Kind of Weird

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited April 2010 in The Porch
For as many people that were complaining about not getting MSG tickets, I can't believe that the Newark tickets didn't sell out after two hours. I think us in the club have a tendency to slightly over react. I am lucky enough to be going to one of the MSG shows. It was really weird being able to place tickets in my cart at 2:45 (couldn't buy them obviously) but at 3:01 all hell broke loose again. I would have liked the opportunity to get the tickets at 2:45 but whatever. It looks like its the same jammers who are constantly "fighting" each other for limited tickets. Hopefully in the future more Ten Club tickets could be made available. Its pretty obvious its the same people...its not like Newark is on the other side of the country. I guess I could sum this up with...if the tickets were sold the same way for Newark that they were for MSG the site would have locked up and people would have been still trying to buy them.

David
64xxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I think they were fairly close to sold out in the first two hours and that was with a huge part of the PJ population waiting. I mean... a lot of people got left out of MSG, but a ton got one show so I think the fact that they were gone within a minute of the 2PM on-sale is pretty crazy.
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    why did you try to get tickets before 3pm? You had tickets to MSG so why clog the site? Btw, could you expand your logic regarding your last sentence for us common follk?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    why did you try to get tickets before 3pm? You had tickets to MSG so why clog the site? Btw, could you expand your logic regarding your last sentence for us common follk?

I was fooling with the site at 2:45 from my blackberry while driving and had zero problems getting the tickets...trust me I wasn't bogging the site down for anyone. In summary I guess all the bitching and moaning I believe wasn't because of a great majority of fans not getting MSG tickets, it was from fans not getting both nights. If there were SO many people who didn't get either night why was it so easy to get the Newark tickets prior to 3:00? By how many posts were on the forum it should have sold out as quick as MSG. If this show was sold like the previous MSG's or Boston shows where it was a free for all you know how much complaining there would be on the board...and it would be from people who already had tickets to other shows but somewhow the system would be "unfair" and how they are being screwed. Bravo Ten Club!

David
    64xxx
  • basbas Posts: 16
    i got shut out for both msg shows so atleast it did help me secure a show in my area. so again thanks 10 c for doing it this way
    bas wrote:
    i got shut out for both msg shows so atleast it did help me secure a show in my area. so again thanks 10 c for doing it this way

Good for you. Enjoy!!

David
    64xxx
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited April 2010
    In all honesty, if the software allows it, this is probably the way to go in future sales. For the first hour or two, only people who live in the same state as the show get access to their home show and then open it up to the travelling fans. :idea:

As a traveller to NYC I'd have no problems with locals getting access to tickets ahead of me. Let's face it, only us tourists should be forced to use ticket resellers.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    MSG didnt sell out quickly. It was just really slow. I got my pair 3 hours after they went on sale for both garden shows. They didnt do anything different today, besides the head start.
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    DS1119 wrote:

I was fooling with the site at 2:45 from my blackberry while driving and had zero problems getting the tickets...trust me I wasn't bogging the site down for anyone. In summary I guess all the bitching and moaning I believe wasn't because of a great majority of fans not getting MSG tickets, it was from fans not getting both nights. If there were SO many people who didn't get either night why was it so easy to get the Newark tickets prior to 3:00? By how many posts were on the forum it should have sold out as quick as MSG. If this show was sold like the previous MSG's or Boston shows where it was a free for all you know how much complaining there would be on the board...and it would be from people who already had tickets to other shows but somewhow the system would be "unfair" and how they are being screwed. Bravo Ten Club!

David
    64xxx

here's my 2 pesos

i didn't get either MSG... and I didn't even attempt Newark... a Tuesday in New Jersey is not an easy thing to pull off from Boston... without taking 2 days off from work...

so while i had plenty of interest in MSG...
    i had less than zero interest in newark...

why do you feel the need to put your name and member number on every post? just curious

why do you feel the need to put your name and member number on every post? just curious

It's a tribute to the commodore 64 computer, but it should look like this C=64 :)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    From what I heard today the site wasn't bogged down at all.
    The ppl that I know who got in for the first 2 hours got tix fast and easy.
    The same for me at 3 pm...no problems at all.
    So, if a few ppl were just checking it out before the actual presale, I don't think it added much stress.
    Either not as many of us as we thought got fully shut out of MSG or not all of us want to go to Newark.
    I have Club tix for night 1 so i had to wait till 3 to get Newark tix.
    I'll get into MSG night 2 too...if my fellow Club Members are as good as I think they are :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Good for you, Commodore 64 Dave.
    Apart from your hypothetical, non-empirically based statements, do you really need to tell us your story? Next time, save some of the mystery for your soul mate and leave us out of your non-cognitive ruminations.
    DS1119 wrote:
    For as many people that were complaining about not getting MSG tickets, I can't believe that the Newark tickets didn't sell out after two hours. I think us in the club have a tendency to slightly over react. I am lucky enough to be going to one of the MSG shows. It was really weird being able to place tickets in my cart at 2:45 (couldn't buy them obviously) but at 3:01 all hell broke loose again. I would have liked the opportunity to get the tickets at 2:45 but whatever. It looks like its the same jammers who are constantly "fighting" each other for limited tickets. Hopefully in the future more Ten Club tickets could be made available. Its pretty obvious its the same people...its not like Newark is on the other side of the country. I guess I could sum this up with...if the tickets were sold the same way for Newark that they were for MSG the site would have locked up and people would have been still trying to buy them.

David
    64xxx
    Good for you, Commodore 64 Dave.

um Dave didn't call himself c64 - that was me being a pissant :)
  • Senor Andrews- I used your moniker for Dave, knowing very well that it was, in fact, you that had named him as such. I figured that the natural sequence in the thread would have been sufficient to demonstrate the continuity in logic, but if you needed to clarify it then so be it.
    Peace

Senor Andrews- I used your moniker for Dave, knowing very well that it was, in fact, you that had named him as such. I figured that the natural sequence in the thread would have been sufficient to demonstrate the continuity in logic, but if you needed to clarify it then so be it.
    Peace

Cheers Satan, no slight upon you, I just making sure he wasn't hit for my warped idea of fun

:) Peace man!
  • bas wrote:
    +1, happy to not get molested via stub hub for MSG tix
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
    DS1119 wrote:

David
    64xxx

here's my 2 pesos

i didn't get either MSG... and I didn't even attempt Newark... a Tuesday in New Jersey is not an easy thing to pull off from Boston... without taking 2 days off from work...

so while i had plenty of interest in MSG...
    i had less than zero interest in newark...

So a Thursday at MSG is really that different from a Tuesday in Newark. I mean the two arenas are about 15 miles apart. And about the member number it's something that was started on these boards a while back. Sometimes I pout it, and other times I don't.
    Apart from your hypothetical, non-empirically based statements, do you really need to tell us your story? Next time, save some of the mystery for your soul mate and leave us out of your non-cognitive ruminations.
    DS1119 wrote:

David
    64xxx

Wow I thought this was an open forum. Sorry a55hole.
  • Ah, yes - now you engage in the age old tradition of cussing which, of course, does not help resolve arguments that well.
    As long as the forum is "open", our respective opinions are valid.
    Peace
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

David
    64xxx

Wow I thought this was an open forum. Sorry a55hole.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    just to put this out there as far as the ease of tix for newark:
    There are probably a handful of fans like myself who planned on goign to MSG1. I was going to fly in on wednesday and leave the following sunday. I would have to take off three days from work. Unfortunately, I was unable to get tix through either presale, but if I had been able to score tix, I would have booked my flight that same day and not been there for the newark show.

Also, I assume many folks who got tix for both MSG shows have already spent nealry $400...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:

David
    64xxx

funny, I think Dave makes a good point and has made decent discussion... along with the other 20 people who were talking about his points in this thread. Why you're the only one with a trolling issue in this thread is the only mystery I see.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:
    So a Thursday at MSG is really that different from a Tuesday in Newark. I mean the two arenas are about 15 miles apart. And about the member number it's something that was started on these boards a while back. Sometimes I pout it, and other times I don't.

I think you need to expand your view of the situation...

a Thursday (followed by a Friday) at MSG IS completely different than a Tuesday in Newark (preceded by a Monday in Boston)

I'm not talking about people within a short drive of these venues... I'm talking about people driving or flying a few hours, taking off work, etc

people saw 2 shows in NYC ... they made plans to make it happen... and then tried for tickets

now... people have all kinds of other plans and committments... personally i'm taking time off for buffalo and nyc... a tuesday dropped in the middle of those plans doesn't work

i'm assuming many others are in the same boat
  • So, just because I have a different opinion and have queried the epistemological origins of this thread, I am called out for trolling? Debate the point and not the person, my friend
    DS1119 wrote:

David
    64xxx

funny, I think Dave makes a good point and has made decent discussion... along with the other 20 people who were talking about his points in this thread. Why you're the only one with a trolling issue in this thread is the only mystery I see.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    DS1119 wrote:

I think you need to expand your view of the situation...

a Thursday (followed by a Friday) at MSG IS completely different than a Tuesday in Newark (preceded by a Monday in Boston)

I'm not talking about people within a short drive of these venues... I'm talking about people driving or flying a few hours, taking off work, etc

people saw 2 shows in NYC ... they made plans to make it happen... and then tried for tickets

now... people have all kinds of other plans and committments... personally i'm taking time off for buffalo and nyc... a tuesday dropped in the middle of those plans doesn't work

i'm assuming many others are in the same boat

I think many others are, I know I am. Could have had 10C tickets at anytime during the first two hours they were on sale yesterday but decided against it because of the cost of more travel. It was either driving and a hotel or a train down and then back immediately after the show. Either way, it was money I know I should be spending better elsewhere.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    SatanRules,
    Which dictionary do you keep by your side to peruse while engaging in conversations on the interwebs?
    Is it Merriam-Webster, Webster's New World Dictionary, or American Heritage, or perhaps, none of the above?
    I ask because I'm trying to improve my conversational vocabulary by using words that no one else does, in an effort to display my superiority and omniscience to everyone who wishes to engage me in dialogue.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i would travel to see pearl jam in the garden...not in jersey
    So, just because I have a different opinion and have queried the epistemological origins of this thread, I am called out for trolling? Debate the point and not the person, my friend

big words are your friend huh?
    So, just because I have a different opinion and have queried the epistemological origins of this thread, I am called out for trolling? Debate the point and not the person, my friend

Funny, I was going to say exactly the same thing to you. Why would you disregard everything he said only to tell him to keep his thoughs to himself -- it added NOTHING to the content of his post? I thought he had good questions, and that is what I responded to. I didnt tell him to keep it to himself. And if you really wanna know, you came off kinda rude -- but that's just my opinion.
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    I call bullshit on being able to place them in your cart at 2:45. The software works where you're NOT able to place them in your cart if you're restricted... not that you're not able to purchase them. Good story though.
    jamburger wrote:
    I call bullshit on being able to place them in your cart at 2:45. The software works where you're NOT able to place them in your cart if you're restricted... not that you're not able to purchase them. Good story though.

My verbage was wrong I guess. At 2:45 the buy button was readily available. When I hit it I was told the tickets were not available because I had purchased MSG tickets. I should have clarified this from the beginning. If I did not have MSG tickets they would have been easily purchased at that time. The blurb about not being able to be purchase was in red, very similiar to if you tried to purchase another set of tickets for a show that you already had them for. I'm not bullshitting as I am sure I'm not the only person with MSG tickets who attempted to purchase Newark tickets prior to 3:00 and saw the same message.
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    DS1119 wrote:
    jamburger wrote:

My verbage was wrong I guess. At 2:45 the buy button was readily available. When I hit it I was told the tickets were not available because I had purchased MSG tickets. I should have clarified this from the beginning. If I did not have MSG tickets they would have been easily purchased at that time. The blurb about not being able to be purchase was in red, very similiar to if you tried to purchase another set of tickets for a show that you already had them for. I'm not bullshitting as I am sure I'm not the only person with MSG tickets who attempted to purchase Newark tickets prior to 3:00 and saw the same message.

I guess so too.
    DS1119 wrote:
    ...It was really weird being able to place tickets in my cart at 2:45 (couldn't buy them obviously) but at 3:01 all hell broke loose again...
    DS1119 wrote:
    I was fooling with the site at 2:45 from my blackberry while driving and had zero problems getting the tickets...trust me I wasn't bogging the site down for anyone.