Bret Michaels half dead

2»

Comments

• dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    I hope he gets better,i only hate evil people and alex ferguson
  • yeah but how often should a MRI be done? gesh.

i don't see how these people keeping saying he's going to tour soon. I’m under the impression the man is really messed up.

Aneurysms are primarily hereditary. Each of my children have to have an MRI at age 12. Doc said that should be all they need.

I wouldn't think that an aneurysm check would be anything like women having to get yearly breast exams to detect breast cancer.

If you can get your insurance to cover it. Last time I tried to get my head checked, I couldn't get the MRI approved. They never denied it; the request just sat in pending status. :roll:

I want to ride a few more roller coasters before I find out for sure, anyhow. I know my mom kind of hates knowing about hers, because of the limitations and the worry of "what if?". The location of her aneurysm pretty much guarantees either near instant death if it blows, or major disability of they operate.

Hope Bret can make a full recovery.
    I carried a watermelon
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Aneurysms are primarily hereditary.

It would be wrong to think that these are primarily hereditary - may give a false sense of relief. Whilst there are hereditary factors associated with cerebral (or other) aneurisms (hereditary disorders), they are NOT the main risks. Age, sex (female!) and lifestyle(drinking, smoking, drugs, diet, hypertension, etc.) are also major contributing risk factors.

If more than two close relatives (ie parent, grandparent, first uncles and aunts) have had an aneurism, then hereditary disorders should be looked at and one should be screened. There are loads of syndroms that can be linked to these (but not automatically cause aneurisms).
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    The last I heard was that he is able to talk but its garble and is alert. Everytime the news reports about him they never mention about him getting banged in the head during the Tony's. They talk about the appendix operation and his diabetes, but leave out the fact that he did get a head injury not that long ago.
    I have known a lot of people who died from a brain anuerism, but I don't know of anyone surviving. It sounds like he just might make it. I hope there isn't too much damage.
    Everything I have heard about the guy has been good stuff. He seems to be an upstanding person.
    I hope things aren't that bad.
    I suffered a head injury and the worse of it didn't materialize until 5 years later, which is common. It has left me unable to hold down a job, which really sucks 'cuz I didn't finish my degree, which is social work and something I really wanted to do, until 1994. I got the injury in 1995 and in 2000 it caused me to be bedridden for almost a year. So, I only got to use my degree for 6 years. Hell, I still owe school loans!!

Anyway, I do hope he gets through relatively okay. I doubt things will be the same for him is why I say "relatively okay".
    Save room for dessert!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    havent read the thread much.
    bret did it for the chics.
    he loves his music.
    it works well for him.
    300 trillion chics dig mr. bret michaels.
    he seems to be a decent dude. (i don't follow the latest crap shit on tv)
    i don't know him personally so, um... whatever.

i hope he gets well soon and kicks more ass.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I have known a lot of people who died from a brain anuerism, but I don't know of anyone surviving. .

A lot do.... There are different levels of severity of a ruptured aneurism. Also depends how big, where it is, etc.

Though googling, found a news item from today stating:

"He's walking. He's not walking very well. He's talking very well, and he's very mentally aware," Dr. Joseph M. Zabramski said, adding, "He'll fortunately make a 100 percent recovery."

Following a third angiogram that determined no aneurysm had taken place in his brain and that bleeding was no longer occurring, Michaels' condition was downgraded from critical to stable. "

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163840 ... aels.jhtml

So if no aneurism, was it 'just' a brain hemorrhage? Would seem like it. Also, the article says he arrived at the hospital 'with slurred speach' which means he was conscious. And only two weeks in hospital. Wasn't that bad (comparitively). I do wish him full recovery - it's shit when you're left damaged.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    And he's out of the hospital!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026

Yay :)
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    PJPixie wrote:

Yay :)
    Truly a miracle... :clap::clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Too bad...

Bret Michaels has suffered what doctors call a "warning stroke," or a transient ischemic attack, according to his Web site.

The rocker, 47 -- who is still recovering from a brain hemorrhage -- was "readmitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands," according to a statement posted on his site.

While undergoing tests -- including an MRI and CT scan -- doctors also discovered he has a hole in his heart.

The news is "devastating...to Bret and his family," says his neurosurgeon, Dr. Joseph Zabramski. Michaels has two daughters, Raine, 10, and Jorja, 5, with ex girlfriend Kristi Lynn Gibson.

Continues Dr. Zabramski, "The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the...warning stroke; however we feel it is highly unlikely this is connected to the brain hemorrhage he suffered just a few weeks earlier. Once again, it is great that he quickly reacted to the severe numbness and got to the hospital immediately."

Dr. Zabramski adds, "I realize Bret wants to make a full recovery so that he can be active with his family, attempt to attend the finale of Celebrity Apprentice and especially get back on the road to continue making music. Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100 percent recovery.

"Medically speaking it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have. However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100 percent yet, especially with the hole found in his heart."

Says his rep Janna Elias, "Bret wants everyone to know he cannot thank you enough for all of the well wishes, prayers and good vibes you have sent his way. Even though these last few months have been tough on him and his family, especially this most recent setback, he is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    I saw the interview he did with Oprah yesterday and he is doing well, thank goodness. He seems like a really good person, which is what this world needs more of.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • Drama Queen
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    when i first heard about him being sick, i thought that he'd been poisoned...
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    when i first heard about him being sick, i thought that he'd been poisoned...

Eyedclaar...get out while you can. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2