Anti-Obama Shirts at Upcoming Shows

Lucca BrazziLucca Brazzi Posts: 21
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I consider myself a Libertarian, and I really despise some of the things Obama has done, and what he plans to do.
The band is has always made a point to give us their opinion, how does the TenClub mass feel about people wearing ant-Obama shirts to the upcoming shows?
Everyone has a photographic memory.......Some just don't have film!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    i dont think anyone is gonna care what kind of shirt your wearing....unless its a PJ shirt.
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    each to their own, i agree with most of what obama has done, my worry is that he hasn't done enough to be honest
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    the only shirt must be wear at upcoming shows are the anti-bitching shirts
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    I have an idea....

Why not just wear a stickman shirt, or a yield shirt, then go to the shows early, meet up with some friends, tailgate in the parking lot, eat some good food, have an adult beverage or 12, then go see the best rock band on the planet.

In other words....

Leave the politcal bullshit at home for 3 hours, and enjoy the best rock band on the planet.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • robbierobbie Posts: 883
    I consider myself a Libertarian, and I really despise some of the things Obama has done, and what he plans to do.
    The band is has always made a point to give us their opinion, how does the TenClub mass feel about people wearing ant-Obama shirts to the upcoming shows?

you could always just wear your klan hood.
  • AGREED!

Leave the politcal bullshit at home for 3 hours, and enjoy the best rock band on the planet.
    Amen...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Amen...
    Leave the religious bullshit at home too!!!!

hehehehehe
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    Ed might make a comment or 2 if he sees you in it.
    Mission accomplished.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    robbie wrote:

Actually, your race-baiting post shows that you focus more on race than the original poster, who probably focuses on economics and government intrusion. Nicely played.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

Amen...
    Leave the religious bullshit at home too!!!!

hehehehehe
    i want to leave it but i cant...Mike is God... :D
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    robbie wrote:

Wow we've got someone from the DNC on here... I mean they are the ones that say its racist if you disagree with anything, right?

In all seriousness though - everyone on both sides just leave the politics at home. No one wants to hear it at a rock concert. Besides - it might inspire EV to bust out No More... :?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    People have been disappointed, to say the least, in our government/administration for awhile now. In fact, it doesn't really matter who's in office. But there are supporters still for Obama and your fellow PJ fan may take offense to the shirt. I agree, leave the politics at home and love the band and your fellow fans and just have a great time.
  • I have an idea....

Why not just wear a stickman shirt, or a yield shirt, then go to the shows early, meet up with some friends, tailgate in the parking lot, eat some good food, have an adult beverage or 12, then go see the best rock band on the planet.

In other words....

:thumbup:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I don't give a shit what shirt you wear. Who cares? I am not there to see you and your shirt. Or anyone else's shirt.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I guess I am going to have to pack my Obama shirt now. Let me know which show you will be at so I can wear it.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Who cares what you wear to shows? I'm not there to look at people's t-shirts...I'm there to see the best band in the world.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    why would you wear that shirt anyway, to make a statement? People don't have any style anymore.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    thunderDAN wrote:
    why would you wear that shirt anyway, to make a statement? People don't have any style anymore.
    Just wait until you see me - I am oozing with style.
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    You people crack me up. If this were a post 10 years ago and it were about that president it would be perfectly acceptable and applauded. Now though, it's "leave that stuff home!"

Since when is a Pearl Jam show no place to voice a political opinion?

Please. Do some of you really hear yourselves?
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    edited April 2010
    drsluggo wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Just wait until you see me - I am oozing with style.
    I'm just saying, if there is a question as to what the response would be, why would you wear it? What statement are you going to make by wearing it? Will wearing an anti-Obama shirt to a Pearl Jam concert change anything? Nope.

Also, why are people planning on what they are wearing to concerts that are a month away?

Just wear it. Not a big deal, but if you are seriously worried about the reaction, why even bother wearing it? It won't change anything anyways
    Post edited by thunderDAN on
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    You people crack me up. If this were a post 10 years ago and it were about that president it would be perfectly acceptable and applauded. Now though, it's "leave that stuff home!"

10 years ago, I would have made the same statement I am making today.....

Leave the political bullshit at home.
    BUSH-lager wrote:

Then kudos to you. I wouldn't wear the shirt either. But do you get my point overall? It's hypocriscy at it's finest.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    BUSH-lager wrote:

He can do that. He can wear whatever he wants now, 10 years ago, or 10 years from now. I don't care. I never understand these threads about what to wear at concert. And I certainly don't need the validation of a message board to make me feel better about what I wear.

Wear a cow suit. Dress up like Big Bird. Go naked. Who cares?

Well, some of us don't need to go naked I guess.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    BUSH-lager wrote:

Then kudos to you. I wouldn't wear the shirt either. But do you get my point overall? It's hypocriscy at it's finest.
    Sure, I get what you are saying.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I wish I had to worry about what shirt to wear. Maybe next time around.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    I wish I had to worry about what shirt to wear. Maybe next time around.
    Yep..

Im with you....

Next time......
  • I find it pretty ironic that fans of Pearl Jam are telling fans to leave the political bullshit at home. I mean, COME ON. Up until Backspacer, Ed didn't leave the political bullshit at home! He wore it on his sleeve! And most of his fans ate it up, now someone wants to know if it would be ok to voice his opinion at the upcoming show, and he's being told to just shut up and enjoy the rock?

I would hope that Ed would disagree with you all and encourage this person to exercise their right to freedom and speech.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Flagg wrote:
    BUSH-lager wrote:

He can do that. He can wear whatever he wants now, 10 years ago, or 10 years from now. I don't care. I never understand these threads about what to wear at concert. And I certainly don't need the validation of a message board to make me feel better about what I wear.

it's not about the SHIRT per say. It's about making the statement he wants to make. the shirt is just the vehicle with which to drive it home is all.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Flagg wrote:
    BUSH-lager wrote:

Yeah, i don't know why the OP is asking. My guess is that it was a fecitious attempt to stir the pot a bit. I was just moderately amused by the replies decrying the statement. I am certain the tune would be sung a whole lot different were this posted last administration.
This discussion has been closed.