2010 CD Bootlegs! To buy or not to buy, just yet?

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,389
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I am pretty shocked with the amount of money lost & now thinking it's not even wise to buy any 2010 CD bootlegs until the box set comes out. I'm heartbroken and here's why.

For Pearl Jam's 2009 tour, I bought each & every 28 show's on CD when Santos posted here on the boards that the show was released on CD. Each show costed $16.98 US. And each CD shipped costed $4.50 per CD to Canada. Total amount I spent was $496.92 US for all 28 CD's. Which includes the shipping cost to Canada. Which doesn't include the 4 Philly shows. Today, I bought Pearl Jam's Philly '09 Box Set which only costed $60.00 plus $4.50 US to ship to Canada. Totally shocked only a $4.50 charge for shipping 9 CD's to Canada.

The Grand Total I spent @ the 10club for all 32 show's is $561.42 US. But that's not all, I don't have that custom box set. From http://www.pearljam.com/i/transmissions ... 50510.html (Note: this box will be sold as an empty box). Awesome, more money to spend. So it's gonna be more then $561.42 US of what i've payed. Oh mama!

The shocker today was I found out how much they are selling the 2009 box set which includes the box & all 32 2009 Pearl Jam shows @ only $395 US! What's kicks ass is it's free shipping to USA. I'm not sure how much to ship to Canada but I'm sure it won't be that much. It's a $166.42 lose (maybe more, seeing how much the empty custom box set costs to ship to Canada).

The only heart break & sadness I got is, I want to buy all the 2010 CD's when them come out. I want to play them when I go to work, travel, on the road or @ home. It only took a week to receive the CD's from Kufala. No joke from California to Halifax, that's how long it took. But, if it's a 8 or 9 month wait to purchase the complete box set where I could of saved $160 US bucks, there's no point of buying the CD's right away. Could of used those to buy 10club ticket's or would of put that money on buying another 2009 CD box set. D'oh! :(

*faints
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'm just buying the one I go to...Hartford!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    I think the 2010 boots will be released as a set a lot sooner then 2009.

Not sure why it took months for us to get the Philly boots but nevermind.

I'd go with waiting. There you go, a challenge :lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,389

Don't think I could do it. If there's a Pearl Jam audio bootleg fan's rehab centre, sign me up right away man! crackwhore.gif
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    D, did they say a 2010 box set will be for sale in the future? Maybe another one of your emails can lead you to an answer?
  • early buyers always pay more! thats why i generally dont buy anything new.
    D, did they say a 2010 box set will be for sale in the future? Maybe another one of your emails can lead you to an answer?

I don't see why they won't make a box set for 2010. They did one for '08 & '09. I didn't lose that kind of mula for the '08 bootlegs, cause I didn't really notice when all there was was only 13 show's.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    This is why I held out for them to release the 2009 box set. Was there any indication of when it would ship?
    This is why I held out for them to release the 2009 box set. Was there any indication of when it would ship?

For the box set, there wasn't any word on a date. Had a hunch there would be a box set down the road but didn't know it would of been a saving's of over $160 US bucks, and it includes the custom box! :shock:

Oh well, live & learn!
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,686
    demetrios wrote:

Don't think I could do it. If there's a Pearl Jam audio bootleg fan's rehab centre, sign me up right away man! crackwhore.gif

wait for the 2010 box...

and I am starting to think about getting into a poster & vinyl rehab center :? so that's why I am tryng to stay away of the bootlegs... only philly box set and that's IT :crazy:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    im in the same position with D
    its alot of money the early buy ,but its like life i guess,
    passions,mistakes,bills always get paid..and i made a mistake as it seems buy them early,but i made my passion,and be happy for that,so in the end,im ok..nothing to do now..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    im in the same position with D
    its alot of money the early buy ,but its like life i guess,
    passions,mistakes,bills always get paid..and i made a mistake as it seems buy them early,but i made my passion,and be happy for that,so in the end,im ok..nothing to do now..

True, cause we're both Pearl Jam collectors. We don't turn down Pearl Jam goodies that's right in front of us. It doesn't make any sense. It's unheard of! Oh well, i'll see what happens later on. :|
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i have said this before ......

BUY your stuff ... send it to me ( U.S. address) ...... then ill ship it to you for the cost of shipping ..... i wont open it.. i wont even look at it .. AND when i ship it .. i'll send it as a gift under $20

ITS a WIN WIN
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I hear you Demetrios. I did the same thing only I didn't buy them as soon as they came out. Kinda budgeted a month at a time. Only would buy 3 or 4 a month and stick to that. I look at it this way....not only did I already hear every show in 2009, but I don't have $400 to drop all at once right now. So yeah, I paid a little more for them seperately, but they are paid for and I already enjoyed the shows soon after they were played.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Also you bought burn-to-order cd's right? It looks like the box set they're releasing now are NOT burn-to-order.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    edited May 2010
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Also you bought burn-to-order cd's right? It looks like the box set they're releasing now are NOT burn-to-order.

Which ones, the Philly boots or all the rest of the 09's?

Edit: Since they are coming from Kufala I'm assuming the rest of the 09's will not all of a sudden be different packaging with silver CD's. Maybe the Philly ones will be hard pressed CD's.
    Post edited by youngster on
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Red Lukin wrote:

They are burned to order. Kufala Recordings are the ones releasing the box set.
    joe2468 wrote:
    i have said this before ......

BUY your stuff ... send it to me ( U.S. address) ...... then ill ship it to you for the cost of shipping ..... i wont open it.. i wont even look at it .. AND when i ship it .. i'll send it as a gift under $20

ITS a WIN WIN

I'm gonna think about it. Thanks Joe! :)
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    MrSmith wrote:
    early buyers always pay more! thats why i generally dont buy anything new.

+1

blue ray just isn't that good, yet
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    MrSmith wrote:

+1

I disagree. Big difference in quality, depends on the source material tho.
    MrSmith wrote:

+1

That's what they said about HD-DVD. Mega giants Microsoft & Universal Studios swore it would be the HD of the future. So sad that format is gone.

I gotta see how the 3D Blu-ray discs will be like.
  • smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255

WHAT?!

I guess it depends on the type of equipment you have
    Blu ray is awesome for me, heres why

i have a 52" Sony bravia tv.. one of the best out there
    i have a 7.1 Panasonic 1250 watts blu ray/surround sound system
    also HD DVR and Xbox 360 elite hooked with hdmi for full 1080p

Watching a blu ray of anything filmed in HD will absolutely defeat anything in standard definition. Its like a flac and an mp3. Plus, with blu ray, you get the bonus of full uncompressed sound that's not available else where (DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby True HD) which both use uncompressed sound files for a killer sound experience. I have a kings of leon and nine inch nails blu rays that look and sound WAY better than the dvd counterparts.
    If you think blu ray isnt good yet, you need to check it out on some other equipment.
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    The first year of the bootleg program, 2000 or whatever it was, I bought the entire tour...$800 I think it was. Needless to say I only buy the shows I attend now
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    I'd say wait for the box set. With Pearl Jam Radio on now you really don't need to hear every single live version of every song as soon as it becomes available. I appreciate that it must be annoying when you add up how much you could have saved on the 09 boots but if they are going to be releasing box sets each tour from now on then maybe that's what you should be going for from now on.

"The best things come to those who wait" and all that... :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Slow and easy is always better than wham-bam-thank-you-mam.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    D, for the shows I'm going to, I would gladly hook you up with a copy while you wait for the boxset. I only buy the shows I go to, but I'm sure there'll be other fans out there that would sort you out :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Slow and easy is always better than wham-bam-thank-you-mam.

Sometimes!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    time value of money
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    time value of money

I gonna wait for now on purchasing all the 2010 CD bootlegs. Philly Bootlegs & Pearl Jam radio 24/7 will keep me busy for a while. Can't have everything Pearl Jam right away! Gonna be tough & tempting. I'll see how intense the next few day's get following the next few show's set lists.

Now back to some Philly Bootleg jam's! :)
    Tone wrote:
    D, for the shows I'm going to, I would gladly hook you up with a copy while you wait for the boxset. I only buy the shows I go to, but I'm sure there'll be other fans out there that would sort you out :)

Sweet! :)