Options

Bonnaroo Roll Call..

whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Who all is going? Just curious how many of us will be there..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    watch this post will get burried.. LOL
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    I'm going for Jim Norton
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    UPSDanUPSDan Posts: 86
    Them-Bones wrote:
    I'm going for Jim Norton
    I am going...do you know when norton is on he is great saw him NYE this year and a place near rutgers back in 00 when O&A were still on WNEW.

-Your Moms Box
    Dan
    Total shows: 62
    Total performances seen: 1796
    Unique PJ songs: 147
    Unique Covers: 71
    96 (1), 98 (2), 00 (7), 01 (1), 03 (16), 04 (4), 05 (4), 06 (9), 07 (2), 08 (7), 09 (2), 10 (3), 12 (1), 13 (3 and 2 more on deck)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

It may, but it will be the best show of the summer. I'm going to three others, both MSG shows included, but I am most excited about this one! I think the boys will be out and about and EV will do a solo some time over the weekend.
    Hope they will be in super jam, or at least Mike.....
    Roo is going to rock.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I will be there. We are making it a family event, husband, cousins, brothers and sisters.

I can't wait.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    My fourth Bonnaroo.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Can't wait to see PJ's best show of the tour, along with so many other kickass bands!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    I'll be there :) This year's line up is a bit different(metallica? seriously?), but I think it'll be the best Bonnaroo in years. I'm excited for MMJ and Sigur Ros (and obviously PJ). Be sure to check out Back Door Slam, those kids are amazing blues rockers. And not even 21 yet! They asked the band I was with to buy them booze at SXSW!
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    anyone going straight from tampa to roo?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I am kind of upset I'm missing Sigur Ros at Bonnarroo that would be sweet, besides that I'm not really upset that I'm miss metallica. And I am going to see PJ at four different shows, which will make up for missing them at the roo

Anyways, it will be a good ole time
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    I'm definately going to go see PJ but also B.B. King and Willie of course.. This will be my first PJ show in nearly 13 years.. 13th show 13 years late! ha ha but it will kick ass!!! I can't wait to see some of the newer bands and such I just live for this sort of thing.. Unfortunately life takes precendence over fun and I can only make seeing PJ this one time so far this year, but hey here's hoping for a KC show soon too!!!See ya'll at the farm!
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    RockMama wrote:
    My fourth Bonnaroo.

Same for me. BONNAROOOOO!!!!
  • Options
    bonnaroooooooooooooooooooooo'
    --i agree that this will be THE BEST performance of the tour

i am also catching Camden 1, MSG 2
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    I'll see all you beautiful people there!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I'll be there. Look for the "I Am Mine" tattoo on the upper back. See you all in Manchester!
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    yeah, no one is going to Roo- great prediction!

and this is how you spell "buried"
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    any of you guys going to the shows before and after?

i am going to tampa and then have to meet friends for the SC show... i would love to hook up with some people that are serious about the pearl jam set on the 14th...

i must admit, i have had thoughts of skipping this show based on the nuisance factor... plus i know i have a whole bunch of other shows before and after this one.

but if i could hook up with some cool fans it would make it a lot more doable.

so what's the happs people...
  • Options
    I will definitely be there. Can't believe that I'm going to have to wait in that Tenn sun all day, but it's going to be well worth it to get front row for PJ!!! Only time I'll get to, since I have such a high 10C #. Plus there are so many other bands that are going to be there, it'll be incredible. Can't wait to see you all there.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    weekapaung wrote:
    I will definitely be there. Can't believe that I'm going to have to wait in that Tenn sun all day, but it's going to be well worth it to get front row for PJ!!! Only time I'll get to, since I have such a high 10C #. Plus there are so many other bands that are going to be there, it'll be incredible. Can't wait to see you all there.

I wanted to get pretty close, but not sure if I want to waste my whole afternoon and early evening shower and meal to wait for front row. Always been a dream, but have to wait and see.

Also, I thought they cleared out the area in front of the stage after every show? Read that somewhere. So you will be standing in line, to get into the fenced area in front of the stage. Maybe I will just check that out as the day goes on.
    Anyone heard anything similar?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    I'll be there. I'm not gonna lie, as much as I am thrilled to see PJ, the thought of MMJ late night really gives me just as much of a boner.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    djonesrdjonesr Posts: 73
    My wife and I will be there... Coming in from Santa Cruz!

Our first Bonnaroo.

PJ mingling with the hippies is a mini dream come true for me.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    djonesr wrote:
    My wife and I will be there... Coming in from Santa Cruz!

Our first Bonnaroo.

PJ mingling with the hippies is a mini dream come true for me.

You mean you didn't go see Prince at Coachella instead in your own state???
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    djonesrdjonesr Posts: 73
    You mean you didn't go see Prince at Coachella instead in your own state???

Yeah, but it's not because of Prince, I just don't want people thinking I'm in love with Jack Johnson or something! :)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I wanted to get pretty close, but not sure if I want to waste my whole afternoon and early evening shower and meal to wait for front row. Always been a dream, but have to wait and see.

Also, I thought they cleared out the area in front of the stage after every show? Read that somewhere. So you will be standing in line, to get into the fenced area in front of the stage. Maybe I will just check that out as the day goes on.
    Anyone heard anything similar?

Last year at Bonnaroo they instituted something they called the European Pit Model. Basically what it is, is a pit area, divided into right and left pit, each side holding about 3-500 people. This area was cleared out after each set. About 5-10 minutes before the scheduled set time of the next band, they let the people in line for that band go into the PIT area.

Basically what this means is that you can not camp out in front of the actual stage all day and be front row for every set on the Main Stage. What you can do, is sit all day in line against the wall (kind of shaded for part of the day) and wait for your band's set (for us, PJ will probably be at about 8:30 or 9:00pm) So that that means sitting and waiting in line next to the stage (you can definitely hear and partially see every What Stage act that day, and of course once you make friends in line, you hold places for food/drinks/bathroom runs).

It's a pretty sweet way of doing the PIT area thing, I like it, it lets the big time fans of any band to be up close for their band, while not shafting everyone else. You have to pick your fav. act to see if you do this.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I hitting 'em all , including The Roo. Flying from Tampa to Charlotte and on to Nashville on the 13th. Staying in Shelbyville (Super 8) and commuting. Miss the first day of The Roo, but I'll be damned if I'm going to miss seeing PJ in Tampa.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Blind3 wrote:
    I hitting 'em all , including The Roo. Flying from Tampa to Charlotte and on to Nashville on the 13th. Staying in Shelbyville (Super 8) and commuting. Miss the first day of The Roo, but I'll be damned if I'm going to miss seeing PJ in Tampa.

You shouldn't miss much on Thursday, they normally don't have big name acts that night. Things could always change, but they have never had bands on the main stage for the first day of the festival.
  • Options
    going.
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    Blind3 wrote:

i'm going to every show too... i'm rolling solo after west palm and until i meet my other tourfriends in south carolina...

but i am driving from tampa to 'the roo and onward...
  • Options
    fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
    Looking forward to meeting some posters at the ROO. I have the Royal Skull(Green) tattooed on my lower left leg. And my name is Jeremy. See u there!!!
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    I'll be there and then DC the following Sunday!
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016