Assholes/Douchebags in Columbus, OH??

2»

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mickeyrat wrote:
    why did he suggest you sit?
    I might have been more considerate had he not tapped me on the hip/ass area!!! :shock:

Perhaps you have an irresistible hip/ass area and he just couldn't help himself.
    :crazy:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    hey i was in section 116!!! lol....so you know what i mean. but yeah, i tried to just keep peace with these guys...i think the guy behind me was telling them to shut the fuck up. it was just a matter of co-existing for the eveing. i just hope i don't have to do that again at one of the few concerts i attend each year.

lol that's funny
    we had one guy that was messed up by me. but once the music started he was all business. what row were you in?
    i was in s
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Loves_VinylLoves_Vinyl Posts: 85
    I was in section 116 too. No complaints. And I always go into a concert expecting douchebags!

Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but I don't always feel the need to "lose my shit" at concerts. A little self conscious maybe?

Pearl Jam is my favorite band, I sing along as much as I can (but sometimes, I actually like to be able to hear Eddie sing), but I don't feel moved to yell "DUUUUUUUDE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" each time a song starts, nor the need to DOUBLE HIGH FIVE everyone around me. Over and over.
    Where she walks no flowers bloom...
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Tully305 wrote:
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    but I will say, I hope to not sit in the lawn again, just because I don't really feel like dealing with all that extra shit when I'm just trying to see my band play. But tomorrow night, it's back to seats, so it's all good for me.

Sorry, but you'll get the same kinda assholes down in the pavillion too. I had these sweet tix in sec A front row and this total douchebag came with his plastic wife wearing these knee-high white boots like she was at a fucking Bon Jovi concert. Then the douche proceeds to ask me if I think the band will play any of their "old stuff". I was like yeah, I'm hoping for Release or Oceans tonight, and he was like "What album is that off of?" At which point I fucking ignored him. Then his prissy, plastic wife (who bugged about 50 people around them to take a picture of her and this tool) sat down for, I'm not shitting you, all of maybe 4 songs. Of course, their seats weren't together and he's like "you don't mind if you slide back so we can be together on the aisle?" I was like "yeah, I do mind. I paid for these seats". Then the drunk assholes who obviously don't even have tickets in our section are down hanging on me, shoving my fiancee to the ground as she went down to pick up a pick from Mike and trying to start static with me about how he's a bigger fan and I need to go somewhere else.

I've met some really cool long-time fans at every show who know how to respect and care about one another but I'm getting a little tired of the asshats and the people who come to get fucking hammered and ruin a positive experience for real fans.

*rant over*

No assholes in Columbus...everybody around us in the nosebleeds was pretty cool. I was, however, surprised at the number of asses in the seats throughout the show around us...WAY too tranquil of a vibe around us. I can't complain, as I had my two young sons at their first concert, so tranquility was an ok vibe when considering douchebags could've really ruined their first experience.

The NON-asshole/douchebag in Columbus: Lost In Ohio. Hey Peter, you did a helluva job pulling together a great party. Thanks for all your hard work Man, and I enjoyed meeting you. If it weren't for you, my kid wouldn't have walked away with that sweet '06 Cincy poster - he won't give it up, even to his old man!

Noblesville...that's a bit of a different story. One douchebag in pavilion thought he was Eddie Vedder, as he SLAUGHTERED Just Breathe. I'm glad I actually got to hear it in Columbus, b/c this ass-clown screamed the lyrics off-key in Noblesville. The dude next to my Brother-in-Law kept crowding us too, but other than that most everyone around us was pretty cool. Even got to meet Black Diamond and his son randomly walking through the crowd.

Again, props to the NON-asshole/douchebag: IAmMyself. Hey Heather, one helluva party at Mo's! Thanks for all your hard work organizing - if it weren't for you, my kid wouldn't be jealous of the MSG poster I won. Thanks for that!
  • Folks...

Whether you realize it or not... there's a lot of judging going on in this thread.

If 10 clubbers were the only ones at the shows... PJ would have called it quits 15 years ago. Some people are condemning people for standing around drooling on themselves and others are knocking people for double high 5s or being crappy singers. Comments like, "I'm a waaaay bigger fan" ... wow... congratulations I guess?

Granted... there are several douches at every show I've ever been to- the rude, bumbling buffoons that proportionately reflect society- but you just have to sigh and get over it (certainly don't let it ruin your time)... OR...

I had my kid at a Green Day concert GA- he's 10 at the time. We're about 10 rows pressed near the front. 3 gomers inched up from directly behind us (I'm a fairly massive dude) and inched directly in front of us. In no uncertain terms, I told them they needed to either fight their way all the way to the front or get back to where they came- their big move wasn't going to be from right behind us to right in front of us. After a good staredown... they tucked their tails and went away. I didn't exactly want to have to tune the 3 dudes, but how do you let that happen to yourself and your son? If the bumbling bufoon gets to be too much... you gotta pick your fights sometimes. Open up a can of whoopass and the next concert the guy goes to... the buffoon won't be so much of a buffoon! If we all just took care of the buffoons... concerts will become better in the future.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,441
    Everybody is an angel, here on the message pit.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    There were two BIG (more like tall and "built") guys in section Floor 1 (Stone's side) about 17-19 rows back. I got there about 7 PM, or about 15 minutes before Mike's pre-set, and these guys were yelling in a really high voice WHOOOOOOOOOO ED!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ED!!!!!!!!!!!

They were doing that almost non-stop. If they were doing it during the show, I couldn't hear them.

I know exactley the two guys you are talking about. I was in section 102, so they didnt bother me much, but I heard them a lot when no bands were playing.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Cant blame it on the weekend.
    I find more assholes and amateurs at weekend ( Fri or Saturday ) shows,
    or at least a higher percentage of them at these " weekend shows " .

I seem to draw these people with some sort of inexplainable inert magnetism at PJ shows ,
    from Philly , all the way up the coast to Mansfield .
    Disrupting the entire row with beer and bathroom runs,
    why the fuck come to the show ? - Stay home , talk loudly and drink and get the bootlegs, all you amateurs !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Loves_VinylLoves_Vinyl Posts: 85
    and others are knocking people for double high 5s or being crappy singers.

Oh I wasn't knocking anyone for doing double high fives. Every song. Just pointing it out as something that as a girl, I don't ever feel the need to high five anyone! Over and over again! It has to be a gender thing :?:
    It was my significant other that felt the need to do it! And he claims he only goes to shows because *I'm* the fan/10c member.
    Where she walks no flowers bloom...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,441
    Dont tell me how to behave at a show. Its a fucking rock concert, not a funeral.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Dont tell me how to behave at a show. Its a fucking rock concert, not a funeral.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • asurPRIZEleftasurPRIZEleft Posts: 229
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • Unfortunately, Pearl Jam seems to bring out the frat boy douche bags. I've had a few encounters at the shows I've attended, especially at Mansfield in 2008. Luckily, I didn't have any seated near me, but going in and out of the amphitheatre, I definitely came across my share. It certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

Additionally, I was once next to a girl who stood with her arms crossed the entire time (looking very pissed off) while her bf totally rocked out. What a waste of a ticket. Still, I'd rather be beside her than a hammered, frat boy douche bag. I like nice people, not obnoxious, rude people.
  • Unfortunately, Pearl Jam seems to bring out the frat boy douche bags. I've had a few encounters at the shows I've attended, especially at Mansfield in 2008. Luckily, I didn't have any seated near me, but going in and out of the amphitheatre, I definitely came across my share. It certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

Additionally, I was once next to a girl who stood with her arms crossed the entire time (looking very pissed off) while her bf totally rocked out. What a waste of a ticket. Still, I'd rather be beside her than a hammered, frat boy douche bag. I like nice people, not obnoxious, rude people.

Yep. There are always a few of those. There were a group of them in front of my Mom in Indianapolis in the lawn. They were seriously discussing business during the concert. They were drunk and were taking up a huge space but even though one of the douches had six feet in front of him, he kept leaning back into my Moms face. Mom kept saying "I'm going to THUMP HIM" to my brother as loudly as possible. They also kept bothering this nice woman sitting next to them. They found out she was a nurse. When the douche found out she was married to another nurse and not a doctor, he spent the rest of his time making fun of male nurses. Finally my Mom started clapping her hands and doing a lot of woooohoooooo's about six inches from his ears. hahahaa I think he finally took the hint and moved.

And a lot of these douche bags turn out to be "young republicans". (Sorry if I'm offending any republicans on here but it's true) I couldn't believe how many McCain/Palin stickers I saw in the parking lot at Indy. Do they even listen to the lyrics or are they too busy discussing business and putting down people around them to care?
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    rival9500 wrote:
    Yes, especially the red haired douchebag that tried to sneak into our row and pushed my girlfriend out of her seat. Section 102 row j. I told him he had to get out of I would call security. He then took a cheap shot and elbowed me in the chest as he walked by. I didn't feel like getting into a fight and missing pj so I waved to the guard and he took off. What a piece of shit.

Good job calling security. Pieces of shit like that should be exposed and removed.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    the variety of people are what make shows fun. You've got the douche nozzles that you see at every concert, your frat boys in their popped collars and sun visors, the miserable date couple, the guy who think he is at a Phish show that stinks really bad, the fan club member that has bought 12 shirts and 10 posters that wants complete and utter silence during the show, and of course good looking women. You've got it all. Have to take the perpetually annoying people along with the good people. I get along with everyone.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    the variety of people are what make shows fun. You've got the douche nozzles that you see at every concert, your frat boys in their popped collars and sun visors, the miserable date couple, the guy who think he is at a Phish show that stinks really bad, the fan club member that has bought 12 shirts and 10 posters that wants complete and utter silence during the show, and of course good looking women. You've got it all. Have to take the perpetually annoying people along with the good people. I get along with everyone.

Agreed, funny stuff too. It's pretty much the luck of the draw. Sometimes you'll end up next to absolute douchebags (the worst being the drunken fruity frat boys-I've found them to be the worst out of everyone I've encountered) and sometimes you'll meet people who are just like you, content on rocking out to the show but keeping to themselves and respecting others around them. Precisely why I never drink at concerts, I like to actually remember the band's performance, plus I also like to be on my guard in case anyone starts some shit...can't do that too well when you're loaded.
This discussion has been closed.