amoungst the waves is the new single then?

pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Judging by the new promos surfacing....

surprised as fully expected this to be unthought known.

maybe old news, but its news to me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Judging by the new promos surfacing....

surprised as fully expected this to be unthought known.

maybe old news, but its news to me

To me too! I saw the first promo on ebay today!! :o
    Another must have...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
    think we might have a queue on this one!!

best to wait a few weeks to be honest.

the fixer one sold for $250 at first and now sells for $9.99, - but of course it is a gamble
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i dont understand why they dont do the best song of the album - unthought known..
    amongst is the second best,so ok..and must have for sure, :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i dont understand why they dont do the best song of the album - unthought known..

I agree D, Unknown is the best tune on the record, but its not the one for mass appeal, its a great PJ track which is why we love it but i think they are going for that wider audience again...Just breathe style - which by the way is my second fave on the record....

thinking about it - BS is a very strong record still, having already released fixer, got some, just breathe, supersonic, now amoungst the waves and maybe UK is the second a side again....that right there is one hell of a run of songs....impressive....people can say what they like about this record, but its easily standing the test of time to me.

Exciting to hear also the band have been back rehearsing new material too.....this info was given out to a friend who met Mike in the last week
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    pdalowsky wrote:
    think we might have a queue on this one!!

best to wait a few weeks to be honest.

the fixer one sold for $250 at first and now sells for $9.99, - but of course it is a gamble

Oh, you are looking for that one too? Ok, i think thats a silly question to ask a die hard collector! :)
    You are absolutely right, regarding the other promos (fixer, just breathe, got some) it was much cheaper to wait!
    Oh man, there are sooo many promos i am looking for! Never ending story!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    pdalowsky wrote:

I agree D, Unknown is the best tune on the record, but its not the one for mass appeal, its a great PJ track which is why we love it but i think they are going for that wider audience again...Just breathe style - which by the way is my second fave on the record....

thinking about it - BS is a very strong record still, having already released fixer, got some, just breathe, supersonic, now amoungst the waves and maybe UK is the second a side again....that right there is one hell of a run of songs....impressive....people can say what they like about this record, but its easily standing the test of time to me.

Exciting to hear also the band have been back rehearsing new material too.....this info was given out to a friend who met Mike in the last week
    at london we will listen it live :D ,,btw the amongst the wave single will be uk pressing?or ten club one?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pdalowsky wrote:

at london we will listen it live :D ,,btw the amongst the wave single will be uk pressing?or ten club one?

maybe just a radio release?
    pdalowsky wrote:
    why only radio? :roll:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    why only radio? :roll:

because this is what happened to the fixer and just breathe in the states, i think the days of the single are dead over there....save you being the last major release. and I dont think we'll see another Uk release

i think its purely a little bit of marketing for the new tour
  • why isnt anyone admitting that Force of Nature is the best song on the album? More radio friendly than Unthought Known too!
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
    why isnt anyone admitting that Force of Nature is the best song on the album? More radio friendly than Unthought Known too!
    there was 100 threads about best Backspacer best song .in ALL Unthought Known was number 1,even in tv show they choose it for soundtrack..its their backspacer best song,and its so easy that everybody can understant it.
  • why isnt anyone admitting that Force of Nature is the best song on the album? More radio friendly than Unthought Known too!
    I think this song is right behind Unthought Known as the best song IMO.

Personally, I thing Amongst the Waves is the cheesiest song on the album. :|
    NERDS!
    there was 100 threads about best Backspacer best song .in ALL Unthought Known was number 1,even in tv show they choose it for soundtrack..its their backspacer best song,and its so easy that everybody can understant it.

ya know...admitting is the first step.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    I gotta say it, don't hate me, but Unthought and Force of Nature are boring and cheesy!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    [quote="pdalowsky Exciting to hear also the band have been back rehearsing new material too.....this info was given out to a friend who met Mike in the last week[/quote]

Thanks for the info!!! Hopefully that EP that Mike was talking about will be coming out this year! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    Great idea for a summer song. Hope it's a big hit for the band.