• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,572
    Nova Scotia has great taste! ;)
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    gndcd402 wrote:
    :):):):):):)
    Sidney Crosby likes Pearl Jam

do we know this for sure??
  • FenwickFenwick Posts: 43
    Sid was also a Montreal fan growing up...

GO HABS GO
    GO HABS GO
    GO HABS GO
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Go Penguins!! :D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • maniskermanisker Posts: 6
    Sid is a CHAMP. Ovie is a CHUMP. Let's Go Pens!!!!!
  • i prefer Ovechkin...i don't follow hockey all that much (though i do know about the Crosby/Ovechkin rivalry) so this post is probably not that credible, but i've always admired Ovechin's skill as a player over Crosby...and plus, i don't root for players that take away gold medals from the US...despite the fact both Ovechkin and Crosby are on my created team on NHL 2K10
  • I went drinking with Ovie once. True story.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    Sid is a winner, no doubt about it...2 straight finals, one stanley cup, Olympic gold medal winning OT goal...Ovie has made it to the second round once, just once. The Caps blew a 3-1 lead to the #8 seed. Looks like Pens in the finals 3 years in a row. GO PENS!
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    I went drinking with Ovie once. True story.

Did he spray you w/ ice before you shared a cold one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEajRuKGm5Q

Ovie is a Choker! Sid is a Leader!

LET'S GO PENS!!!!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    O V E R OVENCHOKEN!!!!!!!!!!
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    First of all... Ovechkin is by far the superior hockey talent. Gary Bettman (prez of the NHL) forced his little love child (Sidney Crosby) down everyone's throat through media and all his crap. Which I think is the reason most people hate Crosby. My reason is he is a whiney little bitch. If he doesn't get his way, i.e. losing to my Red Wings 4-2 in the 2008 Finals, he cried like a little baby whining that the refs didn't call any penalties. Boo-f*cking-hoo.

Sidney Crosby SUCKS! Ovechkin is much better, even though his surrounding teammates aren't.

Anyway......

GO WINGS!!!!!!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    gndcd402 wrote:
    :):):):):):)
    Sidney Crosby likes Pearl Jam
    I'm pretty sure he is a much bigger fan of his Canadian brethren, Nickleback.
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    First of all... Ovechkin is by far the superior hockey talent. Gary Bettman (prez of the NHL) forced his little love child (Sidney Crosby) down everyone's throat through media and all his crap. Which I think is the reason most people hate Crosby. My reason is he is a whiney little bitch. If he doesn't get his way, i.e. losing to my Red Wings 4-2 in the 2008 Finals, he cried like a little baby whining that the refs didn't call any penalties. Boo-f*cking-hoo.

Sidney Crosby SUCKS! Ovechkin is much better, even though his surrounding teammates aren't.

Anyway......

GO WINGS!!!!!!

what was crosby 19 or 20 in 2008? he's won the cup and the gold medal and the hart since then. i can't remember... who was it that the penguins beat in the finals last year?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    what was crosby 19 or 20 in 2008? he's won the cup and the gold medal and the hart since then. i can't remember... who was it that the penguins beat in the finals last year?

really ... why take the bait? ... anyone who thinks crosby sucks is out to lunch ... you can say you hate a guy for whatever reason but he's a great hockey player and this year i would say he's the best ... by the ever so slightest margin over ovechkin ...
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Did he spray you w/ ice before you shared a cold one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEajRuKGm5Q
    Haha, what a douche. I love it when a guy with that little class gets exactly what he deserves (*cough* Hossa *cough*)...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    Those who think ovechkin is better than crosby either have an inferiority complex because our Penguins beat you or you just totally don't understand hockey. Crosby was by far the best in the league this year with Sedin right behind him. These guys are all around players that play offense and defense(a word not in Ovechkins vocabulary). Ovechkin knows only one aspect of the game, how to shoot the puck. Its not hard to rack up goals when you consistently lead the league in shots and play ZERO defense. It frustrates me so much to just watch him try to camp out behind the opposing teams defense. Plus he is all for himself on the ice...and this inability to see the game as a team sport cost them the series last night. He tried to force shots everytime he had possession instead of looking to pass.

Crosby is a better player and person. How many photographers has Sid punched? How many Make-a-Wish kids has Sid iced? How many games was Sid suspended this year? Sid=classiest player in pro sports. Ovechkin/Roethlisberger=pure scum
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    gndcd402 wrote:
    Those who think ovechkin is better than crosby either have an inferiority complex because our Penguins beat you or you just totally don't understand hockey. Crosby was by far the best in the league this year with Sedin right behind him. These guys are all around players that play offense and defense(a word not in Ovechkins vocabulary). Ovechkin knows only one aspect of the game, how to shoot the puck. Its not hard to rack up goals when you consistently lead the league in shots and play ZERO defense. It frustrates me so much to just watch him try to camp out behind the opposing teams defense. Plus he is all for himself on the ice...and this inability to see the game as a team sport cost them the series last night. He tried to force shots everytime he had possession instead of looking to pass.

Crosby is a better player and person. How many photographers has Sid punched? How many Make-a-Wish kids has Sid iced? How many games was Sid suspended this year? Sid=classiest player in pro sports. Ovechkin/Roethlisberger=pure scum

I'll let you have your argument that Sidney is a better player but to say sidney crosby is the classiest player in pro sports is nuts. Crosby whines like a little baby and flops like a 2bit whore. he whines and flops so much he should be playing soccer. not taking anything away from him as a star but the whining and flopping is a load of crap and keeps him from being 'classy' in my opinion.

i could name a hell of a lot of athlethes classier than Sidney Crosby.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    pjhawks wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

I'll let you have your argument that Sidney is a better player but to say sidney crosby is the classiest player in pro sports is nuts. Crosby whines like a little baby and flops like a 2bit whore. he whines and flops so much he should be playing soccer. not taking anything away from him as a star but the whining and flopping is a load of crap and keeps him from being 'classy' in my opinion.

Not to mention the opposite of an inferiority complex is the superiority complex ;)
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    pjhawks wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

You obviously haven't watched Sid in the last few years. His rookie season he may have whined a lot but not since then. Sure he talks to the referee a lot but last I checked that's what a good captain does. By your name I am assuming you are a Blackhawk fan....Toews talks to the referee all the time too so does that mean he's whining?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    agree 100% with you that crosby is the better player.

but let's not get out of hand with the classiest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wqR17KrLKw
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Holy shit......a fight and scrum at a hockey game.....those animals.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • pjhawks wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

Ummm yeah.... this isn't 2006. Anyone that age who is thrown into the spotlight is going to have growing pains. He has totally changed his game since then, especially in being captain (which, by the way, is why he talks to the refs since that's a captain's job).

He has proven himself many times as the best overall player in the league and when people accused him of racking up assists to win scoring titles (cough*Sedin*cough), he goes out and leads the league in goals.

Sidney Crosby has the best resume at anyone his age in professional team sports. Ever.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I recall Capt. Crosby not shaking hands with the Red Wings after last year's game 7. Super Classy.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Why does it always end up in a Crosby vs Ovechkin argument? I am a Pens fan, and have been since the late 80's, so I am partial to Crosby.

But, I do enjoy watching both of them... Ovechkin is a super talented player who plays a different position than Crosby, so the defensive responsibilities are a little different. Ovechkin is the best pure scorer in the league hands down.

Remember the drought of incoming talent in the late 90's-early 2000's, we are so luck to have so many young superstars in the league right now.

I do think that the gap between Crosby and Ovechkin will get bigger over the years. I grew up watching amazing players like Mario and Jagr on a nightly basis, and I only wish that they had the dedication and drive that Crosby has. He truly is wired differently than most of us, and will constantly work to improve every aspect of his game. It's scary that he's only 23 years old, and most players don't hit their primes until their mid-late 20's.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Jason P wrote:
    I recall Capt. Crosby not shaking hands with the Red Wings after last year's game 7. Super Classy.

He did, but not quick enough for some of the red wings who hurried off the ice... If I remember correctly, the line started while Crosby was pulled aside for an interview.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Jason P wrote:

Yeah that was discussed in detail when it happened. He was in the line and shook hands, but because NBC or whoever was trying to get the first interview, he missed a few players that were at the front. Certainly wasn't intentional and anyone who watched the whole thing go down would see that.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    As the city here in DC mourns the loss by the Caps nothing in the Canadiens series surprised me. BTW they're saying this is the worst loss in DC sports history.

Back to Ovie who is a great player with Crosby being slightly better. The problem that i saw with the Capitals was that they were a poorly constructed team for the playoffs. They were constructed for the division they played in and defense wasn't the fortay to win that division. Offense was therefore the Caps dominated the division/conference but left them flawed for the playoffs. Worse they came up against a solid, stable defense orientated team in Montreal who were strong on the power play and dominating on the penality kill. Even worse an over the top splended goaltending from Halak and the series was over given the Habs a chance in a game 7. The Caps and Ovechkin have one more year to get this done or this team needs to be imploded.

That said bring on the FLYERS, I'm rooting I can't believe i'm saying this but I'm Go Habs and then a conference final of Bruins/Canadiens. Now that would be great.

...LETS-GO-BRUINS-animated-icon.gif Go kick some ass. common001.gifcheer.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    gndcd402 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

You obviously haven't watched Sid in the last few years. His rookie season he may have whined a lot but not since then. Sure he talks to the referee a lot but last I checked that's what a good captain does. By your name I am assuming you are a Blackhawk fan....Toews talks to the referee all the time too so does that mean he's whining?

actually I am a Flyers fan and I've watched Crosby plenty - he still is a whiner crier and a diver. great player though, not taking that away from him but just not a big fan of his.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Sidney Crosby has the best resume at anyone his age in professional team sports. Ever.

that's a bit of a bold statement considering he's not the best at his age in his own sport

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Gretzky
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    lukin2006 wrote:

Holy shit......a fight and scrum at a hockey game.....those animals.

really man? did you not see the two huge upper cuts from behind to the guy's nuts?

or the bertuzzi like punch to the back of the head?

blinders.