny Cueto was earning his black belt in backstop-Kwan-do.

Dude, you're in such denial.
    What a play by Addison Russell. Wow! Thanks Oakland!!!
    Bastard!!!!..thought the Cards had that one.
  • Hmm, 5 games back. The cards have lost 2 in a row and are 5-5 in their last 10. Time to start sweating...
    Nope
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    DewieCox said:

Compare it to Hollidays slide into Scutaro from a couple years ago in the playoffs that put everybody in a tizzy.

holliday's slide was completely dirty.......but we forgive his god squadder ass since it caused Scutaro and the Giants to get serious about putting a beating on your boys.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    This chick on Sunday night baseball is good
    imalive said:

Five different Giants pitchers have hit a total of 13 HRs.

fuck the DH!!!!

Tanaka getting hurt doing something he isn't paid to do...yay strategy!!! You're like 465638 years old and as is your preferred way of baseball
    This chick is the best thing to happen to the Sunday night baseball broadcast.

imalive said:

fuck the DH!!!!

Tanaka getting hurt doing something he isn't paid to do...yay strategy!!! You're like 465638 years old and as is your preferred way of baseball
    pitchers who can't hit and/or run are fucking pussies with no dignity.

you realize pitchers hit back in yogi's day, right?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

fuck the DH!!!!

pitchers who can't hit and/or run are fucking pussies with no dignity.

you realize pitchers hit back in yogi's day, right?
    Thing is, it's not back in yogi's day.

Last thing I have any interest in doing is getting back into this argument. Was drunk and pissed when tanaka got hurt.
    gotcha.

cool that dumbass billy beane finally decided it might be a good idea for his last place A's to start zito vs. hudson.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

He outdid himself this time. :bow:
    fuck the LA angels of anaheim.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    With KC playing like a derailed freight train. Jays win the AL by the end of the Orioles series. Then go on to crush any and every team that gets in the way of their inevitable championship.

In joyous part.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.