2»

Comments

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    What a terrible idea for an article.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Danimal wrote:
    Oh ok. Hhahaha. I misunderstood...I was like "What the hell? You girls can read Cosmo but we can't read Maxim?" :D

UMMMM...Hi! Please reread my posts. Thanks. :p
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    UMMMM...Hi! Please reread my posts. Thanks. :p

I did read your post! And in my reply, it was not referring to you...it was referring to the similar post to yours that took it the step further. :p

yay, I'm a post reader!

(Not that you even brought up, or read my post though, haha, but just incase in the future you do stumble across it. =) )
  • Options
    kent_fkent_f Posts: 28
    I read my first Maxim in 4 years over Christmas (got it as a gag stocking stuffer) and the quality has gone down so drastically, although the quality wasn't exactly amazing in the first place. The airbrushing of the models/celebrities is so obvious that it looks like the photos are drawn, rather than real photos.

Best example: http://www.maxim.com/Danneelharrismarch2008photo1/girls_of_maxim/15021/1143.aspx

This photo is shrunken down for the website. In the magazine it's actually a full page photo. If you look at it, the airbrushing around the neck and cleavage are so obvious you can see pixels and weird shading.
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    hahahahaha!!!!!!!!1

yeah, and Ed is still one of us.......

(well, like us only with a bit more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.........a bit=======a lot)

Yes he is, and that's why he's an easy guy to love from a distance from where my seats are.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    I did read your post! And in my reply, it was not referring to you...it was referring to the similar post to yours that took it the step further. :p

yay, I'm a post reader!

(Not that you even brought up, or read my post though, haha, but just incase in the future you do stumble across it. =) )

Yes, I read your posts and saw that you weren't referring to my post as you were commenting on DUMPING someone simply for having the magazine...and, in my opinion, that's just ridiculous.

P.S. Again, I'll reiterate, I think Maxim has good advice in there about women!! Plus, my cousin was one of the "Hometown Hotties" so it can't be all bad. ;)

• Options
    Yes, I read your posts and saw that you weren't referring to my post as you were commenting on DUMPING someone simply for having the magazine...and, in my opinion, that's just ridiculous.

P.S. Again, I'll reiterate, I think Maxim has good advice in there about women!! Plus, my cousin was one of the "Hometown Hotties" so it can't be all bad. ;)

I hung out with a hometown hottie a few times and then she got too good for me. :p Actually I lost her number, but that's for the better, she was a good girl, just no substance. She was one of those girls that read Cosmo, and only Cosmo, nothing else. I suppose the female counterpart of the males you spoke of. =)

Oh and I used to read Maxim, but I haven't since I got out of school. It was entertaining to flip through the pages for about 5 minutes after reading a text book or gameplans all day. But it lost its flavor quick. It's popular through high school and college kids. And they all read the girl pleasing articles anyway. So I think there is hope in us youth.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Yes he is, and that's why he's an easy guy to love from a distance from where my seats are.

yeah, and THAT is also why.........

when he is done being with model chicks he is going to find me after my 4 kids are raised and ask me out.........

dream.....BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    I hung out with a hometown hottie a few times and then she got too good for me. :p Actually I lost her number, but that's for the better, she was a good girl, just no substance. She was one of those girls that read Cosmo, and only Cosmo, nothing else. I suppose the female counterpart of the males you spoke of. =)

I think you dated my cousin.

• Options
    kent_fkent_f Posts: 28

You like looking at photos of your scantily clad cousin?
  • Options
    I wouldn't necessarily DUMP him for having the magazine, I mean, they do have some good tips on chicks in there...but, I need more substance to a man than just that....I mean, it would be like me just reading Cosmo. (Does that make any sense whatsoever??)

yeah if I were a guy I'd dump a girl who reads cosmo too.
    it says a lot about a person. People are saying I'm against mindless entertainment- not in the least. I read harry potter and I'm the first to admit I can't look away from american idol. But that stuff is harmless. the publications you subscribe to say "hey this is what I have spent my money for a year to read." it should be something you're proud of. I can't figure out what I'm trying to say...I guess the VALUES in Maxim are so screwed up (as is evident by the subject of this thread) that if I guy subscribes to *it* then he subscribes to *them* and I just wouldn't want to be with someone like that.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    And they all read the girl pleasing articles anyway.
    Those were the "good advice" articles I was referring to. :o :eek:

• Options
    writersu wrote:
    yeah, and THAT is also why.........

when he is done being with model chicks he is going to find me after my 4 kids are raised and ask me out.........

dream.....BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when your kids are raised, and Ed asks you out, I'm going to suddenly need parent figures in my life again and you two will adopt me. Dream really BIG! =)
  • Options
    kent_f wrote:
    You like looking at photos of your scantily clad cousin?

jesus-effing-christ. :rolleyes: It's impossible to post ANYthing on this message board.

• Options
    Those were the "good advice" articles I was referring to. :o :eek:

Yeah, I got the drift. ;)

Oh, and I'm glad I called your cousin a good girl, and didn't bash her :p (although I truly had nothing to bash except for the Cosmo and that's all bit.)
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Yeah, I got the drift. ;)

Oh, and I'm glad I called your cousin a good girl, and didn't bash her :p (although I truly had nothing to bash except for the Cosmo and that's all bit.)

She's currently a blackjack dealer at the Playboy Hotel in Vegas. Same chick?

• Options
    She's currently a blackjack dealer at the Playboy Hotel in Vegas. Same chick?

I was just there this past weekend, but didn't stroll by there, so I wouldn't know. As far as I know though, this girl still lives in Long Beach.
  • Options
    jesus-effing-christ. :rolleyes: It's impossible to post ANYthing on this message board.

Yeah it has been a bad morning here, huh? Sheesh no wonder my post count is low, I do better with not replying and just PMing the regular crowd. heh.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Yeah it has been a bad morning here, huh? Sheesh no wonder my post count is low, I do better with not replying and just PMing the regular crowd. heh.

LOL. It's like this everyday on here, which is exactly why I have taken a long hiatus from this place...and may just take another. :rolleyes:

• Options
    LOL. It's like this everyday on here, which is exactly why I have taken a long hiatus from this place...and may just take another. :rolleyes:

I'm with ya on that one.
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465

Most days this place just succeeds in spiking my blood pressure and that's about it.

Immediately dumping someone because they read Maxim and therefore have no values... holy Christ. I just finished reading Helter Skelter (again)... must mean I secretly applaud the Manson family and agree with their tactics.

Some people just take shit far too seriously...
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:
    Most days this place just succeeds in spiking my blood pressure and that's about it.

Immediately dumping someone because they read Maxim and therefore have no values... holy Christ. I just finished reading Helter Skelter (again)... must mean I secretly applaud the Manson family and agree with their tactics.

Some people just take shit far too seriously...

My thoughts EXACTLY! My favorite book is Under the Banner of Heaven, but that doesn't mean I want to run up to Colorado City and marry a guy with 5 wives. :rolleyes: