Options

Candlebox

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    red mos wrote:
    going to see Candlebox again on Oct 7th. Will report back. super excited. :D

Well at least SOMEBODY is touring the south :lol:

Have a great time and let us know how it goes!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited October 2011
    will do. If I get a pic with any of the guys I'll post it here. Buddy of mine, works where Candlebox is playing, and got me tix.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Candlebox is one of the most underrated bands in my opinion and the fact that they are almost unknown in Europe is just pitiful. I got introduced to their music by a low priced Lucy casette back in 1996 and I've been a fan ever since. And Happy Pills was pretty awesome as well...I wish they did some festival shit in the EU...
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Ricsard wrote:
    Candlebox is one of the most underrated bands in my opinion and the fact that they are almost unknown in Europe is just pitiful. I got introduced to their music by a low priced Lucy casette back in 1996 and I've been a fan ever since. And Happy Pills was pretty awesome as well...I wish they did some festival shit in the EU...

Yup

They are so fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see em.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Ricsard wrote:

Yup

If I get a chance to talk to the guys, I will ask about dates in Europe/ and the UK, for you guys.
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Ricsard wrote:

Yup

If I get a chance to talk to the guys, I will ask about dates in Europe/ and the UK, for you guys.

OMG PLEASE! I KNOW THEY WERE LOOKING FOR SOME BUT THEY FOUND IT HARD TO GET PLACES OR THERE WAS SOME COMPLICATION. WAS FROM AN EMAIL I GOT A WHILST BACK.

SERIOUSLY, SO UNDERRATED, RIDICULOUSLY GOOD BAND!
  • Options
    They are so fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see em.[/quote]
    If I get a chance to talk to the guys, I will ask about dates in Europe/ and the UK, for you guys.[/quote]

OMG PLEASE! I KNOW THEY WERE LOOKING FOR SOME BUT THEY FOUND IT HARD TO GET PLACES OR THERE WAS SOME COMPLICATION. WAS FROM AN EMAIL I GOT A WHILST BACK.

SERIOUSLY, SO UNDERRATED, RIDICULOUSLY GOOD BAND![/quote]
    will do. If I get a chance to chat with them, I will for sure ask. No gurantees, but if I get to talk to any of them I will inquire about European dates.
  • Options
    seeing Candlebox tonight, will report back early in the morning. 8-):mrgreen: :P
  • Options
    Ok just got home from the show. AWESOME, AWESOME show!! I've always been a big fan of Candlebox and they are seriously underrated.

The set was a mix of old and (a few new ones). They have a new record coming out in Feburary.

Set as best as I can remember:
    Bitches Brewin'
    Simple lessons
    Cover me
    Change
    New song
    blossom
    New song
    classic rock melody consisting of zep, Kiss, AC/DC, Ozzy, thin lizzy, iron maiden
    stand
    Arrow
    Breathe me in
    Miss you
    Far Behind
    you

May be missing a few.

I did meet Kevin Martin and got a picture.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/194/ ... ofcand.jpg

Also, European/ UK fans I made sure to ask about a tour for you guys. He said they are trying their asses off to do it next year (probably the next run of dates with the new album).

Only dissapointment was not one song was played from Happy Pills. Love that album! Wish it got more love.

Also, a new Gracious few album is in the works, with touring to follow.

Kevin mentioned his love of Seattle, and it's great music. He named all the big four grunge bands. PJ and AIC got the loudest cheers. :mrgreen::mrgreen: He also mentioned Ann and Nancy Wilson, and Jimi Hendrix. He said if we have never been to Seattle we need to go there. I agree. :mrgreen: I need to visit or move to Seattle. I want to, anyway.
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Ok just got home from the show. AWESOME, AWESOME show!! I've always been a big fan of Candlebox and they are seriously underrated.

The set was a mix of old and (a few new ones). They have a new record coming out in Feburary.

Set as best as I can remember:
    Bitches Brewin'
    Simple lessons
    Cover me
    Change
    New song
    blossom
    New song
    classic rock melody consisting of zep, Kiss, AC/DC, Ozzy, thin lizzy, iron maiden
    stand
    Arrow
    Breathe me in
    Miss you
    Far Behind
    you

May be missing a few.

I did meet Kevin Martin and got a picture.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/194/ ... ofcand.jpg

Also, European/ UK fans I made sure to ask about a tour for you guys. He said they are trying their asses off to do it next year (probably the next run of dates with the new album).

Only dissapointment was not one song was played from Happy Pills. Love that album! Wish it got more love.

Also, a new Gracious few album is in the works, with touring to follow.

Kevin mentioned his love of Seattle, and it's great music. He named all the big four grunge bands. PJ and AIC got the loudest cheers. :mrgreen::mrgreen: He also mentioned Ann and Nancy Wilson, and Jimi Hendrix. He said if we have never been to Seattle we need to go there. I agree. :mrgreen: I need to visit or move to Seattle. I want to, anyway.

Woaw dude, thanks for the full write up. Great you managed to meet him!!! Can't have been the longest set ever hmm

Thanks so much for asking!!! Just gotta keep on waiting I guess. I will def make sure I hit a good few shows!!