Options

Those who got tickets - What Browser did you use??

2»

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I use Safari.

NO MSG 1, but got MSG 2.

Tried a different strategy for MSG 2 though.

Instead of going to http://www.pearljam.com/goods/

I went to http://secure.pearljam.com/store/

This is very useful. Lucky for me I got through on the regular site, but I will have to try and remember this.

I got through both times on Firefox, but don't think that makes a huge difference. There is a lot of luck involved and also what speed internet you have. But mostly, lots of luck.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    Sailed through MSG1 in a couple of minutes with IE.
    Got nothing for MSG2.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    if i had known then what i know now
    if i had known then what i know now...

seriously, thanks for this thread! who knew? now I do..
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    goldenegg wrote:
    Using Safari (Mac) over here.

safari is slowly becoming my fav browser...over firefox, im split between the 2 at the moment
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    mAjLrAepmAjLrAep Posts: 72
    I used IE for both shows, but it was a nightmare. Looks like you Firefox users had a much better experience. I'll remember that next time. Thanks for the info! :)
    ~ * ~ * 12/7/03: Long live YIELD night!! * ~ * ~

i've got scratches all over my arms....one for each day since i fell apart. i did what i had to do....if there was a reason, it was you...
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    Awesome. I always used to say that dialup was the way of the future.

I'm at work right now, but in 06 when I bought tix when I was home I used dialup as well to get tix.

Must be a South Philly thing. ;)

Oh yeah, I used firefox for both today.

hhahahah just call me old fashion ( or Poor) :D

See you At The shows Joe!
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    I used Firefox, but I don;t think that had anything to do with me getting tickets. It was just luck. The site crash because they couldn't handle the traffic. I just kept frantically hitting refresh.
  • Options
    SuzieMSuzieM Posts: 113
    Firefox. MSG 2 only. I agree that browser probably didn't make a difference, just luck and maybe some experience. And definitely need to be logged in before tickets are posted, I think.

Shut out from MSG1 but for MSG2, I made sure I didn't hit reload but instead kept hitting the "tickets" button, that seemed to make it freak out less. Tickets in cart at 2:02 but then site crashed after I submitted my credit card info. I kept hitting the "try again" button and had to do so each step of the way until somehow the tickets showed up again and I entered in my credit card info and held my breath. I think it was close to 3:00 at that point so I was surprised but incredibly thankful! I'm ecstatic. [OT] Dying to hear State of Love and Trust live!!
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    i took a half day off from work having a feeling this was gonna be an issue

That's what I did, wasn't gonna get away with frantically hitting F5 for 45 minutes straight, plus work doesn't allow me to download Firefox, and I wanted to use both browsers!
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    donny31donny31 Posts: 26
    That's what I did, wasn't gonna get away with frantically hitting F5 for 45 minutes straight, plus work doesn't allow me to download Firefox, and I wanted to use both browsers!

Would it screw things up if I had 2 laptops going and logged in on both laptops under the same username? Anyone do that?
    10C # 164xxx

11/02/91, 8/8/92, 4/7/94, 7/9/95, 9/29/96, 7/11/98, 8/24/00, 8/27/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 9/15/05, 5/12/06, 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 8/10/08 (ed)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    So it appears that Firefox or Safari is the way to go. This is good to know for the future.

Since I live in the midwest and got tickets to the Vic last year, I decided to sit this one out and leave the tickets to the east coast peeps (even though I would love to visit New York). But, I'm crossing my fingers that they will announce a "Phase 2" and it will be nice to know I can have confidence in a web browser.
  • Options
    I used Explorere & got tix to both nights.
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    Harryj40Harryj40 Posts: 53
    Question says it all really - curious to see if one is more sucessful than another - paranoia is starting to set in before round 2....
    I used firefox both times and got shit both times !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam