2010 Tour Goods

Comments

• Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    JV130312 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/123345

Nijmegen poster was already released last night to the public! :shock:

It's okay. I'll tell you what, Ames Bros. has stepped it up (as far as Ames goes) from the crap they were putting out. I could see this in their '98 lineup and being quite popular back then. Unfortunately for them, I think Ames took a real hit overall when Pearl Jam let Klausen in on the deal. Klausen has raised the bar and Ames hasn't been able to reach it...but I'm not telling you anything you don't know.
    Couldn't resist bought the SUB with all the discounts 195 plus shipping not bad for 4 show prints and one art print.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    JV130312 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

It's okay. I'll tell you what, Ames Bros. has stepped it up (as far as Ames goes) from the crap they were putting out. I could see this in their '98 lineup and being quite popular back then. Unfortunately for them, I think Ames took a real hit overall when Pearl Jam let Klausen in on the deal. Klausen has raised the bar and Ames hasn't been able to reach it...but I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

you mean stepped it down.
    ames keeps dissapointing now when at one point they rocked it. with the exception of MSG II this year. that one was cool. but with each show they do lately it's like ugghhh.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,522
    The problem is Ames Bros clearly doesnt have the talent, or will, that for example Klausen has. Their stuff are rarely detailed or well thought through. Allways seems lazy and fastly done, not worthy of 30euros. But Klausens stuff allways seems like he has put time, effort and energy on the piece.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,666
    demetrios wrote:

LOVE the comic book-look and the dark foreboding of the scene :mrgreen: ....fucking HATE the tom tomorrow see thru man :evil: .
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    The problem is Ames Bros clearly doesnt have the talent, or will, that for example Klausen has. Their stuff are rarely detailed or well thought through. Allways seems lazy and fastly done, not worthy of 30euros. But Klausens stuff allways seems like he has put time, effort and energy on the piece.

I wouldn't go as far as to say AMES doesn't have talent-because they have produced some great stuff in the past. However for the last several years, everytime I look at the majority of their posters, I feel like they don't even try because they know PJ will continue to hire them.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say AMES doesn't have talent-because they have produced some great stuff in the past. However for the last several years, everytime I look at the majority of their posters, I feel like they don't even try because they know PJ will continue to hire them.

Comparing their stuff with Klausens does make them look like talentless. Of all the people since 2006 who has made PJ posters thy are without a doubt in the bottom. Compare a Ames print with a Klausen print and it makes you want to cry.

The "worst" Klausen print I've seen is the Copenhagen 2007 one (if that is Klausen?)... it's too empty and a boring colour scheme.... but other than that he allways brings it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    The "worst" Klausen print I've seen is the Copenhagen 2007 one (if that is Klausen?)... it's too empty and a boring colour scheme.... but other than that he allways brings it.

Copenhagen is not his best, but I think Denver '06 is worse. It's just fugly:

http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php ... id=33&pg=1

Actually, it kind of looks like an '03 Ames!
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    DS114969 wrote:

Comparing their stuff with Klausens does make them look like talentless. Of all the people since 2006 who has made PJ posters thy are without a doubt in the bottom. Compare a Ames print with a Klausen print and it makes you want to cry.

I feel like crying when Ames does print for a show that I'm attending. There really is no comparison between Ames and Klausen. Klausen's prints are beautiful. Ames consistently has the ugliest art I have ever seen. I know art is subjective but I just don't get most of Ames stuff lately. I feel bad for saying so as some Ames people might see this but that is my opinion. I've loved a lot of their stuff from the past but just not feeling the new designs. I'm really glad that the band now has other artists doing the posters.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    corduroy10 wrote:
    I think Denver '06 is worse. It's just fugly:

Yeah. It's not good looking. But seems atleast thought was put into it, so I can respect Klausens choice even though it misfired. Amen Bros are still worse. But I forgot to mention, Tom Tomorrow (which has a very unattractive drawing style) really messed up those Spectrum posters.

But generally I don't understand the randomness of concert posters. Like "do a poster for Copenhagen, but feel free to do whatever you want.. as long as it something and we can take 30euros for it". Is that some dadaistic statement?

I personally think the poster should have some meaning or purpose - not just be some random drawing.

Like:

1. Have something to do with the place they are playing. Like a show in Sweden could have Viking or a show in Moscow can be inspired by old propaganda art.

2. Have something to do with Pearl Jam. Like we are doing 11 shows this Leg, let's have every poster be inspired by one of the 11 songs from Backspacer.

3. Have something to do with the bands political or social opinions or just something current/relevant. (like the neocon posters). This could date the posters, but also keep a history of where the band was in that time.

4. Or just have something to do with the band (like the Ames MCcready poster - which I though was going to be a series with all the band members)

I just feel its to random now, it doesn't mean anything... for the artist, for pearl ja or for me. Like the London poster "Well I'm thinking about this London poster. I would really like to have this random big red mammuth. And then I'm gonne add some random pills at the bottom, just to complete it"
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237

I personally think the poster should have some meaning or purpose - not just be some random drawing.

4. Or just have something to do with the band (like the Ames MCcready poster - which I though was going to be a series with all the band members)

I just feel its to random now, it doesn't mean anything...

I totally agree with your post.
    Now, the Newark poster can be taken as fitting for New Jersey though. A few different ways. First with the scuba tank = since it’s a coastal state, big on ocean communities. Or……….. like a slight . like how the cliché is that New Jersey is a little stinky smelling due to the oil companies/landfills that dot it’s landscape = so he needs the tank for fresh air! Toxic green! Insides! So I think it is fitting. Not making fun of Jersey (I love it, I surf it!) just that’s what I think the artist was going for. Or how I see it. Not sure how McCready fits into the whole picture. ?? But he is awesome after all. It can be a funny thing him being there? Anway maybe we we’ll see other members turn up in future posters.
  • Options
    Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Canberra Posts: 266
    Has anybody got pics of the show specific shirts so far?

Or any that are specific to the European leg of 2010 tour?

Thanks. :oops: :D
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    Jezz.... I love what I've seen so far about Euro Tour goods....
    I still do not know what I'll buy this saturday in Arras :P
    -- rafa
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659

I think you need to pay a little more attention. I think Ames will work their way through the entire band eventually... On the Australian tour last year they did one that was Jeff half zombie skateboarding... I have a copy of that one and love it.... I need to get myself a copy of that Newark one of Mike as well, but my recent love affair with all things EMEK has drawn my dollars elsewhere.... Of course we know the one of Ed when they get to it will be an instant sell out... but hey, can't win 'em all.

Don't understand the hate coming out on this print. This is one of my favorite Klausen's... Love the graphic image, the hammer/anvil thing just works for me... but as always, art is in the eye of the beholder....

DS114969 wrote:
    I feel like crying when Ames does print for a show that I'm attending. There really is no comparison between Ames and Klausen. Klausen's prints are beautiful. Ames consistently has the ugliest art I have ever seen. I know art is subjective but I just don't get most of Ames stuff lately. I feel bad for saying so as some Ames people might see this but that is my opinion. I've loved a lot of their stuff from the past but just not feeling the new designs. I'm really glad that the band now has other artists doing the posters.

I've gotten lucky on the last couple of tours... Have gotten 2 Klausen's (Toronto and New Orleans), a Munk One (Boston), a Hampton (Hartford), and only one Ames (well 2 posters, 1 show at ACL)... which I actually like and is framed on my wall (the cowboy/squirt gun - not the campers)...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,858
    Berlin poster is gonna be sold this Saturday afternoon. http://www.douze.de/index.php3?page=done-gigposters Sign up for his newsletter for more info! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Berlin poster is gonna be sold this Saturday afternoon. http://www.douze.de/index.php3?page=done-gigposters Sign up for his newsletter for more info! :)

The Them Crooked Vultures poster is almost exactly the same just a bird instead of an elephant
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    JoeTzuJoeTzu Posts: 88
    demetrios wrote:

Do you happen to know what time? EST. Thakyou
    Tickle my nausea
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,858
    JoeTzu wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I'm not sure yet. Lars said he will email all who are on his newsletter with all the info soon on the sale.
  • Options
    Thanks.
    I wonder if he knows his website is going to crash on Saturday?
    Due to all of the traffic.
    Tickle my nausea
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    Any pics of the Berlin T shirt?
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    JoeTzu wrote:
    Thanks.
    I wonder if he knows his website is going to crash on Saturday?
    Due to all of the traffic.

For that? It's not crashing...lol...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:
    For that? It's not crashing...lol...

I hope you're right, I dig it!!!
    demetrios wrote:
    JoeTzu wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I'm not sure yet. Lars said he will email all who are on his newsletter with all the info soon on the sale.

hello,
    thanks for your interest. the PJ and the Slayer posters
    going onsale on saturday afternoon, before soccer match...
    cheers, lars
    Tickle my nausea
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    1vs5 wrote:
    Any pics of the Berlin T shirt?
    not worth it. same as everywhere else. except the flyer shirt is differtent from city to city. i bought none. very dissappointing.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135

hi. where did you get this one?? has it been sold on the us tour?? or can i buy it somewhere else. amazing!!! i want one!!!! europe tour merch was poor. please answer me
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    demetrios wrote:
    mrk2 wrote:

That is so awesome how they have the shirts up like that!
    yes agreed

msg looked like they just threw em up on the wall at 4pm and said hey where open for business.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    damnaxe wrote:

hi. where did you get this one?? has it been sold on the us tour?? or can i buy it somewhere else. amazing!!! i want one!!!! europe tour merch was poor. please answer me

Greetings friend! I got this at the wishlist foundation pre-party before the 5-21 msg show. There were several organizations reprsenting different charities and each had their own pj related merch. This pickholder keychain was as the TEAM McCREADY table. I really wanted to get a TM pick shirt but there were only down to XXL.

There was an animal rights type group. I believe advocating for shelter dogs. They had a very cool riot act-dog face shirt and a beautiful calander that featured musicians and their dogs (pets?).

There also was a super cool hawaiian themed tshirt that had all the band members as little tiki gods. Loved that art.

I am a guitar player and full time guitar teacher, I also own my own music school so I HAD to get the pick and case. LOVE IT!!!
    Glad you like it too. I can't link u right now cause I'm on my phone. But maybe TM still has some online? It was 18 bucks.
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    Tickle my nausea
  • Options
    mrbungle_mrbungle_ Posts: 2
    Berlin Tee
    berlin2010.jpg
  • Options
    mrbungle_ wrote:
    Berlin Tee
    berlin2010.jpg

Ugh! Lee! That guys stuff is freakin horrible!!!! I absolutely hate the folded paper "effect" on these shirts. Its looks soo cheap. It practically ruins my "taking down the spectrum" shirt. And this guy has done EVERY shirt for EVERY show this tour?! Horrendous. Very little thought put into these and NO effort.

Imagine if a good artists had done the run. Or trade off like poster artists. Having one bad artist do everything is just a trail of shit. What a shock after the quality and coolness of the sports shirts. They look terrible when worn as well. So cheap looking.

Again - HATE the folded paper look!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    4757122769_65869d8fcf_m.jpg

4757122625_490ea756c6_m.jpg
    Nature drunk and High