Options

NO MORE.... so sad

rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I am but a pearl jam fan from America Jr (Canada), I am sitting here listening to bonnaroo and am very disappointed in the crowds reaction to NO More. As we all sit here trying to find out what the new poster is or what song they'll sing next or "can somebody buy me a shirt thread?" we forget that the only reason we can do this is because of all the veterans that have died to give us this thing we call "freedom". Now I don’t care if you believe in war or don’t, but these guys are out there doing something that the most of us can only criticize. So Cameden,Msg, Wash, Hart, give the song the love it needs because you don’t need to shoot a gun, just bloody sing No More!!!

So if you can't stand in behind our troops you should stand in front of them.

Thank you to all the Canadian troops especially in Afghanistan, Thank you to all the Service men and women in Iraq and around the World.Thankyou Pearl Jam for not letting these people be forgotten
Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I was singing along like a champ!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Not singing along to No More does not mean you don't support the troops
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    rattzey wrote:
    I am but a pearl jam fan from America Jr (Canada), I am sitting here listening to bonnaroo and am very disappointed in the crowds reaction to NO More. As we all sit here trying to find out what the new poster is or what song they'll sing next or "can somebody buy me a shirt thread?" we forget that the only reason we can do this is because of all the veterans that have died to give us this thing we call "freedom". Now I don’t care if you believe in war or don’t, but these guys are out there doing something that the most of us can only criticize. So Cameden,Msg, Wash, Hart, give the song the love it needs because you don’t need to shoot a gun, just bloody sing No More!!!

Thank you to all the Canadian troops especially in Afghanistan, Thank you to all the Service men and women in Iraq and around the World.Thankyou Pearl Jam for not letting these people be forgotten

Just to play devil's advocate here ... but what if you believe that by NOT singing along to a war protest song, you are supporting the troops?

That is another point of view.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    acsdataacsdata Posts: 40
    What reaction bothered you?
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I was singing...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    I'm not bothered, I was just speaking out loud and posting what I find as meaningful so heres to all of you that did sing!!!
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    BeerBaron wrote:
    America Jr.? Really?

Stupid fuckin Canadians ...
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    Easy buddy, what’s that all about,is this not a message pit where we can speak our minds ? About our favorite band and about their fans opinions? so relax there's no need for that. By the way nice language you inspire us all with words like that
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,559
    eV/'03:

"and, remember, this (makes a peace sign with his hand) is NOT a "fuck you" to the troops! the extra finger makes all the difference!"
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    America Jr.? Really?

Hahaha, while standing in line waiting to get in the gates at Lolla, we chatted with some American PJ fans that kept telling me i was from "America Jr." I told them to fuck off or i'd made 'em eat loonies.
  • Options
    sailboatcaptainsailboatcaptain San Juan, Puerto Rico Posts: 251
    rattzey wrote:

you are listening to Bonnaroo ? ?? can we download the shows already?
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • Options
    Well somebody finally got a chuckle out of that, it was my little joke in (what I think is ) a otherwise meaningful rant
  • Options
    rattzey wrote:
    Easy buddy, what’s that all about,is this not a message pit where we can speak our minds ? About our favorite band and about their fans opinions? so relax there's no need for that. By the way nice language you inspire us all with words like that

Either you are:

a) unaware of the "Location" parameter that each user has configured on this board

or

b) a miserable geography student

or

c) a horrible judge of sarcasm
  • Options
    ummmm
    #3 i guess
  • Options
    rattzey wrote:
    ummmm
    #3 i guess

Fair enough.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    wilmack88 wrote:
    Not singing along to No More does not mean you don't support the troops
    That was kind of my thought... I guess you can feel like you are supporting them either way or something.

I don't sing along because I think the song is crap and I'm thinking in my head what other songs could be played instead of that one night after night... :)
  • Options
    This thread is making me laugh. A lot. I'm sorry.

I love No More.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Its a good song. I like it. I like the message. I will enjoy it if its played. But I think everyone will be better off if I don't sing loudly! I'm sure they'd rather hear Ed.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    This thread is making me laugh. A lot. I'm sorry.

I love No More.

You must be Canadian then. And I'm not just saying that because of the Daughter tag from Toronto that you reference in your signature.
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    No More= Good message, weak song.
  • Options
    Ok OK... read the thread Molson Muscle aka Beer Baron I said #3
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Its a good song. I like it. I like the message. I will enjoy it if its played. But I think everyone will be better off if I don't sing loudly! I'm sure they'd rather hear Ed.

Probably the part he's talking about is where Ed steps away from the mic and asks the audience to chime in on the "No Mores"
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    lol. I totally missed the post when I scanned through the thread. Hilarious. As you can see from my last post, your sarcasm found its way to my brain right away :)

I would expect nothing less. Most veterans of the board default to sarcasm when they see outright malicious posts. Is that a good thing?
  • Options
    Probably the part he's talking about is where Ed steps away from the mic and asks the audience to chime in on the "No Mores"

Yup and I do understand the song goes on but it's what slightojeff said its when Ed ask the crowd to chime in
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    regardless of opinion on the war that is just a TERRIBLE song... its incredibly sad that tom fell into a coma and i wish him and his family the best, but im afraid the timing of that means "no more" will probably be played at just about every PJ show of the tour... and that being the case its gonna be treated as a bathroom break song by many
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    its not like people were throwing bottles at the stage or anything. a few cheers, a few grumbles, a lot of impatient waiting for the next song. typical 'No More' reaction really.

not a great song. sucks about his friend though.
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    regardless of opinion on the war that is just a TERRIBLE song... its incredibly sad that tom fell into a coma and i wish him and his family the best, but im afraid the timing of that means "no more" will probably be played at just about every PJ show of the tour... and that being the case its gonna be treated as a bathroom break song by many

I actually don't think the song is *that* bad
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    It's not THAT bad... but its going to be in the bottom 2/3 for any show I hear it in.

As I've said in another thread.. if you want to bash Bush play Bushleaguer... thats at least got good music behind it.
  • Options

But it's not that good either. ;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    edigerediger Posts: 308
    rattzey wrote:
    I am but a pearl jam fan from America Jr

I stopped there...
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?