To mourn Melbourne Storm being stripped of it's 07 & 09....

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I heard that The Storm players will not be eligible for SOO and rep teams this season unless investigations prove they had no idea of the dealings within the club. Anyone else heard this?

nope. not yet. whered you hear it??

CH9 news tonight........scary for QLD team, but also makes way for some new blood to come thru

well first off.. you know i dont give a toss about the qld team. :P :lol:

it would be devastating for the players if rep football was taken from them. but if it is found that the players were complicit then fair enough. thered have to be some clear cut evidence of dirty dealings for that to happen i reckon.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Well I work with the mum of an nrl player...won't say who or what team, but it's not a team in QLD OR vic...and she has said it rife amongst the clubs (i think we probably were all a tad bit suss of that anyway), and her son has had the ATO make enquiries about his actual and his reported income when he was still at school. (he was recruited in his early teens) She actually recieved a tax group certificate from the club one year!!!!
    Remember the old days of clubs putting the wives of the players on the books saying they had jobs within the club???? Obviously the old ways are still within the club and they simply are finding more ways or loopholes to exploit in order to pay their players more.
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    imalive wrote:
    who/what the hell is/are a melbourne storm? :wtf:

You might know them as a rugby team, since ESPN can't tell the bloody difference between rugby and league. lol
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.