I know you shouldn't buy autographs on ebay but....

rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
edited May 2010 in The Porch
what do you guys think? Real or fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    im not an expert at all but ive never see Ed sign his name like that, especially in 2009 as the seller claims.
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    Are autographs worth a lot? If I wanted a press photo signed by the whole band, what do you think I'd have to pay? :)
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Mcam55 wrote:
    im not an expert at all but ive never see Ed sign his name like that, especially in 2009 as the seller claims.

I agree with you, I think it's fake. They obviously put alot of effort into it, with the different pen pressure you can see in each autograph, but all of the signatures seem a bit off.
  • That poster is so fake it's not even funny. I hope you;re not the one that bought it. The only one that is real on the poster is Mike. The seller probably got Mike to sign it and then faked the rest. I tried to report him to ebay, but it won't let you cause it was sold already. I hope no one on here bought that though!
  • stawamusstawamus Posts: 23
    100% fake, not even a doubt
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    stawamus wrote:
    100% fake, not even a doubt
    Agreed
  • grdesigner79grdesigner79 Posts: 186
    100% FAKE, not even close to real!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
    thats a real bollocks fake
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    yeh thats as fake as it gets..

eds been using a euro type E for a yr or 2 now... that "jeff" looks terrible with the "a" in ament also wrong.. stone never signs a "G..." and no idea who Nat Cameron is either.

get a refund if anyone here bought it.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,385
    Personally, and I'm totally confused how anybody would even spend their hard earned money on signed autographed items on eBay or unofficial sites not by the artist. I mean, who do you trust? If I was with my best friend @ a show, I saw him bring that CD/Vinyl etc.. and he got it signed by the artist, let's say Ed. Down the road he's selling his goodies, I would say, hell yeah, I remembered you getting it signed, I was right there with you, sure, I'll buy it off your hands. Would be difficult though if he tried to sell it down the street.

Plus, why would you want to buy a signed autograph item online? Why not get that item signed in person? With all the you-tube.com video clips you can view all these bands getting stalked at all their hotel stays. Try it there, or best outside the arena when they leave. Least if you get it signed, you got it Official by the artist. To put down hundreds of dollars online, hoping & praying it's not fake when it arrives to your doorstep, it's a 50/50 rush. A pass or fail. What would I do? I, wouldn't even spend a dime buying signed goods on eBay even if I was loaded with cash. If it was from their official website, official store, official mailing address of the artist, sure, I'll buy some signed autographed goodies. But never on eBay.
  • joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY