Kind of Weird

2»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    jamburger wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    I call bullshit on being able to place them in your cart at 2:45. The software works where you're NOT able to place them in your cart if you're restricted... not that you're not able to purchase them. Good story though.

My verbage was wrong I guess. At 2:45 the buy button was readily available. When I hit it I was told the tickets were not available because I had purchased MSG tickets. I should have clarified this from the beginning. If I did not have MSG tickets they would have been easily purchased at that time. The blurb about not being able to be purchase was in red, very similiar to if you tried to purchase another set of tickets for a show that you already had them for. I'm not bullshitting as I am sure I'm not the only person with MSG tickets who attempted to purchase Newark tickets prior to 3:00 and saw the same message.

I guess so too.
    DS1119 wrote:
    ...It was really weird being able to place tickets in my cart at 2:45 (couldn't buy them obviously) but at 3:01 all hell broke loose again...
    DS1119 wrote:
    I was fooling with the site at 2:45 from my blackberry while driving and had zero problems getting the tickets...trust me I wasn't bogging the site down for anyone.

I don't understand what you mean by writing "I guess so too" but if if you don't belive me...well it happened. No reason to just make it up.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    In all honesty, if the software allows it, this is probably the way to go in future sales. For the first hour or two, only people who live in the same state as the show get access to their home show and then open it up to the travelling fans. :idea:

As a traveller to NYC I'd have no problems with locals getting access to tickets ahead of me. Let's face it, only us tourists should be forced to use ticket resellers.
    What about people who live where PJ never comes? They might be always out of luck. Better to limit 10c tickets to one set per annoucnement.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    In all honesty, if the software allows it, this is probably the way to go in future sales. For the first hour or two, only people who live in the same state as the show get access to their home show and then open it up to the travelling fans. :idea:

As a traveller to NYC I'd have no problems with locals getting access to tickets ahead of me. Let's face it, only us tourists should be forced to use ticket resellers.
    i and many others have been saying that for years now on here and all we do is get bitched at or told its "unfair" :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Captain
    the natural sequence in the thread would have been sufficient to demonstrate the continuity in logic
    Things were different then
  • DS1119 wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by writing "I guess so too" but if if you don't belive me...well it happened. No reason to just make it up.

i wanted to see what would happen if i clicked buy even though i already had MSG tickets and i did the exact same thing you did. i was able to click buy but right afterwards it said that the product was restricted.

you weren't able to actually put it in the cart but you were able to click buy and that's as far as it got.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • epistemological origins

what a douche. Satan seriously?

Awful pal.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    64bit_highway_3.pngtriplexpubc.jpg
  • my dear(s), why mock me for my use of the English language? Debate my arguments and not my personality - after all, we are interacting online and you do not need to suffer me in person.
    epistemological origins

what a douche. Satan seriously?

Awful pal.
  • Why bother attacking me personally when we could enjoy the anonymity of an online discussion without letting personal character assassinations get in our way? Regardless, I wish you well.
    ponner1us wrote:
    SatanRules,
    Which dictionary do you keep by your side to peruse while engaging in conversations on the interwebs?
    Is it Merriam-Webster, Webster's New World Dictionary, or American Heritage, or perhaps, none of the above?
    I ask because I'm trying to improve my conversational vocabulary by using words that no one else does, in an effort to display my superiority and omniscience to everyone who wishes to engage me in dialogue.