Hartford show poised to be the best night

2»

Comments

• BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374

the spotlight won't be stolen in Newark...but your wallet might!

lol
    hahahaha....you're right, nothing will take the spotlight from MSG- at least to the people in attendance. Not sure if I'll make it there myself yet, but remembering 08 I don't think I could forgive myself for missing it. I've got a month or so..I'll find a way 8-)

• I kinda think Boston is poised for the best show though. Every single tour Boston gets something really special- experiment of 03, only non-VFC shows of 04 w/ I've got a Feeling and Alone returning, Leash in 06, the riot that was Betterman in Mansfield 08...and all those tours had multiple Boston shows. If PJ gives Boston these incredible moments across multiple dates, imagine what they're going to do with just one night.

I just love how they spoil us! :D:D:D
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,823

the spotlight won't be stolen in Newark...but your wallet might!
    rimshot

:lol:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    It's hard to say what shows will be best, but I think Hartford had such a bad vibe going into 08 it surprised everyone. I was there and I remember after every song just thinking "wow... did not see that coming." To me it shattered MSG/Boston but obviously a lot of it is personal preference on song selection, etc.

That said... now that it was such a great show everyone expects the same. It's kind of funny that way, but being on a Saturday night surrounded by off days has to help at least a little.

Here's hoping for a good one... :)
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    Hello,

I've got a pair in sec. 112 row (S) seats 10 and 11. I'm trying to sell since I am no longer able to attend the show. These are not 10 Club tix. I have the hard tickets in hand in NYC. I'm looking for face value in return or a little less. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

I do realize the show isn't sold out yet. Here's the link to the venue's seating chart:

http://www.xlcenter.com/default.asp?xlcenter=37

Have a good day.

Brian
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    Hartford 2008 was my first ever show and I don't know how they'll be able to top that. That show was magical and I was listening to great shows before going to that Hartford show (Seattle II, both MSG of 2003, Mansfield III 2003, Atlanta 1994) and I believe Hartford 2008 stands with those shows. Listening to 2008 now.

Always the first show has a special place in you're heart, so will shows that you had to jump through hoops to get to...being there live versus listening to the boot just isnt the best way to compare. Truly the opinion of a few peeps who went to the whole tour would be the best way to prove which was the best show in 08, or any year for that matter....however, i do believe this whole thread was meant to suggest that due to the days off and such, the hartford show will be the best night.

I cant predict how the band shall play but I can tell you we wont be walking out of the XL Center disappointed. And if we are, well after-party at the Plaza with the 10c is in order.....

Thank you so much! That helps. I know this year will also be special. Their first time performing in the arena. Should be great.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    hartford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully mark twain will make an appearance
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTFORD!!!!!!!!!!
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTFORD!!!!!!!!!!

fuck yeah!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If only it was at the Dodge Music Center (or whatever its called)... nothing like missing getting pepper sprayed by like 20 seconds after that fence got knocked down. :lol:
    Just banged our a few beers in hartford
    tonight. The city has no idea what's gonna happen

Will there be buffalo wings at the place of the preparty?
    My thought still stands
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Considering it's the only Saturday show on this leg and that the band has a day off before and after, I'm gonna say that the hartford show will be better than the rest
    YES!!!
    My thought still stands

I'm gonna have to agree.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Newch91 wrote:
    My thought still stands

I'm gonna have to agree.

We will soon find out.
    We have to have a lot of energy and have PJ feed off of us. They do that, we're in for a great show.
  • I need a single ticket for this show. Anyone want to help me out?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Newch91 wrote:

Will there be buffalo wings at the place of the preparty?

yes
    I love to turn you on
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaater Up!