Wow...great PJ stash at Record Store Day! Check it out!

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I went down to my local indie record store today to pick up some of the Record Store Day exclusive vinyls (picked up Soundgarden, Hole, Hendrix, Neil Young, Wilco, among a bunch of others). When I was done I was told to go outside to a table that was set up with a bunch of freebies that were to be given out to customers who had spent money on the exclusives that morning (the more money, the more freebies -- I happened to spend $245 total :D ).

So I reached the end of the table and there was a stash of HUGE rolled up posters. I unrolled them to see what they were and it turns out they were the PJ Immagine in Cornice silkscreen posters that were given out a few years ago. I already have a few of the smaller posters, but these were the HUGE ones -- 28x46 (the ones that have an average price of $330.00 on expressobeans).

I had an opportunity to select three free items so naturally I took 3 copies of the PJ poster. What a great morning!
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    free! one of my favorite 4 letter F words...

nice job as you certainly deserve good PJ Kharma like that...
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    free! one of my favorite 4 letter F words...

nice job as you certainly deserve good PJ Kharma like that...

Thanks dude. :D

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    that's awesome! congrats, Paul!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    :thumbup:

Awesome bro!
  • Sounds like a great day to me
    Remember Everyday To Love And Do It Openly Please Spread The Jam
    Noblesville 1998,2000,2003,2010
    Toledo 2004
    Cincy 2006
    Washington D.C. 2008
    Ed In Nashville 2009
    Chicago Night One 2009
    Columbus 2010
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    you had a great day!
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    I also scored some free PJ swag at Streetlight Records in San Jose. They had several copies of the Backspacer promo poster in a bin under the free table. I took two, and left plenty for others. There might still be some there for anyone in the SJ area. They also had plenty of the promo drummer Backspacer stickers. And when I got home and looked in my bag, there was a Johnny G promo sticker in there as well. Awesome Record Store Day!
  • OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    That's great find !!
    Is that the one in Claremont? Gotta find time go down there and hope they still have few of them by the time I get there.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,935
    sooooooooooo..............you have two free extras? ;):lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That's awesome walkunafraid! Good stuff. The only free posters I was able to obtain were a George Harrison print a Flaming Lips Embryonic print. Wanna trade?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    very cool.. gotta love that
    OceanStone wrote:
    That's great find !!
    Is that the one in Claremont? Gotta find time go down there and hope they still have few of them by the time I get there.

Yessir, the one in Claremont. I love that store. I actually went back later for the Yo La Tengo show and they still had some of the PJ posters outside (although they hung one of them up...with pushpins :o )! I hope you made it down there...

That's awesome walkunafraid! Good stuff. The only free posters I was able to obtain were a George Harrison print a Flaming Lips Embryonic print. Wanna trade?

That George Harrison print was nice...my fiancee actually grabbed one of those when she went down, otherwise I would have loved a trade.

• En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    I picked up one of those sweet Backspacer posters at my local record store today. I saw a flyer on the back counter about the upcoming Band of Horses album and asked the guy about it. I mentioned that I was going to see them open for Pearl Jam and he was like you said the magic word and handed me the poster! Too friggin cool.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    OceanStone wrote:
    That's great find !!

Yessir, the one in Claremont. I love that store. I actually went back later for the Yo La Tengo show and they still had some of the PJ posters outside (although they hung one of them up...with pushpins :o )! I hope you made it down there...

I got that Silkscreen when I bought the DVD there a few years back. Missed Yo La Tengo but heard they were cool. I read above that the Immagine silkscreen goes for a few hundred bucks??? Wow, I never checked. If any diehard collector wants to send me an offer for mine, pm me, I don't collect posters. :D
    Dark Star wrote:
    OceanStone wrote:
    That's great find !!

I got that Silkscreen when I bought the DVD there a few years back. Missed Yo La Tengo but heard they were cool. I read above that the Immagine silkscreen goes for a few hundred bucks??? Wow, I never checked. If any diehard collector wants to send me an offer for mine, pm me, I don't collect posters. :D

Only the 28x46 silkscreens are going for that much. I, too, got an Immagine silkscreen with the DVD at Rhino a few years ago...but it was the smaller version (15x24, I think). Do you have the huge one or the smaller one?

• OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    OceanStone wrote:
    That's great find !!

Thank you so much! :D I grabbed the one had no push pin on it. No Soundgarden vinyl by the time I got there, , but managed to get Jimi Hendrix, Them Crooked Vultures & Peter Gabriel box set. That poster is a beauty but huge, and it doesn't fit in my usual poster storage thing, has to think where to store it.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Anyone get the Neil Young poster "Live at Massey Hall"?
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.