A God that watches over us-real or imagined?

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,041
    Something I learned long ago, never talk about religion or politics while in a bar. This place is much like a bar.

I have a belief system that works for me. And thats all I really need to know. Your belief system is none of my business.

I think I will now go "worship" as Eyed suggests and make me some waffles!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    i think there's something greater than our individual selves but not some old dude guiding everything. religion is too egocentric and as a whole doesn't make sense. like if god is a guy (just a guy can make life? really?) and he creates all of us and he knows everything we will ever do before we are made then he created hitler knowing he'd kill millions of jews, gays, gypsies, europeans...he creates child molestors knowing they will rape kids, he makes those kids knowing they will be raped....if i'm to believe that is true then god is a huge dick. not to mention how the bible contradicts itself and has some messed up things like before god knocked mary up and became a dad if you raped a girl as long as she was a virgin and wasn't married it was ok (provided you paid her dad 50 shekels and married her, talk about women's rights from a god of love, no wonder he date raped mary!)
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'