Pearl Jam shows in NYC- Can they be canceled??

2»

Comments

• theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    I think the main concern is having the shows cancelled (which most likely will not happen).
  • PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    also time square is 8-15 blocks north of msg :mrgreen:
    PJ44
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,357
    You are in greater danger of dying in a car accident than you are of being killed by a terrorist.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    norm wrote:

Ha Ha Ha , Should we just go see this instead Norm??? :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    i heard the cooler was filled with left over Coronas from Cinco De Mayo :lol:
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    PJ44 wrote:
    listen everyone, i live in NYC and we all go about our business. We ride the subways, ride the buses, walk through midtown, go to work , eat at restaurants, drink at bars, go to Yankee Stadium.... The terror alert is the same today as it was 2 months ago, 6 months ago and even 3 years ago. it's just that some dumbass made it a more publicized this week.

the Knicks and Rangers played their home games, MSG had plenty of high profile concerts and Broadway ran all their shows. Pearl Jam will not be cancelled. if you are coming in from out of town still come. If you recall right after 9/11 there was that monumental concert at MSG and that was when NY was at it's highest terror alert, even if we didn't fully recognise it at that time.

the show will go on!

DAMN F**KING STRAIGHT!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Tone wrote:
    as someone sitting in NYC at the moment i can't let these terrorist scumbags win . i can't hide . i can't run . i will live my life

as for MSG ... if ya gotta go ...no better place or time

Word! I transit through the sesspit of Times Square twice a day, I work on 42nd Street. You can't let these people rule your life... you've just got to live it.

I work on 40th/7th and havnt been evacuated once, although I have been locked out by NY's finest once trying to get back after lunch ;)

If Thom Yorke didnt cxl with man hole covers blowing/electrical fires raging underground, the shows WILL go on
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    The fact that this topic has even been made means the terrorists have won.
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    mauichick wrote:
    Tone wrote:
    as someone sitting in NYC at the moment i can't let these terrorist scumbags win . i can't hide . i can't run . i will live my life

as for MSG ... if ya gotta go ...no better place or time

Word! I transit through the sesspit of Times Square twice a day, I work on 42nd Street. You can't let these people rule your life... you've just got to live it.

I work on 40th/7th and havnt been evacuated once, although I have been locked out by NY's finest once trying to get back after lunch ;)

If Thom Yorke didnt cxl with man hole covers blowing/electrical fires raging underground, the shows WILL go on

Yeah seriously- I waited like 3 hours on line for that concert to start

If anything it pnly made them put on a better show than the previous night...

then the next day at work this happened

photo.jpg

I took that from the window of my office at like 6:30, and I didn't even get to go home early...
    edited May 2010
    WM31482 wrote:
    mauichick wrote:
    Tone wrote:

Yeah seriously- I waited like 3 hours on line for that concert to start

If anything it pnly made them put on a better show than the previous night...

then the next day at work this happened

photo.jpg

I took that from the window of my office at like 6:30, and I didn't even get to go home early...

yeah def more fearful of con ed ;)
    that nt was crazy, as long as the tour bus stayed put i knew we were all good
    love thom even more that he didnt bail
    Post edited by mauichick on
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Oh yeah... this New Yorker steps around any conEd manhole!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Tone wrote:
    Oh yeah... this New Yorker steps around any conEd manhole!

yet another golden tip for the new york for dummies thread
  • RosinhaaaRosinhaaa Posts: 27
    Yes, the concert can be canceled because bombs dropping down, overhead, underground... on May 20. :twisted:
    @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 12.04.2005 - @MSG, New York 05.20.2010 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.04.2011 - @Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro 11.06.2011 - @Estadio Unico de La Plata, Buenos Aires 11.13.2011 - @Lollapalooza Brazil, São Paulo 03.31.2013 - @Morumbi, São Paulo 11.14.2015 - @Mineirão, Belo Horizonte 11.20.2015 - @Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro 11.22.2015