Assholes/Douchebags in Columbus, OH??

PaleBrandonPaleBrandon Posts: 66
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Did anyone else at the Columbus show encounter many assholes and/or douchebags? It was a kick ass show, but these guys who came in late beside me were totally hammered and not there for the music at all it seemed. Totally ruined my mojo. We still had a kick ass time, but everytime Ed was talking this guy was talking to me about the same shit and getting on my fucking nerves. BTW-Oceans and Alone was awesome!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    If they were "totally hammered" you should've called security and had them tossed.
  • PaleBrandonPaleBrandon Posts: 66
    good point. But columbus seemed to have a surplus of douchebaggery and that was the pinnacle of it for me.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,895
    BV72509 wrote:
    Did anyone else at the Columbus show encounter many assholes and/or douchebags? It was a kick ass show, but these guys who came in late beside me were totally hammered and not there for the music at all it seemed. Totally ruined my mojo. We still had a kick ass time, but everytime Ed was talking this guy was talking to me about the same shit and getting on my fucking nerves. BTW-Oceans and Alone was awesome!!!
    Not really. Had the guy next to my guest that I was keeping an eye on(briefly!!) was enjoying himself quite a bit. Was afraid he'd step on her.And the guy next to me tapped me on the ass :shock: and suggested I sit down between the main set and 1st encore. Which I ignored. I mean really , you couldn't tap me on the arm?That was it. A rockin good time!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    why did he suggest you sit?
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    there are 49 other states with the same type of assholes at the shows though...

because he's their #1 fan? :mrgreen:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,895
    between sets and he was sitting? Fuck I don't know!! looking back on it, I was closer by one seat to the stage, and between the main set and 1st encore he sat down? Guess because I was still standing my ass was in his face?

I might have been more considerate had he not tapped me on the hip/ass area!!! :shock:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Wish I was there. I'm the guy that breaks up fights or calms heated situations. I started out as a bouncer, then I got my first Ph.d ...Now I work for the government.
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    i didnt notice any douchebags...just 4 people around me who literally didnt move the entire show unless they went to get beer. they didnt sing, the didnt dance, and they didnt even clap or cheer after any of the songs. one guy looked like ben rapelisberger too
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    were
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i didnt notice any douchebags...just 4 people around me who literally didnt move the entire show unless they went to get beer. they didnt sing, the didnt dance, and they didnt even clap or cheer after any of the songs. one guy looked like ben rapelisberger too

undercover douche
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    If they were "totally hammered" you should've called security and had them tossed.

this kind of attitude is for donkeys.
    Totally ruined my mojo. We still had a kick ass time, but everytime Ed was talking this guy was talking to me about the same shit and getting on my fucking nerves.

you should have been a man about it and told him. Now you are crying about it on a message board. How the world has changed.
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 570
    Yes, especially the red haired douchebag that tried to sneak into our row and pushed my girlfriend out of her seat. Section 102 row j. I told him he had to get out of I would call security. He then took a cheap shot and elbowed me in the chest as he walked by. I didn't feel like getting into a fight and missing pj so I waved to the guard and he took off. What a piece of shit.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
    i just never had something like that happen at any of the shows i have been to. usually i make friends w/alot of people at the shows i go to. kinda seemed like i wasn't completely surrounded by 10 clubbers.
  • "The goal of a coach is to take a guy who has beaten down by his parents, by religion, by society, to take that guy and build him back up to find his spirit to go out and fight" Joe Lewis
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    The people by me in 116 were cool. All them were fans digging it
    one guy brought his sis to her first show
    so she got a good representation of good fans and a great show
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    I only encountered one dude, who wasn't really a problem, but he was really drunk, and he kind of ran into me going up the stairs once, and then when security came later to get his sorry ass out of there because he was sitting in a seat that wasnt his (Which was obvious because it was a single seat that wasnt for sale) he tried to use my shoulder to stay up i guess and i threw an elbow at that, because my job is certainly not to support drunk asshole 280 pound dudes.

But I will say, I went to Noblesville, and while it didnt ruin my experience, the lawn was filled with assholes. Some drunk, a few not. But I got there early, got front row lawn, left when we cleared out, and was able to get my same spot upon re-entry. Once the show started though, people who show up late, but don't care about anyone but themselves, start forcing themselves into the front of the lawn, pushing people out of their way, standing right in front of people who have been in that spot for hours. And I dont blame this on Indiana or Noblesville, and I wouldnt suggest that was the problem as the OP did, but I will say, I hope to not sit in the lawn again, just because I don't really feel like dealing with all that extra shit when I'm just trying to see my band play. But tomorrow night, it's back to seats, so it's all good for me.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    ski4 wrote:
    The people by me in 116 were cool. All them were fans digging it
    one guy brought his sis to her first show
    so she got a good representation of good fans and a great show

I was in sec 116, row F :-) Awesome seats!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
    mickeyrat wrote:
    between sets and he was sitting? Fuck I don't know!! looking back on it, I was closer by one seat to the stage, and between the main set and 1st encore he sat down? Guess because I was still standing my ass was in his face?

I might have been more considerate had he not tapped me on the hip/ass area!!! :shock:

Brett Favre pats everyone on the ass. Maybe he was just being a spirited team player.
    Totally ruined my mojo. We still had a kick ass time, but everytime Ed was talking this guy was talking to me about the same shit and getting on my fucking nerves.

you should have been a man about it and told him. Now you are crying about it on a message board. How the world has changed.

But, dude, it's everyone's job to make sure everyone has a good time! Everyone should be front row, the lottery is bullshit, and now that philly boots are out, fuck you 10C where's the DVD!?

Sarcasm aside, I agree with you... whole heartedly :geek: .
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    I only encountered one dude, who wasn't really a problem, but he was really drunk, and he kind of ran into me going up the stairs once, and then when security came later to get his sorry ass out of there because he was sitting in a seat that wasnt his (Which was obvious because it was a single seat that wasnt for sale) he tried to use my shoulder to stay up i guess and i threw an elbow at that, because my job is certainly not to support drunk asshole 280 pound dudes.

But I will say, I went to Noblesville, and while it didnt ruin my experience, the lawn was filled with assholes. Some drunk, a few not. But I got there early, got front row lawn, left when we cleared out, and was able to get my same spot upon re-entry. Once the show started though, people who show up late, but don't care about anyone but themselves, start forcing themselves into the front of the lawn, pushing people out of their way, standing right in front of people who have been in that spot for hours. And I dont blame this on Indiana or Noblesville, and I wouldnt suggest that was the problem as the OP did, but I will say, I hope to not sit in the lawn again, just because I don't really feel like dealing with all that extra shit when I'm just trying to see my band play. But tomorrow night, it's back to seats, so it's all good for me.

Lawn:

Sounds like most of the concerts I've been to.
  • Tully305Tully305 Posts: 103
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    but I will say, I hope to not sit in the lawn again, just because I don't really feel like dealing with all that extra shit when I'm just trying to see my band play. But tomorrow night, it's back to seats, so it's all good for me.

Sorry, but you'll get the same kinda assholes down in the pavillion too. I had these sweet tix in sec A front row and this total douchebag came with his plastic wife wearing these knee-high white boots like she was at a fucking Bon Jovi concert. Then the douche proceeds to ask me if I think the band will play any of their "old stuff". I was like yeah, I'm hoping for Release or Oceans tonight, and he was like "What album is that off of?" At which point I fucking ignored him. Then his prissy, plastic wife (who bugged about 50 people around them to take a picture of her and this tool) sat down for, I'm not shitting you, all of maybe 4 songs. Of course, their seats weren't together and he's like "you don't mind if you slide back so we can be together on the aisle?" I was like "yeah, I do mind. I paid for these seats". Then the drunk assholes who obviously don't even have tickets in our section are down hanging on me, shoving my fiancee to the ground as she went down to pick up a pick from Mike and trying to start static with me about how he's a bigger fan and I need to go somewhere else.

I've met some really cool long-time fans at every show who know how to respect and care about one another but I'm getting a little tired of the asshats and the people who come to get fucking hammered and ruin a positive experience for real fans.

*rant over*
    Pittsburgh ('00), Cleveland ('03), Pittsburgh ('03), Grand Rapids ('04), Cleveland ('06), Pittsburgh ('06), Chicago ('07), West Palm Beach ('08), Tampa ('08), Chicago (both nights) ('09), Seattle (both nights) ('09), Philly (all 4 nights) ('09), Noblesville ('10), Columbus ('10), Cleveland ('10), Toronto (both nights) ('11), Wrigley ('13), Pittsburgh ('13), Wrigley (both nights) ('18)
    Tully305 wrote:
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    but I will say, I hope to not sit in the lawn again, just because I don't really feel like dealing with all that extra shit when I'm just trying to see my band play. But tomorrow night, it's back to seats, so it's all good for me.

Sorry, but you'll get the same kinda assholes down in the pavillion too. I had these sweet tix in sec A front row and this total douchebag came with his plastic wife wearing these knee-high white boots like she was at a fucking Bon Jovi concert. Then the douche proceeds to ask me if I think the band will play any of their "old stuff". I was like yeah, I'm hoping for Release or Oceans tonight, and he was like "What album is that off of?" At which point I fucking ignored him. Then his prissy, plastic wife (who bugged about 50 people around them to take a picture of her and this tool) sat down for, I'm not shitting you, all of maybe 4 songs. Of course, their seats weren't together and he's like "you don't mind if you slide back so we can be together on the aisle?" I was like "yeah, I do mind. I paid for these seats". Then the drunk assholes who obviously don't even have tickets in our section are down hanging on me, shoving my fiancee to the ground as she went down to pick up a pick from Mike and trying to start static with me about how he's a bigger fan and I need to go somewhere else.

I've met some really cool long-time fans at every show who know how to respect and care about one another but I'm getting a little tired of the asshats and the people who come to get fucking hammered and ruin a positive experience for real fans.

*rant over*

They don't sound like 10clubbers. In my experience, 10clubbers in the first five rows don't get hammered. Also, they tend to hand out extra pics
    hey i was in section 116!!! lol....so you know what i mean. but yeah, i tried to just keep peace with these guys...i think the guy behind me was telling them to shut the fuck up. it was just a matter of co-existing for the eveing. i just hope i don't have to do that again at one of the few concerts i attend each year.
  • You were in Ohio. Nuff said. :lol:
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.
  • matt_bakermatt_baker Posts: 62
    It was much the same with their tour last year in Aus, where the ten clubbers were in with the GA. Majority of the crowds were good, just a few dicks pushing the smaller people around to get up to the barrier and ruining it for alot of people around there with a lack of respect.
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    oh and i forgot to tell about the four guys seated directly behind me. after mccready's preset they said, and i quote, "who the hell was that? somebody from band of horses? man he sucked" and then somebody said it was mike and they still had no idea who it was! :lol:
    must have been that horrible weed :?

these shows are not a christian young life outing

Ed October L.A 2009

"Last ime I checked there was no law against losing your shit at a rock-n-roll concert...at least not yet"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    And I thought my "douchebag" was a douchebag, but not at all compared to what you all went through.

There were two BIG (more like tall and "built") guys in section Floor 1 (Stone's side) about 17-19 rows back. I got there about 7 PM, or about 15 minutes before Mike's pre-set, and these guys were yelling in a really high voice WHOOOOOOOOOO ED!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ED!!!!!!!!!!!

They were doing that almost non-stop. If they were doing it during the show, I couldn't hear them.

If anyone has the Las Vegas 2000 CD (10 year anniversary), listen to Wishlist. About 1:57 to 2:10 in, you hear really high screams that almost sound like a guitar, but they're not.

These guys really reminded me of those moments in that song.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
This discussion has been closed.