NO MORE HOLIDAY SINGLE?!?! WTF it's almost MAY???

2»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    LONGWAVE wrote:
    So I guess there will be a SINGLE this year?

I would hopefully think so. It will be one year, May 09, 2009, since we got last year's single in the mail. If we have no official word after May 10th 2010, then there's a delay or something extra in the works. But what do I know. I don't work for the 10club. Though someday, I hope I do! :mrgreen:

ps .. sweet! This marks my 13,000th post on the 10club board. Excellent! :mrgreen:
  • LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    13000 congrats man!
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    What exactly are they protecting people from? Every time I have ever bought tickets from ticketmaster it has been super easy and their it sounds like people who buy from the goods section can't say the same thing.
    Pearl Jam stopped doing these two things long long ago my friend!

I've seen 50 shows and seen them every year since 2003, so you cant tell me they dont tour (yes, they dont hit the entire country anymore) and I have never been shutout of 10C tix other than the Vic. Meanwhile, all of my experiences with TM for arena shows have sucked (nosebleeds even though I was on and in within seconds). I'd say that I get my money's worth and without 10C I would never have had some (most) of my greatest concert experiences.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    just keep touring PJ, just keep touring...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Rossum20 wrote:
    just keep touring PJ, just keep touring...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • im already letting mine lapse. not out of any sense of outrage, it just doesnt make much sense to bother with any more. never had a problem with Ticketmaster on the rare occasion they play nearby, which i honestly dont expect them to do any more. twenty bucks for a single was already pushing it.
  • AI226269AI226269 Posts: 1
    So, I take it no one remembers the '94 single taking so long it was sent with the '95 single,
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    MrSmith wrote:
    im already letting mine lapse. not out of any sense of outrage, it just doesnt make much sense to bother with any more. never had a problem with Ticketmaster on the rare occasion they play nearby, which i honestly dont expect them to do any more. twenty bucks for a single was already pushing it.
    its a little different things in Europe..10c ticket means,share tix with friends,give your spare to a fan from another country,cos not alot can afford the trip,so probably u travel alone,early entrance so u choose to go early if u want be near the stage,making a small party in the quote before the show,alot of people from different countries.travel together to the next show,to the next town,to the next country.share,hotels,house,beds,couch,floors...here the whole pj show is a rock concert the whole day,the whole week-s of tour..not only the 2,5 hours when pj are on stage..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    LONGWAVE wrote:
    Ok, I was just trying to get an answer about the Holiday Single that was a part of the Membership Fee...

I remember it used to be called Christmas Single then Holiday Single now ANNUAL GIFT!

Do we still get the single as part of being in the Fanclub?

I have been a member of the Fanclub since 1996 and really have no issues with the band! I am just a little confused???

AGREED >>> ALL HAIL 10CLUB!!!
    They still call it, "A holiday 45 RPM vinyl single with songs not found anywhere else" here: http://pearljam.com/tenclub

MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS

Our promise to do our darndest to get you the absolute BEST tickets in the house to Pearl Jam shows around the world.
    Access to Ten Club members-only merchandise like limited edition silk-screened posters from Pearl Jam tours.
    A holiday 45 RPM vinyl single with songs not found anywhere else.
    Pearl Jam's full-color printed DEEP Magazine mailed to you
    Full access to the Pearl Jam Online Community
    Members-only contests and giveaways
  • they called it the annual single a few years ago before they came out with deep. i was looking through those old merchandise pamphlet things they used to send us before deep and it says one of the membership benefits was an "annual gift" or some crap. it's nothing new
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • pearl spampearl spam Posts: 154
    MrSmith wrote:
    im already letting mine lapse. not out of any sense of outrage, it just doesnt make much sense to bother with any more. never had a problem with Ticketmaster on the rare occasion they play nearby, which i honestly dont expect them to do any more. twenty bucks for a single was already pushing it.
    its a little different things in Europe..10c ticket means,share tix with friends,give your spare to a fan from another country,cos not alot can afford the trip,so probably u travel alone,early entrance so u choose to go early if u want be near the stage,making a small party in the quote before the show,alot of people from different countries.travel together to the next show,to the next town,to the next country.share,hotels,house,beds,couch,floors...here the whole pj show is a rock concert the whole day,the whole week-s of tour..not only the 2,5 hours when pj are on stage..

:D well said dimi
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • demetrios wrote:
    LONGWAVE wrote:
    So I guess there will be a SINGLE this year?

I would hopefully think so. It will be one year, May 09, 2009, since we got last year's single in the mail. If we have no official word after May 10th 2010, then there's a delay or something extra in the works. But what do I know. I don't work for the 10club. Though someday, I hope I do! :mrgreen:

ps .. sweet! This marks my 13,000th post on the 10club board. Excellent! :mrgreen:

Here's an email I recieved the other day from 10c about not receiving my deep magazine yet.

Hello Dan,

The Deep 6 was sent to you at:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is the address we had on file when the list was pulled. Please check there. It has not been returned to us.

Rest assured the 2009 Holiday single will be sent to your new address when they are sent.

Best,
    10c

So there's all the info you need. I'm a little pissed off about this deep magazine though, apparently someone in my household threw it out by accident :x
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • this must be your first yr...a veteran 10C member knows that this takes forever and you're happy when it arrives

nothing more to say
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • this must be your first yr...a veteran 10C member knows that this takes forever and you're happy when it arrives

nothing more to say

I hope you're not talking about me.......I know it takes forever, I was responding to the comment of no more holiday single. Thought this would reassure them since I received this email on Monday. I also never asked about the holiday single in my email I was just wondering where my damn magazine was since everyone has already received theres
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Free Hat.

fuckin' A.... i'll take a hat!
  • Free Hat.

8a.jpg

nothing more to say

I hope you're not talking about me.......I know it takes forever, I was responding to the comment of no more holiday single. Thought this would reassure them since I received this email on Monday. I also never asked about the holiday single in my email I was just wondering where my damn magazine was since everyone has already received theres

i was responding to OP which is not you...i just didnt want to quote first post b/c it was excessively lengthy
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011

nothing more to say

i was responding to OP which is not you...i just didnt want to quote first post b/c it was excessively lengthy

Ok thats cool it just appeared to be in response to my post with out any quotation. My bad :oops:
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    MrSmith wrote:

Dimi, here here it's a whole adventure :thumbup: :clap::clap:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • OkumOkum Posts: 231
    I think Mike raffled of an autographed one at FTM show
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    here i thought i was the only one who hadnt received their DEEP magazine and Easter single.

( in NYC )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I just heard this today, it's an interview Mike did with a local radio station during the Oz/NZ tour. It's an intersting listen in general, but at 9:22 he talks about the "Christmas" single. He says they're always a bit late so it might turn into a summer single this time around. I guess that's not too far away now...
  • pearl spampearl spam Posts: 154
    bazzer wrote:
    I just heard this today, it's an interview Mike did with a local radio station during the Oz/NZ tour. It's an intersting listen in general, but at 9:22 he talks about the "Christmas" single. He says they're always a bit late so it might turn into a summer single this time around. I guess that's not too far away now...

a cover of sir cliff richards we're all going on a summer holiday :D
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    By now I'm expecting my 'All Access' PJ European tour pass to come in the mail. 8-)

bazzer wrote:
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • Surely it will be something to do with music. I hope it's not a hat or key chain. Vinyl would be cool, but a good cd or dvd would work too. I'm just praying it's not a free download of a live show or something, that would suck. It needs to be something tangible I can hold in my hands. I just had another thought, a cool (high quality, artist commissioned) poster that's only available for fan club members could be neat (but it would have to be special, not something I can pick up at a local music store, more like the quality they sell at their shows).
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    a dvde or blue ray would be wonderful.
    even better if it was a download of our choice of show!!!!
    i know a lot were recorded here and there
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst