Options

EV zippos on sale now!

Comments

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i dont smoke but i wanted one. but i agree, the price for something that will sit on a shelf is way too high. shipping is a joke. i could almost justify the extra 10 bucks on the lighter, but 10.50 for shipping? nah. i'll leave them for someone who will actually use it.

and..........nice way to post on the day of the sale. more BS, IMO.

have a nice day 10c
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    nobody is being forced to purchase these.

my god when does the bitching and moaning stop?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Bathgate66 wrote:

unfortunately, never.....shit if they were free people will bitch.....most people are just miserable and want us to know about it
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    $40 + shipping is a lot but maybe it will deter flippers somewhat...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    I don't know about the extra $10.00 on the actual price, but $10.50 shipping is justifiable .. Think about it, the posters cost us $7.50 in shipping, and you know the actual cost is somewhere between $3-4 at the post office.. So once you figure that roughly $4.50 is the actual cost of mailing your Zippo, the additional $6.00 goes to the people that 10C employs, to actually fill the orders, and other administrative cost like office/warehouse space, and maintaining a web site and such.. Think about it..
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    BeerBaron wrote:
    there's clearly no one around here with a lot of money. no one around here who spends thousands of dollars following the band around the world. no one around here who spends hundreds on $25 posters. no one around here who will drop hundreds on collectible LPs.

I don't know what they are thinking either :)

alright alright, i see your point.

I've spent a good chunk on them but 10 bucks for shipping? it doesn't even weight a pound.

To each their own though, still looks like a cool lighter
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    BigwaveMxBigwaveMx Posts: 138
    i just got one. Here in my country, any version of a zippo lighter cost 50 bucks around. So then, is a good price for me...even if i don't smoke :D
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I won't bitch and moan.

But I will just save my money for 6 MSG beers.

;D
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    6$........they are going to be more like 9 dollars.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    All I will say is remember the laptop bag & beach towel. Once they were gone.....
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Oxxys wrote:
    6$........they are going to be more like 9 dollars.

I said "6 MSG beers" - I heard they were $8, so that would be $48.

But if they are $9 I may have to kick in 4 more bucks.

Can't be cutting back.

:D
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,347
    Bathgate66 wrote:

You've been around long enough to know the bitching and moaning will never stop.
    I looked at the Zippo, its a nice looking trinket, I don't smoke, and decided at $50.50 it wasn't worth it for me...no biggie, I'll try and spend my money on a couple of posters this week instead...but some folks aren't happy unless they have sometjing to complain about.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    DPrival78 wrote:
    not all that long ago, you used to be able to get a ticket to a show for that price.

now.. a lighter.

that is a good point. crazy, really.
    Anyone got a picture of one of these lighters?

they are in the goods section with pictures

as for the price

its not just a bic lighter here, people. its a zippo. a zippo with stuff on it. 40 seems to what the going rate of a zippo with designs/logo is. im not getting one.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    $50 for a lighter?
    (40 + 10.50 shipping)

no thanks...i can wear an $85 hoodie, but i refuse to buy a $40 ($50) lighter. I'd planned on buying one till I saw the price, so I'm sure there will be plenty to go around to those who think it's worth it.

Sub-Total $40.00
    Shipping $10.50
    Grand Total $50.50

give me a fucking break.
    by the time you buy lighter fluid.... it'll cost the same amount as a hoodie and won't keep you as warm :p
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    by the time you buy lighter fluid.... it'll cost the same amount as a hoodie and won't keep you as warm :p
    Now if you lit that hoodie on fire with your new zippo.....that would keep you nice and warm!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    could anybody buy a zippo on my behalf and i paypal them the cash as soon as you get it? I will throw in a couple/as many as you like within reason dvd boots for the generous person who can help me out

here's my list to wet your appetite

http://db.etree.org/super%20vedder

yours hopefully

SV

PM me or post replies here, thanks!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:

i could light the hoody stand on fire with my Zippo and provide warmth for many. :D

Beavis "FIRE,FIRE!"
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 552
    Green Disease - new theme song..

hmmmm

Ironic
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Just got back from a 3 day hike and was glad to see there are still some zippos left. Pick one up, fo sho.
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    40 bucks! That shit better come with a dime bag and papers!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I don't smoke but I still got mine.

Nice piece of collection.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,101
    I don't smoke but I still got mine.

Nice piece of collection.

I don't either but think its a great souvenir (of shows I couldn't get to!!)

I really don't think the price is bad even with the shipping.....its such a nice piece :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    What's the deal with the whinge about the price? That's the average price for a normal zippo, never mind a special zippo like the EV one
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Nevermind wrote:
    $40 dollars is a fucking joke.

Yup... Green Disease. ha
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    What's the deal with the whinge about the price? That's the average price for a normal zippo, never mind a special zippo like the EV one

exactly!!!

theres so many whingeing little bitches on here its untrue! :D
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    @Super Vedder: I think I can help you out if you´re still interested.
    Have to get back to work now; I´ll pm you this evening.
    Cheers
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    for what it's worth, I would like to add my 2 cents...

When Eddie was touring, people were going crazy for the zippos and spending more than twice the current price on eBay. They were selling out in seconds, and people bitched that they didn't get a chance to get one, and all of the flippers were grabbing them.

Now, the Ten Club has heard our wants and offered the coveted zippos to us at just above what they cost at the shows (plus shipping). Yes, it is more than at the shows... but the point is they were made available to us. If you don't want to pay that kind of money for a zippo, then don't... but why complain about it? I can't afford a Porsche right now, but I don't bitch the Porsche dealerships out for selling cars that I can't afford or don't charging more than I want to pay.

Also, I went to Zippos website, and NFL lighters are 30, a silhouette of a hunter and his dog is 31 and there are many others that range in price... but at the end of the day, I am sure the 10C set the price at what they considered to be Fair Market Value (a price that they would expect people to pay, and they would accept). Sounds like many have bought them for this price.

Finally, at this price, there should be less flippers. Had they set the price at $30, and they Zippos disappeared in 15 minutes, those that really wanted them but were not immediately aware of the sale or able to get online at that moment would be stuck and would likely eventually go to eBay and pay more. This way, those that really wanted one will get one and those that are on the fence will have to make a decision. Like anything else in a capitalist society, you have a choice to buy certain things, and if the price is more than what you are willing to spend, you don't buy it.

10C, thank you for making these availabe.
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I think they're lovely and I'd love one... but just can't justify the price. Have to be realistic this year :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    @Super Vedder: I think I can help you out if you´re still interested.
    Have to get back to work now; I´ll pm you this evening.
    Cheers

thanks, but im sorted now ;)
  • Options
    I had no idea zippos were so expensive....
    There are Elvis, Stones, and Beatles ones here for $25+

http://www.zippocasemuseum.com/index.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1&mid=2&directoryid=+194&ctrl=productlist

i'm not bitchin, just not buying a $50 lighter....or a $30 lighter for that matter.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon