Bret Michaels half dead

BlahBlah Posts: 469
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    Yeah I read that. Kinda sucks. Hope he pulls through.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    never been a fan but i hope he's ok
  • dadesdades Posts: 322
    Ye not much of a fan but hope he pulls through.
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    Have never been a fan but would never wish this on him or anyone else.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I saw Poison in 1993 at Merriweather with my boyfriend who was a fan. I thought they were pretty good.

I always wondered why Bret participated in those awful, cheesy Rock of Love shows. He was like a dad smoothing out sisters' catty fights, ugh. I used to watch reruns in the middle of the night when I had insomnia. I kept asking my husband WHY would he be on such a stupid show?

Recently, I read the article about his emergency appendectomy and the article said he had been raising money for children's diabetes. He's alright I think! I'm praying for his recovery.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Sad. I just saw him a few weeks ago on a talk show discussing being a good dad for his two young daughters. My thoughts and prayers are with them at this time.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bret Michaels after being hospitalized on Thursday night after complaining about intense headache was found by the doctors that Michaels was bleeding from brain stem, also known as subarachnoid haemorrhage. But the good news is, he is conscious and stable but he is under supervision for the 24 to 48 hours.

According to Ambre Lake who told to the TMZ that the 80s rocker and now a reality show star is able to talk and has responded to the medicines. The doctors are hopeful that the rocker will be making a fast recovery.

Earlier this month Bret was hospitalised because he suffered excruciating pain in his stomach which was alter diagnosed to be appendix, hence emergency appendectomy was performed. He was making a good recovery, though it was hindered because of his diabetic conditions. Due to his emergency appendix operation his tours got postponed. Though, now nothing has been said or commented on when the shows will take place. One can expect that it might get postponed or cancelled because of his brain haemorrhage

http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/ ... 0042448029
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    I blame the head band. :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,040
    imalive wrote:
    or that cheesy as cowboy hat. WTF?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    imalive wrote:

too soon...
    www.myspace.com
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    imalive wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: That's exactly what I thought! I know, I know - not funny ...... well maybe a little
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    every brain has its hemorrhage.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    long red wrote:

I see what you did there....

I hear he took a turn for the worse. They are saying the whole thing might be related to the time he was hit in the head at the Tony Awards.
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    What a coincidence, he made my ears bleed in the eighties.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I thought that Rock of Love show was terrible, but I wouldn't wish illness on anyone. Hope he recovers.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    JaneNY wrote:
    I wouldn't wish illness on anyone.

Not even Dick Cheney? C'mon, the baby Jeebus wants you to...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    CNN) -- Medical tests show Bret Michaels has suffered a setback in his recovery from a brain hemorrhage, according to a statement posted on his official website Tuesday.

Despite the development, "doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery," the statement said.

The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal," it said.

"Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels' condition, a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures," said the statement posted by road manager Janna Elias.

Michaels "is responding well to tests and treatments," she said.

"Even though today was a minor setback Doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.

I hope he gets well. Didn't watch Rock of Love but have seen some of him on Celeb Apprentice and he seems like a really nice guy.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    I had it wrong about him raising money for children's diabetes. Another article said he gave his money earned from donald trump's reality show to the American Diabetes Association. donald trump was on some morning show and said bret is very down to earth and everyone likes him.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Lizard wrote:
    CNN) -- Medical tests show Bret Michaels has suffered a setback in his recovery from a brain hemorrhage, according to a statement posted on his official website Tuesday.

Despite the development, "doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery," the statement said.

The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal," it said.

"Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels' condition, a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures," said the statement posted by road manager Janna Elias.

Michaels "is responding well to tests and treatments," she said.

"Even though today was a minor setback Doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.

I hope he gets well. Didn't watch Rock of Love but have seen some of him on Celeb Apprentice and he seems like a really nice guy.

His music does nothing for me, nor does the reality tv crap. but when I worked at Guitar Center I met him a few times, and I know people who have worked with him and he is a really nice dude.

wishing him well.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    tinkerbell wrote:
    imalive wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: That's exactly what I thought! I know, I know - not funny ...... well maybe a little

Furtively opened this email while attending a Death By Powerpoint meeting and stifled a snorting laugh. But then I immediately felt really bad. Does that offset the giggle?

I do wish the guy well. Sounds like he's a decent person and like others have said, nobody deserves that...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    long red wrote:

This made me laugh.

Funny, he has daughters yet he can date and ogle women young enough to be his daughters....granted, i liked to watch rock of love, the first season but still... c'mon...when they can be your daughter?
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    Lizardjam wrote:
    long red wrote:

This made me laugh.

Funny, he has daughters yet he can date and ogle women young enough to be his daughters....granted, i liked to watch rock of love, the first season but still... c'mon...when they can be your daughter?

are you sure? I thought they were middle aged fans.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    iluvcats wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    long red wrote:

This made me laugh.

are you sure? I thought they were middle aged fans.

I watched the first season. I'll admit it, it was addicting. I liked the girl that won. She was...i believe 24, 25? He could have been her father that's for sure. Some were older...yeah but not most.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    my mom called me just to tell me. very random call. i tried hard not to giggle. mom you know who brett michaels is?
    funny how i heard but it's not funny at all.
    does he have any kids?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    Heard he might go back on tour in May?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    Each one of you should have an MRI done to check for an aneurysm. I'm fortunate mine was large so I had some symptoms that allowed us to catch it before it ruptured. Mine would have been fatal due to the size. Loss of life after ruptured was expected to be 1 minute.

Long story short, I know what he's going through. Those ateriograms suck a dick. However, they don't suck worse than his music.
    yeah but how often should a MRI be done? gesh.

i don't see how these people keeping saying he's going to tour soon. I’m under the impression the man is really messed up.

• HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    yeah but how often should a MRI be done? gesh.

i don't see how these people keeping saying he's going to tour soon. I’m under the impression the man is really messed up.

Aneurysms are primarily hereditary. Each of my children have to have an MRI at age 12. Doc said that should be all they need.

I wouldn't think that an aneurysm check would be anything like women having to get yearly breast exams to detect breast cancer.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I hope he pulls through...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Aneurysms are primarily hereditary. Each of my children have to have an MRI at age 12. Doc said that should be all they need.

I wouldn't think that an aneurysm check would be anything like women having to get yearly breast exams to detect breast cancer.

oh ok. i see. thanks for explaining.