A Spring Wish For My Two Sons (Yes We Are Back)

Comments

• cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    En route to pre-party bump
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Last minute bump by direct order of the kid with the request for tonight... :D
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Pre-Party Bump
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Pre-Party Bump
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Claireack wrote:
    Did you have a good time?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Awww looks like they didn't play it. :(
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Hey Black Diamond - it was REALLY cool randomly meeting you and your son as we walked through the crowd! I'm glad the weather held so you and your son got to witness that electric show.

Out of curiousity, was your son the boy that Eddie referenced in the crowd a couple times? How cool to get advice from Eddie...I was thinking that might be you guys as he talked about the "8 or 9 year old kid down front" throughout the show.

No Breakerfall unfortunately, but a monster setlist nonetheless. Cool meeting you and your awesome son!
    Black73 wrote:
    Hey Black Diamond - it was REALLY cool randomly meeting you and your son as we walked through the crowd! I'm glad the weather held so you and your son got to witness that electric show.

Out of curiousity, was your son the boy that Eddie referenced in the crowd a couple times? How cool to get advice from Eddie...I was thinking that might be you guys as he talked about the "8 or 9 year old kid down front" throughout the show.

No Breakerfall unfortunately, but a monster setlist nonetheless. Cool meeting you and your awesome son!
    Hey!!!! Yeah that was the coolest :D No we were way in the back and freezing our butts off!!! But it was a stellar show!!
    Are you coming east for more shows???
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Black73 wrote:

Hey!!!! Yeah that was the coolest :D No we were way in the back and freezing our butts off!!! But it was a stellar show!!
    Are you coming east for more shows???

Glad you guys got to witness that amazing show, regardless of your seats. My kids & I saw the Columbus show the night before, & they both were bummed that I got to hear Release, Garden, Daughter, Supersonic and Baba O'Riley in Noblesville. Perhaps next tour for them!

Unfortunately, we packed up the family and left for Wisconsin the following day. My 10 year-old and I were really bumming in our yard last night about the time Pearl Jam would've been taking the stage in Cleveland. Hope you enjoy the rest of your road trip.
  • My little boy Jesse is only four( thats him in my avatar!) anyway he loves pearl jam (can't think why?). He's just a wee bit small for a show yet methinks! Hopefully pearl jam can come back to Belfast again in a few years time and he'll be able to come with me. As for this year, I live pretty close to Belfast and I was thinking of maybe heading down early to pick up my tickets and taking him with me, just so he can put on his little pj shirt and soak in abit of the atmosphere, maybe get him some badges - he loves badges ( but his mum didn't like the " who the fuck is biffy clyro?" badge i got him last year, i swear i didn't notice it till the next morning!) and then i can take him home tuck him into bed and go out and ROCK THE FREEWORLD!!!!! Every sunday i take the kids out to see my parents and yesterday we were listening to backspacer in the car "johnny Guitar" came on and my daughter Lily (she's six not a pearl jam fan anymore! she will be again though!) said "did that just say your name?" ( i'm jonny!) and Jesse said "maybe Eddie wrote if for daddy" bless him. I told them that yep Eddie wrote for me! but Lily just said " aye, right Eddie dosen't even know you" What can you say to that? Anyway hope everyone had or will have a great time at these shows and if your going to Belfast look out for me an Jessseboy! :D
    I say get Jesse a ticket and rock out together! I had a ton of people telling me how seeing me w/my boys at the Columbus concert made them decide to bring their kids to the next show they attend. We have the responsibility to pass the PJ torch to our kids...pass it Jonny!!!

Enjoy Belfast...the band has so much energy this tour, & you are in for a real treat!
  • I think this one has landed two years early for Jesse, I could see him sleeping on my knee before ben harper has left the stage! He has so much energy during the day he's like the duracell bunny but then a switch flicks and it's lights out! Usually that's around 8 pm, anyway his mum wouldn't give up her 10c seat for him! So ed and the boys will just have to come back to Belfast for Jesse! So excited about these shows, Reading setlists and reviews so far the band seem to have a renewed energy... Bring it on , can't wait!
    I think this one has landed two years early for Jesse, I could see him sleeping on my knee before ben harper has left the stage! He has so much energy during the day he's like the duracell bunny but then a switch flicks and it's lights out! Usually that's around 8 pm, anyway his mum wouldn't give up her 10c seat for him! So ed and the boys will just have to come back to Belfast for Jesse! So excited about these shows, Reading setlists and reviews so far the band seem to have a renewed energy... Bring it on , can't wait!
    Yes Definitely bring Jesse... The boys are sooooo into now that PJ has fans for life... They talk set lists, rag on each other as to who went to the better shows (I tell each one that they did ;) , I'm not stupid :mrgreen: )

OK so Colemeiser was dissapointed at no Breakerfall (PLEASE MSG 1 for that one)
    But it's 4 days to Hartford and the 7 year old Loganator may not be able to take the fact that he did not hear Brain of J...

Please Please Please... :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Claireack wrote:
    bumpity
    Brain of J and Hartford!!!!
    Go together like peas in a pod!!!

Thanks guys :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Is there going to be a problem with the boys if one gets their song and the other doesn't? Mmmmmm, I feel there may be the risk of a compensation pressie being required.
    Claireack wrote:
    Is there going to be a problem with the boys if one gets their song and the other doesn't? Mmmmmm, I feel there may be the risk of a compensation pressie being required.
    I am always paying up for something :lol:
    The little one secretly now hopes he gets the others song... Just to stick it to him :P
    GoiMTvP.gif
    3 Days to BOJ Please :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
    :D
    Sea wrote:
    May 13, 2010 Bristow, VA, Jiffy Lube Live

Set List: Small Town, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Brain Of J, Save You, Given To Fly, Present Tense, Down, Unthought Known, Insignificance, Even Flow, Comatose, Faithfull, All Those Yesterdays, Black, The Fixer, Do The Evolution

1st encore: The End, Just Breathe (dedicated to Carmine MacKaye), Garden, Why Go, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Blood/Atomic Dog (Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

2nd encore: Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) [song title dedicated to Sean Penn for Haiti relief work], Spin The Black Circle, Alive (dedicated to Jon Tester), Sonic Reducer (Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....
    Thank you :)
    :evil: :evil:

So who do I talk to about a apoplectic 7 year old... :cry:
    Couldn't wait 1 more show :sigh:

Well there is always MSG II :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Well I will take a shot at this...

I know you played it last show but Brain tonight would make a 7 year old REALLY happy :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    Claireack wrote:
    The little one secretly now hopes he gets the others song... Just to stick it to him :P
    of course!! Go little brother!!!!! Love it!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Yeah, a little sibling rivalry goes a long way when he will not get his song...
    Although he told me Once would be awesome this morning (hint, hint)
    GoiMTvP.gif
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ONCE was good too . in COLUMBUS!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ONCE was good too . in COLUMBUS!!!! :mrgreen:[/quote]
    Yeah you got THE show so far :evil: (until tonight)
    GoiMTvP.gif
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ONCE was good too . in COLUMBUS!!!! :mrgreen:
    Yeah you got THE show so far :evil: (until tonight)[/quote]
    shoulda sweet talked the wifey!!!!! Guess the boot will have to do, huh?

mickeyrat wrote:
    shoulda sweet talked the wifey!!!!! Guess the boot will have to do, huh?
    Yeah, I am losing my touch :lol:
    Oh the boot is a must...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Hope your son get's his wish tonight :D