newark hotel rooms or stay in manhattan instead?

2»

Comments

• mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    edited April 2010
    smanchac wrote:
    here is my 2 cents, if anyone can let me know how this will work id appreciate it.

im coming in from tx, flying into ny on 5-17. have a hotel for 5-17 - 5-23 at the Wyndham at 341 36 st (about half mile from msg)

so, since my gf is disabled, i was planning on
    taking a car service from hotel in ny to newark. no problem, but, any one know how i would arrange for the same company to get us afterward?

then, walking from hotel to msg on both nights. would it be hard (if needed) to get a cab after the msg shows back to hotel?

i think i have it planned relatively easy, but, im not from ny so im just feeling it out now.

Whats your thoughts?

For both MSG and Newark, I'd call the venues and ask about dropoff/pickup points
    The cab line for msg is right in front on 7th ave (betw 32nd/33rd) but there's prob a better way for you to go that would be near an elevator entrance

With the crowds, you r better off with a car service but just in case, there is an elevator on 6th avenue (west side of the street) that takes you right down to the path (32nd str stop) if you did want to take public trans to newark (betw manhattan mall entrances-look for the blue path sign), y'll need to change trains at Grove Street station in jersey city (and get off Journal sq train to get on Newark train) but its on the same track and Newark Penn Station (where y're getting off) has elevators

http://www.nyc.com/visitor_guide/disabl ... eview.aspx
    Post edited by mauichick on
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Get_Right wrote:
    nj transit late night can be sporadic
    path is great although it is like a subway
    stay in NYC
    that way you can get korean BBQ at 2 am round the corner from the hotel

I suggest the bulgogi and the kalpi with a round of sake or shochu