hair cuttin fuckers, tipped? yes/no?

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,028
    chadwick wrote:
    does the thread title bother anyone?
    Yes it does. I should think a man with your gift with words could come up with something better. Shameful!!!!

Like hair cuttin fuckers tipped? yes/no?
    Where oh where is our chadwick of old. Almost seems if you are another person posing as....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Mine's usually $40, I leave $10...
    Huey_Lewis1.jpg
    :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    Yes it does. I should think a man with your gift with words could come up with something better. Shameful!!!!

Where oh where is our chadwick of old. Almost seems if you are another person posing as....
    do tell..

the threads we start while smoked... unbelievable
    i meant no harm.
    it's just my goofy nature..

btw, gift???
    thank you dude..
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

do tell..

the threads we start while smoked... unbelievable
    i meant no harm.
    it's just my goofy nature..

btw, gift???
    thank you dude..
    Welcome. Noiw about that title!!1 Not too late to ....... :mrgreen:

^^^^^see? :lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Sir chadwickington,

calling me out? 8-) wtf? :mrgreen:

again I refer you too ^^^^^^^^

Thats a Chadwick title if I ever saw one!!! :D

mickeyrat wrote:
    Sir chadwickington,

Mr. Mickeyrat...

Once again Sir you are correct.
    You've put me in check.
    I must admit you are on the ball.
    Nice work my friend.

this is why i suck as a human being.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Sir chadwickington,

Mr. Mickeyrat...

You've put me in check.
    Nice work my friend.

All good my friend , all good.

mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Sir chadwickington,

Mr. Mickeyrat...

You've put me in check.
    Nice work my friend.

All good my friend , all good.

all good mr. rat
    all good

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    And in answer to your question. Being a broke ass, i do in fact give a couple bucks when I can.

mickeyrat wrote:
    And in answer to your question. Being a broke ass, i do in fact give a couple bucks when I can.
    word...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I tip at restaurants dependent on the service/food.
    I almost always tip my hairdresser, but the amount depends on the cut.
    I have been trying different people lately, i usually tip around 5-7 dollars because i have long and sometimes unmanagable hair... usually it takes forever to blow dry and straighten so they deserve a tip for that alone :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I usually try to tip 20%. Does that sound about right, ChangeInWaves? I get confused about this stuff. That was when I didn't have a regular hairdresser though. Now I go to my office-mate's daughter and I try to tip her really, really well. I know she needs the money. (Besides, she lives with her mom and they share a bank account, and her mom's always bringing me food... so it kind of comes back around. :) ) Plus, I try to tip well because, although cutting my hair isn't complicated at all, it's kind of a pain in the ass. It requires the hairdresser to do squats. I feel bad. (I felt especially bad once when I was put with a hairdresser who was pregnant.) :oops:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Love Supercuts. $14.95, I leave $5 since I am one of those people who prefers even numbers.

Does having very short hair that can be done in 10 minutes make a difference in what you're supposed to tip? My only direction is, "Please clean it up a little, I will never blow dry it, I spend no more than 30 seconds styling it with a blob of styling goo."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Love Supercuts. $14.95, I leave $5 since I am one of those people who prefers even numbers.

Does having very short hair that can be done in 10 minutes make a difference in what you're supposed to tip? My only direction is, "Please clean it up a little, I will never blow dry it, I spend no more than 30 seconds styling it with a blob of styling goo."
    I think so... a hairstylist cut 5 or 6 customers in one hour if they are 10 minute cuts.
    My hairstylist can take up to an hour and a half to do my hair.
    Unfortunately I can't afford to tip 5 dollars for every 10 minutes though :shock:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I just gave my bushes/edges a 4 hour haircut and they decided to give me a TIP. You may ask how did they do that, well with everything looking so neat and trim, it brings a smile to me and mostly my NEIGHBORS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• weedweed Posts: 475
    chadwick wrote:
    do you leave a little something for the barber or for the hairstylist, whichever?
    i do.
    nowadays my hair is getting long and curly.
    it's a real disaster most days.
    nope no cut for me, i am skippin the hair cut for quite awhile.
    bearded bastard anyway..

i do remember some nice haircuts... and no they weren't from a barber :mrgreen:

I'll cut your long and curly hair . . .
    by ripping it out
    !
    g under p wrote:
    I just gave my bushes/edges a 4 hour haircut and they decided to give me a TIP. You may ask how did they do that, well with everything looking so neat and trim, it brings a smile to me and mostly my NEIGHBORS!

Peace

I took this post in all kinds of wrong ways at first! :shock: :lol:
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Mine's usually $40, I leave $10...
    Huey_Lewis1.jpg
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    scb wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Huh, say what?
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    chadwick wrote:
    do you leave a little something for the barber or for the hairstylist, whichever?
    i do.
    bearded bastard anyway..

no

i don't tip a bus driver nor a golf pro
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    g under p wrote:
    scb wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Huh, say what?
    refering to yardwork as a haircut? Kinda threw me at first too. being a sarcastic smartass there is much to play with here!! :mrgreen:

g under p wrote:
    scb wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Huh, say what?

I thought we were still talking about hair and you were talking about trimming your bush and whatnot....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    topiary.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Yep, tip him 2 bucks. He charges 13, but always give him 15.

Same here, but at Christmas I give my barber another $15.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    scb wrote:
    scb wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I thought we were still talking about hair and you were talking about trimming your bush and whatnot....

Oh OK that went right over my head, my hands are still trembling from all my machine work today. :D

Peace

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Yes - 20 - 30% depending on what I had done and how long it took. I always go to the same person and there have been times I've been in her chair for 2.5 hours. I figure she's earned it.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    CJMST3K wrote:
    The woman who cuts my hair I know well. She's next door to my store, so I see her daily. I think she charges me less than others. Last week I gave her $30 total.

oh my god dude....you're totally getting ripped off.

and she's right next store to your store? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    always at least 20% even though getting my hair did only takes about 20 minutes or so :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Had a cut yesterday, $27 but worth it.
    The $10 hairdressers rush their job and the end result sucks.
    I've cut about 3 inches off mine, got very long lol, now I love it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    weed wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i do.
    bearded bastard anyway..

I'll cut your long and curly hair . . .
    by ripping it out
    !

oh no you wont..
    why are you being mean???
    :twisted: :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where