Options

Any luck with weight gainers?

2»

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    spat wrote:
    ok to answer a few questions, i'm 30 years old. i kept telling myself when i was a teenager, ohhh by the time you're 25-30 your metabolism will slow down and you'll start to fill out...still waiting for that! and by saying i want to add fat, i don't mean i want to GET FAT, just enough to fill me out, then start working out to build some muscle, cuz i'm afraid if i hit the gym right away it'll just burn off any calories i do put on, right?

No. You just need to be prepared to eat more calories than you are burning off. It's a mathematical certainty that you will gain weight if you eat over you daily requirements. It's hard work, and it requires consistency and dedication. Since you don't mind adding some fat, bulking up will be pretty simple diet-wise, you could pretty much eat anything you want and so long as you're getting enough protein and you're eating more than you burn off, you ought to put on weight pretty quickly.

So if I were you, I would find out how many calories you burn a day, here's the forumla for working it out (you need to find out your body fat percentage first):

http://www.weight-loss-i.com/calorie-ne ... cardle.htm

then I would search around online for a decent weight lifting program, hit the gym, and eat eat eat! You will put on weight.