hair cuttin fuckers, tipped? yes/no?

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    do you call them that to their face? hair cuttin fuckers?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    with good humor
    sure
    why not?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    with good humor
    sure
    why not?

No reason not to as far as I can see....hair cuttin fuckers....has a nice ring to it! :lol:
    how about math fuckers or numbers fuckers?
    when in school and needing some tutoring a table full of math geeks is the best place to hang out.
    i became good friends with a whole cluster of genius young people all into math.
    after a short while i had them all refering to one another as math numbers fuckers..

:mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • weedweed Posts: 475
    oh no you wont..
    why are you being mean???
    :twisted: :mrgreen:[/quote]

because I can

wanna do something about it ?
    chadwick wrote:
    when in school and needing some tutoring a table full of math geeks is the best place to hang out.
    i became good friends with a whole cluster of genius young people all into math.
    after a short while i had them all refering to one another as math numbers fuckers..

I like to just call people fucker. Hey fucker! 8-) It generally goes over better if you know them. But sometimes it's fun to just throw a random "fucker" out every now and then to see the look of surprise eg I get my change from the chick at the supermarket --- "thanks fucker". I'm about to buy movie tickets "two to robin hood fucker". :lol: They love it!! ;)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I like to just call people fucker. Hey fucker! 8-) It generally goes over better if you know them. But sometimes it's fun to just throw a random "fucker" out every now and then to see the look of surprise eg I get my change from the chick at the supermarket --- "thanks fucker". I'm about to buy movie tickets "two to robin hood fucker". :lol: They love it!! ;)
    its all in good humor.
    some folks do not have a sense of humor.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    weed wrote:
    oh no you wont..
    why are you being mean???
    :twisted: :mrgreen:

because I can

wanna do something about it ?[/quote]

i smoke weed

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    I'm a hair stylist... and we do work off of tips. Most only get 40% of what they bring in and no health insurance. Tips are the bread and butter.

I do tip my stylist, always have.

I know it used to be that if the owner of the salon was your stylist, you didn't tip them. They're not splitting the fee with anyone else. My stylist has gone from working for someone (at the 40% you noted) to booth renting then to owning a salon herself. I never stopped tipping her when she owned...it felt kind of weird not to. I'd also come to realize that as an owner, she may not have to split her fee with the owner as before but she pays the costs of all the products that she uses as well as stocks on her shelves. Makes sense to tip her on her services.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    chadwick wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

its all in good humor.
    some folks do not have a sense of humor.

i call them folks "accountants"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    of course i don't tip hairdressers.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Haircut $22 leave $5 + plus they serve me Miller High life in a bottle while I wait. :thumbup:
    NERDS!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    plus they serve me Miller High life in a bottle while I wait. :thumbup:
    That sounds really cool!

i feel kind of cheap. mine is 26 dollars and i tip 5$

is that bad? it's almost 20% and it is not like my hair is difficult it is usually done in 15-20 minutes and that is with a shampoo. she always massages my head for a minute during the shampoo

Perhaps i should leave more? :?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    That sounds really cool!

is that bad? it's almost 20% and it is not like my hair is difficult it is usually done in 15-20 minutes and that is with a shampoo. she always massages my head for a minute during the shampoo

I would say that is fine. 20% is the standard tip for anything these days.
    NERDS!
    intodeep wrote:
    That sounds really cool!

why not just leave $4? seems odd to round it up to $31
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

you are a funny fucker
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Haircut $22 leave $5 + plus they serve me Miller High life in a bottle while I wait. :thumbup:

can i get the name and address of this place

mine runs $13 unless i have coupon for $8. i leave like $4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Haircut $22 leave $5 + plus they serve me Miller High life in a bottle while I wait. :thumbup:

Here you go http://www.bishopsbs.com/

Franchise one out in Chicago :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
    81 wrote:

Here you go http://www.bishopsbs.com/

Franchise one out in Chicago :mrgreen:

interesting....but they didn't mention beer.

i wonder if they need a liqour license?

seems like it would be easy enough to just open a shop. seems like it would be a fairly cheap business to get into.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    There is a place like that here. Called Roosters. For men only. Free beer while you wait and while they are cutting. Cut plus tip is $29.

I only go about every 5 weeks or so.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    i think if i walked into a hair cuttin place right now i am positive they would throw ninja stars at me
    and demand that i leave. my hair and beard are that out of control.

you tip for you pricks

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Flagg wrote:
    There is a place like that here. Called Roosters. For men only. Free beer while you wait and while they are cutting. Cut plus tip is $29.

SOunds like a Sports Clips here...watch sports while you get your haircut by a pretty lady in a skimpy ref uniform...hot face towel too. $23 or something...

I tip my stylist $25, but I'm in her chair for 3 hours and I know she makes 50% profit...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited August 2010
    4and20 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

SOunds like a Sports Clips here...watch sports while you get your haircut by a pretty lady in a skimpy ref uniform...hot face towel too. $23 or something...

I tip my stylist $25, but I'm in her chair for 3 hours and I know she makes 50% profit...
    wait a minute, just wait a minute........
    you are in a stylist's chair for 3 hours"?
    care to elaborate a bit, yes/no?
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    4and20 wrote:

they have those here. i tried it once. the chick wasn't that great.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

She probably failed her Super Cuts test... :lol:

And Chad: I sit in the chair and she cuts my hair strand by strand... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

She probably failed her Super Cuts test... :lol:

And Chad: I sit in the chair and she cuts my hair strand by strand... :lol:
    horseshit.
    i do not believe that for a second.
    she does your nails, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    no, no nails...why are you so interested to know why I sit in the chair for 3 hours?

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    no, no nails...why are you so interested to know why I sit in the chair for 3 hours?
    sounds like a very long time for a haircut.
    so i came to the conclusion it is metrosexual time = the 3 hrs spent in your personal stylist's chair.
    no harm done.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    so i came to the conclusion it is metrosexual time = the 3 hrs spent in your personal stylist's chair.
    no harm done.

If that's what you want to believe, then fine... :D

- Christopher McCandless
    chadwick wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

takes me 3 hours to get mine done... for some reason i'm never happy with it.

i took this picture last time i was there.

sexy-hairdresser-6.jpg