To mourn Melbourne Storm being stripped of it's 07 & 09....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Premierships I ask you all to observe a 24 hr halt to posting threads/posts in this sub forum.
Thanks.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    my team has won 20 premierships. i dont care that the storm has just lost their paltry 2. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    1999, 2007, 2009

In a 10 year history
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    1999, 2007, 2009

In a 10 year history

superleague doesnt count. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    It was NRL in 1999.
    Shhhh I am mourning lol
    parramatta beat my team last weekend... im in mourning also.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Don't feel like victory. Seems a little out.
    And all these consequences elope. It's nothing like your NRL glory dream.
    Putting in. Inputting in. Don't feel like premiership glory.
    A scratching voice all alone it's nothing like your premiership victory lap.

It's nothing as it seems. The little that he needs. It's 2007 & 2009 premierships.
    The little that he sees. Is nothing he concedes. It's premierships.

One uninvited whistleblower. A blanket like the ozone.

It's nothing as it seems. All that he needs. It's 2007 & 2009 premierships.
    The little that he frees is nothing he believes.

Saving up a sunny October grand final day. Something maybe two premierships.
    Anything of his own. A chip off the corner stone.
    Who's kidding? Rainy day. A one way ticket million dollar fine.
    Occupations overthrown. A whisper through a press conference microphone.

It's nothing as it seems. The little that he needs. It's 2007 & 2009 premierships.
    The little that he sees is nothing he concedes. It's 2007 & 2009 premierships.
    And all that he frees. A little bittersweet. It's 2007 & 2009 premierships.
    It's nothing as it seems. The little that you see it's 2007 & 2009 premierships.

:(
  • Sorry it took me so long to post, I was too busy gut laughing all the way up here in brisbane.

I think we should be awarded honorary premierships as we have been eliminated 4 of the last 5 final series by the storm. . . . . Just sayin' ;)
    so what does this mean then???? the storm are playing only for honour this year???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    understand this thread?
    i do not
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Do the crime do the time. $700,000 over the salary cap in 2010 alone. They had to go.

For anyone who doesn't understand this thread:

In Australian each Rugby League each team has $4.1 million to spend on 25 player squad each year. It keeps the competition even and keeps the costs in check and basically stops the richer clubs buying all the top players and winning every year and making the competition boring.
    So over the last five years Melbourne have been overpaying players to the tune of $1.7million. $1.1million of it in the last two years. This team has been an absolute powerhouse in the premiership over the last five years and benchmark that most other teams measure themselves against. So they've been caught and been stripped of there 2 premierships, there 3 minor premierships(first past the post at the end of the regular season) fined a total of $1.6 million and probably worst of all they've been stripped of all their points for the season so far(they were coming second to the mighty Dragons!! :D ) and they will not be awared any points for any games they win for the rest of the season. Regardless of how many games they win they win finish on zero points and rightly so in my opinion. Another team was caught doing the same thing 8 years ago and no were near as badly as this and they had the same thing happen to them.
    A precident had been set and everyone knew the penalties for doing this.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

HA.

Oh, this is so precious, I need to put this moment in a cute little box.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    This clears the way for the Warriors to begin their reign of dominance!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(my alarm clock will go off to wake me up in 5, 4, 3, 2...)

Seriously - that sucks balls for the fans. How pissed are they right now?

I heard the guy responsible just got canned from his Super 15 gig - is that true?
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    This clears the way for the Warriors to begin their reign of dominance!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I heard the guy responsible just got canned from his Super 15 gig - is that true?

I know he is/was the CEO of the new Melbourne Super 15 team, if he wasn't fired yesterday he will be soon, also he was in charge of one the AFL teams before he took over the storm.

don't worry about the warriors they will find a way to lose on Sunday.

I love League, ever year there is a couple of big scandals, this year we have had the storm and the knights drug lords, I love this game
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054

Parramatta is a dirty word in my house.....now I must go cleanse :lol:

But as for the Storm....well if you're going to try and rort the system, you will eventually get busted. It's a huge penalty, but suppose it sends a warning to the other clubs that it simply will not be tolerated. Especially with all the other incidents that have rained down on the NRL in the last few years with palyer indescretions and unacceptable behaviour, for too long they have handed out petty penalties and in the long run, it is the game that suffers.
    Part of me feels sorry for the Storm players as they will be playing for nothing this year, but part of me wonders just how much were they in on it too? The players and player managers also have a lot to answer in this I think.
    Oh well, at least we got Izzy!!!! :lol: [size=85]not that our boys have had an outstanding season so far![/size] :oops:
    edited April 2010

But as for the Storm....well if you're going to try and rort the system, you will eventually get busted. It's a huge penalty, but suppose it sends a warning to the other clubs that it simply will not be tolerated. Especially with all the other incidents that have rained down on the NRL in the last few years with palyer indescretions and unacceptable behaviour, for too long they have handed out petty penalties and in the long run, it is the game that suffers.
    Part of me feels sorry for the Storm players as they will be playing for nothing this year, but part of me wonders just how much were they in on it too? The players and player managers also have a lot to answer in this I think.
    Oh well, at least we got Izzy!!!! :lol: [size=85]not that our boys have had an outstanding season so far![/size] :oops:

theoretically if someone were to offer me x dollars to play for their club and im happy with the offer i def wouldnt be worrying if the club was still flying under the cap. i would assume they know what the hell theyre doing.

so... games the storm actually wins this year(cronulla for sure), who gets the points???
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Do the crime, do the time. There are salary caps FOR A REASON!!!!

Go the mighty Warriors ....
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Thanks to the storm cheating, my team will not win the wooden spoon :D:lol:

Who cares really, it is league, it is a shit game...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Terryible wrote:
    cajunkiwi wrote:

I know he is/was the CEO of the new Melbourne Super 15 team, if he wasn't fired yesterday he will be soon, also he was in charge of one the AFL teams before he took over the storm.

don't worry about the warriors they will find a way to lose on Sunday.

I love League, ever year there is a couple of big scandals, this year we have had the storm and the knights drug lords, I love this game

he is expected to go today. With a history like that, they do not want him hanging around.
    Super Rugby is a bigger deal globally than NRL will ever be.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

theoretically if someone were to offer me x dollars to play for their club and im happy with the offer i def wouldnt be worrying if the club was still flying under the cap. i would assume they know what the hell theyre doing.

so... games the storm actually wins this year(cronulla for sure), who gets the points???

If storm win, no points are distributed to either team in that game.

But just saw that Waldron has quite Rebels rugby...http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1043816
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,976
    who/what the hell is/are a melbourne storm? :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Thanks to the storm cheating, my team will not win the wooden spoon :D:lol:

Who cares really, it is league, it is a shit game...

its a shit game... yet you have a team??? :think:

people have been watching this game their whole lives. people care. they just dont care about the storm. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

If storm win, no points are distributed to either team in that game....

wow thatll make for some inspired play by the storm guys.

personally i hope they kick arse and all leave for other clubs at the end of the season.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    imalive wrote:
    who/what the hell is/are a melbourne storm? :wtf:

Rugby League team in Australia....in mega shit for breaching conditions of salary cap and quite possibly heading for fraud charges
    of course i have a team, but i am not much of a follower of Rugby League.
    In recent years it has been worse, going from one scandal to the next.

Go Tahs!! :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Go the COWBOYS!! :lol::lol:

Really, I should say Go Johnathan Thurston because he's the only one who fucking does anything!

But yeah....that Storm shit is totally fucked up! :roll:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    I feel for the players that now have to get their 2007 & 2009 tattoos removed.
    Fuck Brian Waldon and Fuck David Gallop!
    talking about the possible demise of the melbourne storm, steve mortimer said tonight that with the comp being called the NRL, without melbourne its not really the NRL.

i couldnt help but laugh knowing there no team representing SA WA Tasmania or NT. not only that but theres team from NZ. hardly a national comp then is it???

he was a great halfback but perhaps he needs to think before he says stuff.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I heard that The Storm players will not be eligible for SOO and rep teams this season unless investigations prove they had no idea of the dealings within the club. Anyone else heard this?
    I heard that The Storm players will not be eligible for SOO and rep teams this season unless investigations prove they had no idea of the dealings within the club. Anyone else heard this?

nope. not yet. whered you hear it??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

nope. not yet. whered you hear it??

CH9 news tonight........scary for QLD team, but also makes way for some new blood to come thru