Emek posters!

2»

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    seriously guys, are you all lauding praise onto this because its an emek? or do you all genuinely like this?

to be its a pretty ugly yet detailed poster, would anyone want this on their walls?

something tells me if this was an ames print there would be a lot of urgg comments...but because this is from the poster god, its being worshipped.

Id take Klausens first over this all day long
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    pdalowsky wrote:
    seriously guys, are you all lauding praise onto this because its an emek? or do you all genuinely like this?

to be its a pretty ugly yet detailed poster, would anyone want this on their walls?

something tells me if this was an ames print there would be a lot of urgg comments...but because this is from the poster god, its being worshipped.

I have to agree with you on this one. The writing style of the print (band & date) is the same like many previous prints he's done. One thing I don't like about the print is the same light orange brown colors on the logo, rocks, fishes, vase & their shirts. Hopefully a variant or foil or some other edition EMEK puts out fixes the colors of the print. It was like the printer ran low on colors when printing the posters out, so why not just continue printing those items up using the same light orange brown color. As for the amount of detail drawn work on the fishes, tiny water waves & background sky, it's pretty sweet!
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    I am a bit disappointed as well. Expected a knockout, but this one is among his less interesting pieces of late. Great drawing though!
    I will swallow poison
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    meh...looks like pretty "average" to me. One of Emek's worst... :lol:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    pdalowsky wrote:

I am in total agreement with you.

I am usually the first person who is "gaga" over EMEK's work, however, I am not in love with this piece. "ugly yet detailed" is a fantastic description.

I want my poster from New Orleans, so dissapointed when I didn't get one at the show. That will be on my walls for sure.

FYI- I read on expresso beans that he is not doing any foils or varients on this one. Not sure if that's from a legit source, but I read it. Usually his foils are up on eBay within a day or so.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    I loooveee the detail but is not like we haven't seem something like this from Emek, he has done more creative work than this one, but that said "ugly yet detailed" is a very fair description ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    shep wrote:
    FYI- I read on expresso beans that he is not doing any foils or varients on this one. Not sure if that's from a legit source, but I read it. Usually his foils are up on eBay within a day or so.

I'm pretty shocked there! No foil, varient, cream paper edition etc ... :shock:
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    demetrios wrote:
    shep wrote:

I'm pretty shocked there! No foil, varient, cream paper edition etc ... :shock:

Maybe he doesn't care because he knows that he will sale a shit load of this poster no matter what ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    shep wrote:

That's interesting....I was really hoping for 2 or 3 variants, usually I like those better than the original, at least in some cases (the sonic youth poster sunset from this year is a perfect example) at any rate, Emek can be a little hit or miss, but I still like it. two of my favorite bands and the quality of his actual drawing, etc. is fantastic. I need it!
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    So who's gonna help me get a print?
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    A big thank you to TeddyLedBetter - Emek print arrived in perfect condition. Love me some Emek. :D Thanks again may, let me know if I can return the favor!
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Ok wrote:
    shep wrote:

That's interesting....I was really hoping for 2 or 3 variants, usually I like those better than the original, at least in some cases (the sonic youth poster sunset from this year is a perfect example) at any rate, Emek can be a little hit or miss, but I still like it. two of my favorite bands and the quality of his actual drawing, etc. is fantastic. I need it!

i got that same email... the band only gave the artist 100 prints to sell .... as for the justin hampton print ..they ran 1,000 sold 600 at the show gave 100 to justin and will be selling about 200 at the end of the tour sale .. i think the EMEKS went the same way ....
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes