First Post..Please play..yes a request (Indy)*updating pg1*

MyAngelMyAngel Posts: 27
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hey everyone! As I was washing dishes this morning I had alot of time to think about how amazing these guys are, especially after reading the follow up on the request from the boy for his dad. I'm fairly convinced now that the guys DID get this message and he did intend that dedication for me. And I just really wanted to thank the band and everyone on here for making that happen. The fact that this happened has put a smile on my face every single day at least once! I didn't even ask for a dedication, just a song so hearing him say what he said was a massive bonus for me! I can't even begin to explain the pain I have been through, and it is so nice to have something to listen to that can help take the edge off, even if just for a little while. It's been just over three months now since all of this happened and to some that feels like quite awhile ago, but for me it feels like just yesterday.

I've contemplated for awhile on posting a picture of my two little miracles. I am so proud of both of them, and would love to share a picture of the two little forever sisters. So, here they are, Lillian Pearl and Norah Helen
014.jpg

Once again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Hi everyone! I've never posted before, but thought I'd give this a shot.
Ok, here's the story: My husband and I just had our second daughter back in February. She passed away at four days old. We went the whole pregnancy thinking everything was great, multiple ultrasounds never showed any problems. When she was born there were problems immediately seen and once she was diagnosed we knew she would not survive. She was an amazing little girl, that fought so hard to give us those four days. My husband and I are going through the most horrendous times of our lives right now. After this Indy concert was announced I had something to look forward to, and I've been counting down the days ever since!

PJ has been involved in just about every part of us and our relationship (we even met at an Italian Pearl Jam cover band concert while stationed in Italy!). Norah was at the first Chicago concert this last summer while in my belly. Our first daughter was in my belly when we flew from Italy to Vegas to see you guys (her middle name is Pearl). I have listened to and loved you guys for the majority of my life!

Anyway, at sweet Norah's funeral we played Just Breathe..my husband and I went back and forth on whether to play Just Breathe or Long Road (which you opened with when we saw you with Norah). And it would mean the world to me to hear either of those in Indy this Friday. I know you probably get tons of these requests, and I know everyone has a story to each of your songs. I just cannot even begin to say how amazing this would be for us right now.
Thanks for reading everyone.
Indy '98 '00 and '10
No shows in between, lived in Italy while doing the whole Air Force thing
Las Vegas '06 (pregnant with 1st daughter!)
Chicago '09 (pregnant with 2nd daughter!)
Massive fan since 1992
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Hope you get your song(s), I think you have a really good shot of Just Breath getting played.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I really don't know what to say....that even a sorry would make me feel even worse, especially as a parent of four.

I wish you best of luck with either (or even both) of your song requests and hoping you and your husband have a great time this Friday!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    MyAngel, I really hope you get these songs... I will go one step further and hope that Ed dedicates Just Breathe to Norah.. I will be there crying along beside you when/if it happens.. I am so deeply moved by your story of strength during such pain.. I also hope we get a rockin' joyous set.. Believe me.. You and I both need some rockin' tunes to forget our deep loss for a little while.. (My mother passed in early November.. My last call to her was to let her know I has home safe, tired, but elated from the Philly Halloween show) Much love to you and your family.. Brad
  • Jesus that story just crushed me.. Heres to hoping Ed gets wind of this and both songs are played in Indy..
  • MyAngelMyAngel Posts: 27
    Thanks everyone for the support. Isn't it amazing the way a band can follow you and be almost a soundtrack for where you are in your life? Through all my ups and downs these guys have been right there. This is by far one of the most devastating things I could have ever imagined going through, and I swear just putting some of their music on while I am alone and sad at night seems to make things feel so much better. 1 in 10,000..those are the odds of having a baby being born with what she had. A complete random occurence.

Soul crushing...
    Indy '98 '00 and '10
    Massive fan since 1992
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    Wow, I have 4 kids, 6-15 and just couldnt imagine. I bet you will get one of those. Never know, might get both.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
    Shameless bump here..Just hoping that somehow, someway someone sees this and is able to pass my request along.

I'm so excited for this show, I can barely stand it!
    Indy '98 '00 and '10
    Massive fan since 1992
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i endoress this request
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    That is terrible... I'll be watching the set list thread intently for Indy now :) . Hope they get played
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i hope the band plays both songs for you and your husband

sorry for your loss

(((hugs)))
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    bump
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    long road is, by far, their best opener.

hope you get to hear it.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead...

Fingers crossed for Long Road and Just Breathe in Indy. I'm really sorry for your loss. Put's my own complaining in perspective.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    supportive bump
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    hope you get your song. so sorry for your loss.

keep your head up,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Thanks guys, really looking forward to tomorrow night! I'm going to be so sad when it's over as usual. The last time I saw these guys I was pregnant with Norah, so I will be remembering that time hardcore tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for thinking of us
    Indy '98 '00 and '10
    Massive fan since 1992
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Crushing story, so sorry for you and your husbands loss, If you think about it just breathe should be played almost every night, and they always open with long road at least once a tour, and they havn't yet, so your chances are good, even if the band dosn't find out.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    81 wrote:
    i endoress this request

add my support as well
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Bump
    Bump
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Let this lady make the whole friggin setlist.

The thing with PJ, even if they don't play the specific requests, they'll offer somethin else that's just as/more moving.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Let this lady make the whole friggin setlist.

The thing with PJ, even if they don't play the specific requests, they'll offer somethin else that's just as/more moving.

Great point. Every show has a moment that grabs a hold of you in one way or another. But I'll be watching the set list tonight and hoping for a Long Road opener and Just Breathe. A very unlikely appearance of Around the Bend might also be fitting. But like you said, no matter what, tonight should offer up a chance to either honor someone or just forget about life for a while - and probably both. And there's absolutely no doubt that tonight will bring something to smile about.

• DDowning21NJDDowning21NJ Posts: 106
    I Support This cause
    A Compliment For Us Is A Compliment For You

Hartford 05/15/10, Newark 05/18/10, MSG I 05/20/10, MSG II 05/21/10
    Bump

• hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 583
    hope you get your songs!
  • I couldn't agree more. I hope you get your request and much much more. I feel for you and will be thinking of you in following the setlist from afar.
    MyAngel wrote:
    Thanks everyone for the support. Isn't it amazing the way a band can follow you and be almost a soundtrack for where you are in your life? Through all my ups and downs these guys have been right there. This is by far one of the most devastating things I could have ever imagined going through, and I swear just putting some of their music on while I am alone and sad at night seems to make things feel so much better. 1 in 10,000..those are the odds of having a baby being born with what she had. A complete random occurence.

Soul crushing...
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    You gotta believe, hearing stories over the years about Eddie putting together the setlist specifically for certain people in attendance, or a story such as this, that IF he has heard about this, they will open with Long Road tonight. Like last night with Come Back for the young man missing from Columbus, OH. I really hope someone with access to him has read this and tells him before the show tonight. I'm hoping you get your songs.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :D

hope you enjoyed the song and didn't cry to much when they played it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm just checking in on here for the first time in the last few days and I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your support. I had a freaking amazing time!!! I did get Just Breathe, and he even started to dedicate it to someone just before the song, so yeah, I liked imagining he was actually singing it right to me. There were alot of tears for me through the entire show.

I had such an amazing time, it's always so wonderful being amongst other massive fans! So sad it's over, I look very much forward to the next time around.
    Indy '98 '00 and '10
    Massive fan since 1992
  • ereeper1ereeper1 Posts: 233
    I think he was dedicating it to you. I read your request before the show and when he talked about the person would know who it was being dedicated too makes me pretty sure it was for you.