Andy Wood Documentary 1DVD/2CD

Comments

• OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Nobody got this yet?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    OGT92 wrote:
    Nobody got this yet?

Heard it's coming out this August by Universal Studios!
    So it was pushed back. Surprise, surprise. Thanks D.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    OGT92 wrote:
    Cool! Thanks for the info. Will be sure to pick one up.

Same!...:)
  • theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    rolenrock wrote:
    oh yeah? I guess the Grunge movement would have come about with out Mother Love Bone... THE grunge band coming out of Seattle in the late 80's ... without the decent success of Andrew Wood ... there would be no Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard... and NO PEARL JAM... period.

lol yeah because mother love bone was "grunge" and there was no such band as soundgarden. mother love bone was "cock rock" at its finest.

if thats the case i love cock :?
    rolenrock wrote:
    oh yeah? I guess the Grunge movement would have come about with out Mother Love Bone... THE grunge band coming out of Seattle in the late 80's ... without the decent success of Andrew Wood ... there would be no Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard... and NO PEARL JAM... period.

lol yeah because mother love bone was "grunge" and there was no such band as soundgarden. mother love bone was "cock rock" at its finest.

i do too! :|
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    rolenrock wrote:

i didn't coin the term my friend, i just enjoy using it.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    ]

i didn't coin the term my friend, i just enjoy using it.
    it's actually called GLAM

so you enjoy saying the word cock :| :wtf: :P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    does this guy really need a documentary? i'm not trying to be a dick, but he didn't do anything for music... he just died at a young age. mother love bone wasn't even that good of a band.
    there are more important people in music that documentaries should be based on. just sayin'
    yea cause nirvana were really ground breaking with their version of "punk" rock :roll: :lol::lol:

and yes you are coming off like a dick. show some respect for man that cause of his OD gave us pearl jam. man you always gotta have one oddball of the bunch,
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    does this guy really need a documentary? i'm not trying to be a dick, but he didn't do anything for music... he just died at a young age. mother love bone wasn't even that good of a band.
    there are more important people in music that documentaries should be based on. just sayin'
    yea cause nirvana were really ground breaking with their version of "punk" rock :roll: :lol::lol:

and yes you are coming off like a dick. show some respect for man that cause of his OD gave us pearl jam. man you always gotta have one oddball of the bunch,

1.) i never mentioned nirvana in my post... but that being said, nirvana is a much more important band than mother love bone. sorry to break it to you, but nirvana opened many doors for pearl jam *gasp*. and yes, nirvana with "their version of punk" was much more ground breaking than mother love bone's glam rock. i wonder how many bands out there look back and think "mother love bone is the reason why we're here right now".....
    2.) show some respect? for what? the guy overdosed... give me a break. andy wood gave us pearl jam? yes, as he lay dying his last words were "stone and jeff, i want you two to form a band with eddie vedder and mike mccready and call yourselves pearl jam". i'm pretty sure the only people responsible for pearl jam are stone and jeff.
    3.) one oddball? lol okay
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    rolenrock wrote:

First off, Mother Love Bone wasn't even A grunge band yet alone THE grunge band. Secondly, Stone and Jeff were in a band before it called Green River....the grungiest of all the grunge bands. So realistically since Mother Love Bone was a glam band, Stone and Jeff kinda sold out grunge to start that band. That's why Kurt Cobain was all pissed when PJ hit it big. From Cobain's perspective, you got these two guys (Stone and Jeff) who helped pioneer this sound, then they start a glam band because that's the stuff that's big on the radio, and when that doesn't work, they return to grunge as if they never left.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    rolenrock wrote:

First off, Mother Love Bone wasn't even A grunge band yet alone THE grunge band. Secondly, Stone and Jeff were in a band before it called Green River....the grungiest of all the grunge bands. So realistically since Mother Love Bone was a glam band, Stone and Jeff kinda sold out grunge to start that band. That's why Kurt Cobain was all pissed when PJ hit it big. From Cobain's perspective, you got these two guys (Stone and Jeff) who helped pioneer this sound, then they start a glam band because that's the stuff that's big on the radio, and when that doesn't work, they return to grunge as if they never left.

thank you
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    if this is Malfunkshun we saw a screening a few years ago in Toronto and it was amazing, and heart breaking

scot barbour answered questions and talked about the movie and it sounds like he put a lot of time and himself into making it - I don't know how he got all of that amazing footage

andrew wood seems like he was a really funny guy, total comedian - it was a little hard watching this young kid so full of life knowing how the story was going to end

weird and interesting peek into how things were starting there back then - really makes you think a little about happenstance and a tragic series of events bringing things to where they are today
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    This is the latest update that I've seen, nothing new really (was posted here a week ago):
    http://easystreetonline.com/blog/3268/show-review-love-rock-at-the-hard-rock
  • gregpolardgregpolard Posts: 54
    Had never heard about this movie...stoked to watch it when it comes out.
  • just think where we'd be if he'd lived.............

not here! ;) :shock: :o
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    Okay, it's the 2nd half of August. Is it out yet? I can't find any info on this any where.
    OGT92 wrote:
    Okay, it's the 2nd half of August. Is it out yet? I can't find any info on this any where.

On the Andrew Wood Facebook page, there hasn't been an update since the party in Seattle June 25th

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8681_n.jpg.
    demetrios wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

On the Andrew Wood Facebook page, there hasn't been an update since the party in Seattle June 25th

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8681_n.jpg.

Thanks D.
    Found this info/link over @ the Bug's Mailing List! :)

http://www.guerrillacandy.com/news/malf ... ease-date/

The documentary Malfunkshun: The Andrew Wood Story will be released on DVD March 15, 2011 by Universal Music Enterprises packaged along with two CDs of music written by Wood, including unreleased Malfunkshun material.

The film is a look into the life of Mother Love Bone frontman Andrew Wood and it includes live footage from both MLB and Malfunkshun, the band he was in with his brother Kevin prior to joining Mother Love Bone. There are also interviews with grunge figures including Chris Cornell, Stone Gossard, Jack Endino and other details about Wood and his impact on local music.

Although it has a tragic ending (Wood died of a drug overdose in 1990 and the film begins with his father reading his eulogy at Wood’s funeral) it shines a mostly positive light on Wood’s life. Aside from concert footage and hearing Cornell, Gossard and others talk candidly about Wood, highlights include seeing Mother Love Bone in the studio and getting a glimpse into the glam rock side of Wood. Most all grunge enthusiasts will especially enjoy watching Wood work with a group of children while recording “Stardog Champion”

The film has only been shown publicly twice. It debuted at the Northwest Film Forum in 2005 and was screened at Hard Rock Seattle earlier this year. It’s on par with Hype and Tad: Busting Circuits and Ringing Ears as one of the best documentaries focusing on the local scene I’ve watched.
    demetrios wrote:
    Found this info/link over @ the Bug's Mailing List! :)

http://www.guerrillacandy.com/news/malf ... ease-date/

The documentary Malfunkshun: The Andrew Wood Story will be released on DVD March 15, 2011 by Universal Music Enterprises packaged along with two CDs of music written by Wood, including unreleased Malfunkshun material.

The film is a look into the life of Mother Love Bone frontman Andrew Wood and it includes live footage from both MLB and Malfunkshun, the band he was in with his brother Kevin prior to joining Mother Love Bone. There are also interviews with grunge figures including Chris Cornell, Stone Gossard, Jack Endino and other details about Wood and his impact on local music.

Although it has a tragic ending (Wood died of a drug overdose in 1990 and the film begins with his father reading his eulogy at Wood’s funeral) it shines a mostly positive light on Wood’s life. Aside from concert footage and hearing Cornell, Gossard and others talk candidly about Wood, highlights include seeing Mother Love Bone in the studio and getting a glimpse into the glam rock side of Wood. Most all grunge enthusiasts will especially enjoy watching Wood work with a group of children while recording “Stardog Champion”

The film has only been shown publicly twice. It debuted at the Northwest Film Forum in 2005 and was screened at Hard Rock Seattle earlier this year. It’s on par with Hype and Tad: Busting Circuits and Ringing Ears as one of the best documentaries focusing on the local scene I’ve watched.

It's being released the day before my son's birthday, if it doesn't get pushed back again. Thanks for the info D.
  • VsVs Posts: 76
    thank u for the info
    Update!!! :)

http://www.amazon.com/Malfunkshun-Andre ... 088&sr=8-4

$79.46

Audio CD (July 19, 2011)
    Original Release Date: 2011
    Number of Discs: 3
    Label: Roc-A-Fella
    ASIN: B003SNYZS4
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    thats cool, i already have the malfunkshun cd, and a double cd bootleg of demos from adrew and his brother through to temple of the dogs, will check out this release though, anybody know if the dvd that was made is out there yet, or even released. can never seem to track down any decent info.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    https://www.facebook.com/Malfunkshun

Malfunkshun - The Andrew Wood Story

July 19, 2011 is the official RELEASE DATE for my film "Malfunkshun - The Andrew Wood Story". 10 years in the making and 6 years in the waiting.

It will be released on DVD in a Boxed Set along with "Melodies & Dreams" the Andrew Wood solo album, and Malfunkshun's "Return to Olympus".

A sincere THANK YOU to the family, friends and fans of Andy, who helped make this dream come true.

Long Live L'Andrew !

Scot B

:D
  • Jdub5521Jdub5521 Posts: 147
    Does anyone know how this got to be produced by Roc-a-fella (per the amazon.com link)? Not that it matters, just seems like an interesting combo.
  • monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    demetrios wrote:
    Malfunkshun: The Andrew Wood Story on DVD.

Hopefully it will be released on Bluray, too!
    *crossing fingers
    Agreed! Thanks for the update!
    just checked this on amazon for the uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Malfunkshun-And ... 420&sr=8-1

Doesn't mention a dvd, but i can only assume this is it, any ideas before i pre-order.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    I was actually just thinking, is it coincidence that after years in the making, and waiting to be released that this project is finally being released in the year of PJ20. am i just thinking too much into this, and its just a weird coincidence, or do you think its done on purpose considering the connection.
  • Disco PortlandDisco Portland Posts: 1,036
    SWEET!
    1996: Seattle, WA.
    1997: Oakland, CA - (Rolling Stones)
    1998: Portland, OR. & Seattle, WA.
    2009: Portland, OR.
    2011: East Troy, WI. 1 & 2 - PJ20 & Portland, OR. - Ed Solo
    2012: Dallas, TX. - Ed Solo
    2013: Dallas, TX. Oklahoma City, OK. & Portland, OR.
    2014: Tulsa, OK
    2015: Seattle WA. - Mad Season
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Miami, FL. & Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2017: Dana Point - Ohana Fest - Ed Solo
    2018: Seattle WA. 1 & 2 - Safeco
    2021: Dana Point - Ohana Fest & Night 1 & 2 - Ed Solo,
    2022: Louisville, St Louis
    2024: Portland, OR