Options

PJ Radio

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Has there been any talk of possibly broadcasting shows live on PJ radio? Only negatives I can think of if they did, maybe they wouldn't sell as many boots?? Big maybe, I'd still by em'.
    i think the opposite..more people buy boots after listen the shows in the pj radio even the ones didnt think to buy them in the first place
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Concert Flashback to Brisbane, Australia 11/10/06 at 10am Pacific. This one's a keeper!
  • Options
    I tried the other PJ radio link with this one, but no replies.

I've only been able to listen to PJ Radio here and there and only for a few minutes at a time and was wondering if they play ALL acts associated with PJ . . . Temple, Brad, Mad Season, even Soundgarden, etc....
  • Options
    Indifference - Release - Footsteps
    great little threesome there rob 8-)
    my favs
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    who was singing the 8/2/07 Chicago "Black Diamond" cover? Didnt sound like Ed. Sweet cover tho.

Edit: researched & answered: Matt Fuckin Cameron.... u da man!!!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    by jadakid » Nov 10th, '10, 05:57

I've only been able to listen to PJ Radio here and there and only for a few minutes at a time and was wondering if they play ALL acts associated with PJ . . . Temple, Brad, Mad Season, even Soundgarden, etc....

All the ones you've mentioned get played, though Soundgarden not as often as the other three.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Has there been any talk of possibly broadcasting shows live on PJ radio? Only negatives I can think of if they did, maybe they wouldn't sell as many boots?? Big maybe, I'd still by em'.
    i think the opposite..more people buy boots after listen the shows in the pj radio even the ones didnt think to buy them in the first place

clearly the 10c needs to hire me to do some market research.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    81 wrote:

clearly the 10c needs to hire me to do some market research.
    :D I think maybe they should test the idea. Broadcast a few shows and see how it affects sales.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    testing is good :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    justam wrote:
    :D I think maybe they should test the idea. Broadcast a few shows and see how it affects sales.

clearly, you are implying they should book a show for a test. i like how you think. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    81 wrote:
    justam wrote:

clearly, you are implying they should book a show for a test. i like how you think. :lol:
    8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Dancin Barefoot :D:D:D:D:D:D
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    by jadakid » Nov 10th, '10, 05:57

All the ones you've mentioned get played, though Soundgarden not as often as the other three.

Cool, thanks ! That's about what I expected, although I am surprised they'd put any Soundgarden at all considering their success, body of work, etc... They could probably have their own radio station !
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    testing is good :D
    :mrgreen:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    Elvis' Little Sister: a fun surprise!
  • Options
    Cool, thanks ! That's about what I expected, although I am surprised they'd put any Soundgarden at all considering their success, body of work, etc... They could probably have their own radio station !

The only Soundgarden I've ever played here were some songs from The Vic gig and Black Rain the day it was released.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    justam wrote:
    it probably effect sales greatly cause of the recording technology that's out there these days

if any person can take music from youtube clips whose to say any person can't take music from a pj radio live broadcast of a concert and put it on the internet for mass download

it's a cool idea don't get me wrong
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    justam wrote:
    it probably effect sales greatly cause of the recording technology that's out there these days

if any person can take music from youtube clips whose to say any person can't take music from a pj radio live broadcast of a concert and put it on the internet for mass download

quality is important tho. i can't listen to bad recordings. hursts the ears.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    metsfan wrote:
    justam wrote:

Aren't the current bootlegs easy enough to find for free if you don't want to pay for them? I think the quality of the bought ones is way better. CD or FLAC for sure, and the MP3s are 256kbps compared to 128kbps for the radio stream.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    PJ Radio Concert Flashback to Denton, TX 11/11/93 at 10am Pacific
    Post edited by NHiding on
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    PJ Radio Concert Flashback to Melbourne, Australia, 11/13/06 at 10am Pacific.
    awesome :) ..i hope u doing fine buddy!! :)
  • Options
    oops..got my daze confused...melbourne airing on friday. all b rockin' here at mission control. how u b?
  • Options
    im ok.working ,listening pj radio .but got my daze confused as well. what day we are today? :lol:
  • Options
    whatever day it is, its one day closer to a pj tour...whenever that may be.

enjoy the tunes. catch up w/ya later.
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    whatever day it is, its one day closer to a pj tour...whenever that may be.

enjoy the tunes. catch up w/ya later.
    i like the way u think :) ..cheers and get some sleep :)
  • Options
    Concert Flashback to Melbourne, Australia 11/13/06 at 10am Pacific
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Rob,
    I know it's still 2 weeks away,
    but have you got a plan for the Big Thanksgiving weekend yet?
    I'd love to hear some of the shows from 2010...especially Boston, MSG 1 & 2, & Berlin again.
    Let us know what you have in store for us for Turkey Day!!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Rob,
    I know it's still 2 weeks away,
    but have you got a plan for the Big Thanksgiving weekend yet?
    I'd love to hear some of the shows from 2010...especially Boston, MSG 1 & 2, & Berlin again.
    Let us know what you have in store for us for Turkey Day!!! :ugeek:

I guess one can never be stuffed of too many 2010 shows! Good call. I suspect we'll do an all day/night concert orgy on Thanksgiving Day and maybe spread some leftovers out over the weekend. Will keep ya posted. Thanks for the great suggestion.
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I like the sound of that Rob! PJ Radio will make a day with the relatives much more tolerable! :thumbup:
  • Options
    PJ Radio Concert Flashback to Prague 11/15/96 at 11am Pacific.

And yes, it's an audience recording. You'll feel more sweat that way. :mrgreen::mrgreen: